Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:20:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are altcoins from bitcoin?  (Read 560 times)
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:17:56 PM

The value comes from demand, if there is a huge demand for a coin and since most of these coins are not minable with fixed token supply, so as the demand for this coin increases the price also increases
With the fact that the value comes from their demand, I completely agree with you. But about the need for most projects, I can not agree. There are projects that do not understand what they are for.
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:20:07 PM

How exactly do altcoins gain value? There are so many altcoins out there and honestly you can see connection among these in terms of the drop and rise of price.
The reason of drop and rise in value of alts along with rise and drop in bitcoin is due to the fact that the price of bitcoin reflects the average sentiment in the crypto space. Most people including me invest in alts to increase my bitcoins. Remember almost 90% of the coins will cease to exist in the future, but bitcoin is here to stay!

bhobafett

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:05:39 PM

I think they are totally different. Does it matters right now? The more important is, they have value. And people keep on supporting them for a good cause.

Accumulate Bitcoin. The bottom is in or near it.
Eddyc

Activity: 1015
Merit: 391

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:28:12 PM

The idea of how altcoin gains value is quite simple, from the very beginning that an altcoin is created, is deserved of a purpose, of a purpose that can influence a system or even the day to day of people, with that generates demand the interest for the currency. Regarding the connection is undoubtedly correct, Bitcoin is the main currency, all the others are alternatives and all depend on their moment and current value.

Note* I write about projects that can do something for society. Now whether this will happen depends not on me, but on the project team. I'm just a writer... DYOR
Guryon_master

Activity: 384
Merit: 12

Student Coin

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:10:24 AM

How exactly do altcoins gain value? There are so many altcoins out there and honestly you can see connection among these in terms of the drop and rise of price.
They gain value through the standard of their altcoin but the drop and rise of bitcoin always affect them all all because bitcoin is the measurement of the success of all cryptocurrecy. But it doesn't mean that bitcoin will carry all the altcoins on success but the contribution of each altcoins also play a big part.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram◂[/center
upisdown

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:22:01 AM

Altcoins are cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin. The majority of altcoins are forks of Bitcoin with small uninteresting changes. This page categorizes different ways altcoins have modified Bitcoin.

minivan

Activity: 263

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:28:33 AM

There is definitely a dependence of altcoin on bitcoin. After all, bitcoin is a classic crypto currency, which sets the trend for the entire crypto-currency market.
captaincomet

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:30:17 AM

It's like comparing the exchange rate of a pair of euros and a dollar with the value of gold. Gold in this example is Fiat. If gold rises, then the euro and dollar exchange rate are lower relative to gold at the same time
Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:45:30 PM

Anyone today can make very easily his own coin, in the same way he can make his own bills with a printer.
The problem, of course, is that nobody will accept them.
The value of bitcoin is in the general trust it gained in these years.
Altcoins have a value only if they are based on a real project, otherwise their value is zero.

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
CryptoCY3366

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:59:03 PM

When you have predominately one coin that is being used as a trading pair don't you think when that coin loses value so will the others, makes sense to me I don't no why so many people ask this stupid question....

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1760267
DeepOnion - Tor Integrated - 100% Anonymous
===> Join DeepOnion Team NOW! <===
Jake_Shannen (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:21:09 AM

The value comes from demand, if there is a huge demand for a coin and since most of these coins are not minable with fixed token supply, so as the demand for this coin increases the price also increases
With the fact that the value comes from their demand, I completely agree with you. But about the need for most projects, I can not agree. There are projects that do not understand what they are for.

Well then who demands for bitcoins??? This necessarily means that companies accepts bitcoin as an exchange for a product or service. So initially these companies must've had or bought bitcoins using conventional currency for it to really be valuable not just by being demanded or by being accepted. Cheesy Same thing goes for alt coins, it is widely accepted because it gains value through bitcoin,

█▐  REVIZOR 》 CLEARS THE FAILED ICO AND COINS  ▬
▬ █|  pre-ICO: Jan, 27 - ICO: Mar, 3  |█ ▬ (https://revizor-coin.io/)
Barnyard

Activity: 190
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:00:43 AM

Coins gain value if they have an intrinsic utility. Things like Monero have unique features that aren't seen on bitcoin (such as anonymity in monero's example).
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:01:38 AM

It gains value depends on the technology they want to contribute. If the idea is unique, easily to understand and it will impact our lives in the future, this altcoin will gain a good value in the present and even in the future.
Nicol3

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:06:16 AM

I think most altcoins are dependent on bitcoin that's why it usually is affected whenever bitcoins price goes down, mostly goes down with it as well. And mostly these altcoins gain value whenever the coin has something to contribute in the community or if people think it can be applied or used in our normal lives.

AzureDragon

Activity: 244
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:14:54 AM

Most of altcoins gain their value due to the fact that almost all markets trade it using BTC. That's why drop in BTC affects on the value of altocins.
LeoEspansq

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:20:48 AM

All coins are based on the blokchain system, and as we see the dependence with the change of bitcoin, the founder of this system, most of the altcoins also change. Some of course have already become self-sustaining and are not subject to such changes, it is to such coins and you need to bet.
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:25:24 AM

Bitcoin is the highway, all other alts are the roads.
^a pretty good analogy

As of now, most of the bitcoin derived altcoins are based upon stupid idea for which the developers and founders of that coin think their coin have potential while actually, in most of the cases their coin is nothing more than way for the higher ups to gain a quick buck. I would never understand how some people invest in something so stupid, some people are really gullible.

globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:28:09 AM

Bitcoin is no doubt the foundation and bedrock for the cryptospace, hence got strong connection with all the cryptocurrencies. However, each coin is as independent as possible but all depend on the blockchain. This is why whatever happens in the chain affects the whole market and Bitcoin is the number 1 influencer of the blockchain economy.
feny.blackpink

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:28:21 AM

altcoin is alternate coins aside bitcoin.
because bitcoin was created first, then bitcoin will be bitcoin.
any other coin after bitcoin is altcoins.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2146

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 06:31:45 AM

Alternate coins usually have different properties from bitcoin, for example XMR privacy, ETH dapps, SIA storage.. etc etc
It solves different problem than bitcoin does
But IMO altcoin will always "pegged" to bitcoin because majority of exchange pair altcoin with BTC

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████