Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:31:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads  (Read 651 times)
Rus3001

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:41:35 PM

I hope Twitter doesn't follow suit.  Not all ICO's are bad and i believe banning ICO ads doesn't affect ICOs promotions.
Kakabawa19471947

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:44:13 PM

I thought Facebook already baned it, but im still getting crypto adds on facebook, i think they need better AI systems having said that most ICOs are raising funds VC style or through Wales in presales and they not even coming to public sale
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:46:21 PM

It is nothing new. Since Facebook ban crypto advertisements, Instagram which share the same advertising platform will follow suit. I don’t see it as a bad news. There are too many “money making” kind of advertisements which is not good for crypto image.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:48:04 PM

Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked
Yeah, just heard this news from my friend, only twitter left right now and i hope they won't ban it aswell. Not all ico is bad, some of them is really good but i agree that a lot of ico right now is a pure cash grab with misleading information sometimes so it's not weird if a normal people get scammed and have to report it. It's their decision and i respect that, they can't take risk of getting investigated by police because they are spreading scam ads on their platform.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
LeroyBro

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:49:56 PM

I hope Twitter doesn't follow suit.  Not all ICO's are bad and i believe banning ICO ads doesn't affect ICOs promotions.

Still, better safe than sorry. Most ICOs happen to be scammy so I understand why they're doing it.

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:52:56 PM

As someone already mentioned, Instagram is property of Facebook so this should not surprise anyone. Pretty sad that Zuckerberg pulled the move the way he did. Although many ICOs advertising on Facebook were scams, this ruins legitimate companies chance to advertise on there.
coinmgnet

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:54:02 PM

Instagram bans ICO and crypto ads! Following Facebook, it has forbidden everybody to place on its site any information which referrers to ICO projects. You will not see any news about it there.

Your position?  Shocked
Facebook did that too. They lost some good amount of revenue though. We must admit, ICOs are risky, there are a lot of stupid ads on Facebook with plenty scam ICOs. That's for the best, but still.
coinmgnet

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:55:41 PM

As someone already mentioned, Instagram is property of Facebook so this should not surprise anyone. Pretty sad that Zuckerberg pulled the move the way he did. Although many ICOs advertising on Facebook were scams, this ruins legitimate companies chance to advertise on there.

Indeed, it ruins the legit ICOs chance to advertise there, but, look at the bright side, they will consider more and more advertising on BitcoinTalk, via Bounty Campaigns and banner ads on the forum.
AIRDROPSQUAD

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:14:26 PM

That is make sense. Because Facebook and Instagram are the same owner. So what we have left now for advertising? Only this forum, twitter, and Google Ads. But i believe, we don't need booth. The power of a project does not always depend on advertising media, but from the community itself.

cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:24:04 PM

maybe too many ico ads are spam and a lot of scam ico, instagram prevents and willingly does not benefit from advertising for the sake of society do not be fooled by ico built by irresponsible people
Angelia46

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:29:24 PM

Sets and Facebook have a connection, so when the ICO advertising was banned on Facebook, we see them also banned ICO advertising that is not surprising, as more and more fraud ICO project, I think this need certain rules to limit.

khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:36:24 PM

While there is information about Facebook banned ICO ads I am still getting ads same as always from all kind of ICOs ! To be honest I really do not know what that means . Maybe they have to fulfill there paid Ads before stop accepting new ICO ads . 

About instagram following same policy  if that is true I really do not see any new news since it is totally normal for instagram to follow Facebook policy ! .
madushanperis11

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:00:45 PM

This is an expected response from word recognized social media sites and they also need to maintain their standard and brand name among the top in competitive market of their own. These type of bans are imposed due to some scams and spams. The better side of this is, the new project team will think about this and they will make a good, quality projects so that any medium does not want to stop them.
anjohyx

Activity: 451

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:08:10 PM

is this information correct?, or just an issue?
if true show me where the information came from?
me too , I also don't see any news about instagram bans ICO/Crypto Ads , but it's normal and prevent scam ico advertising everywhere, maybe facebook unbanned ico/crypto ads for 'Verify ICO Project' in the future

overnight54

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:10:30 PM

Hi
insta belongs to facebook. Since facebook banned advertising crypto, it is clear that instagram suffered the same fate. Mark Zuckerberg refused a huge piece of cake. Maybe he wants more, he wants the whole pie? As Durov with telegram, probably Mark also wants to launch his ICO, raise 20-30 billion and live forever))
vanduonghd

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:34:23 PM

It's similar to what governments are doing. They don't want to ban crypto, they want it regulated. Regulation takes time, so the initial position is to ban everything until such time as there is sufficient oversight, then cryptos will be allowed again. They even say this 'policy is intentionally broad'. Give it time, the scams will be blocked and legitimate projects will be permitted.
bithuner

Activity: 159

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:07:56 PM

I am shocked they did this because it is quick easy money for them. But I am happy the fact that I will see less spammy adverts from ICOs that I am not interested in.

But they are only banning paid adverts, the groups and bounties will stay there so I don't think it will have a huge impact on ICOs.
MaiQwaN

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:23:54 PM

Currently, Instagram is not an important place for spreading the ideas of the crypto community. Everyone wants to see pictures only and do not receive text information.
photo123

Activity: 198

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:28:07 PM

Your position?  Shocked
of course they did you know why because i believe they are making a currency of their own and trying to get in the door like other multi national companies i believe this is a marketing strategy
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:07:00 PM

Youtube needs to do the same:

Over the last 12 months, Altucher spent an estimated $2.7million on promoting almost 2,000 ads:

https://twitter.com/JaneLytv/status/954414362885853185

Bitcoin, litecoin, ethereum are protocols, they don't do advertising.

Scammers do.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: