Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:46:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit system is not working, failed!  (Read 2615 times)
padcoin (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:29:45 PM

The merit system is not working, look the merit points of people on the forum, it does not move (even for the more relevant posts), the forum established a system which was suppose to penalize newcomers flooding the forum with useless post, but the forum penalize itself, good luck everybody, If you think people will give you merit points for free you are mistaken.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LuckySarah

Activity: 88
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:37:04 PM
Merited by mprep (1), aoluain (1)

With all that Merit stuff whining go there: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=24.0

The merit system is not working, look the merit points of people on the forum, it does not move (even for the more relevant posts)

Too early to say that, sweetie. Some people are giving merit but, yeah, a little number.

p.s.
If you think people will give you merit points for free you are mistaken.

The whole point of merit is giving somebody merit for quality content, not for free.

Go-go-go, power girls !
mnich

Activity: 420
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:38:05 PM

The merit system is not working, look the merit points of people on the forum, it does not move (even for the more relevant posts), the forum established a system which was suppose to penalize newcomers flooding the forum with useless post, but the forum penalize itself, good luck everybody, If you think people will give you merit points for free you are mistaken.

You aren't right. Look at this stats: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=recent

Almost every minute here in forum is some post rewarded with merit.
boyjackyou

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:46:21 PM

You are right,not all the quality posts are being recognized by most of the people here in forum,the merit system will fail and im sure theymos would do something about this,as he promised he will adjust this when most of the new folks find it hard to get merits.The only good thing about the merit system is,most of the spammers lately are being forced to post quality contents for them to get some merit points.

monalia

Activity: 685
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:48:04 PM

Merit system is useful to this forum. Because many spam users are easily identify this merit system so potential members are rewarded in this forum.
 But I saw many shit post also rewarded in many section they are all punished in soon because moderator is monitored in merits. The future most spam users are identified.

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:53:00 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1), puwaha (1)

We all need to wait, and give the new system some time to settle in. Yes it is frustrating to make what you think are quality posts, but get no merit. I myself have not earned any beyond what I was originally assigned - although this may just mean that my posts are poor quality Smiley

If the system doesn't work as intended, then I'm sure that it will be revised. In general, merit is a great idea, it may or may not need tweaking as time goes on, but we must learn to live with it and try to raise our post quality. If after a few months people have zero merit and can point to a catalogue of evidence of quality posts, then that is better than just complaining after a couple of days, with no evidence.

Also please could this thread be moved to the 'meta' area of the forum? It shouldn't be under the alts section.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:54:56 PM

The merit system is not working, look the merit points of people on the forum, it does not move (even for the more relevant posts), the forum established a system which was suppose to penalize newcomers flooding the forum with useless post, but the forum penalize itself, good luck everybody,
Its because you are still a newbie and you don't have Merit and if you don't have a merit you are don't have an ability to send Spendable Merit (Smerit).
Its free if you'll give a good contributing/quality posts in the forum. Just a reminder, don't attempt to buy merits that's not the way you'll earn it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
yesboiasni

Activity: 90
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:04:42 PM

There are a lot of members now on bitcoin talk.
Maybe you have seen users that don't post HQ posts.
The merit system is not that bad.

----------- CHECK SHOPIFY STORES ON SALE ------------------
 -------------   https://www.oklox.com ----------------
padcoin (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:18:54 PM

I understand the goal of the merit system, but just look on this thread how many points do you have, 1? 2?
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:28:56 PM

I don't want to argue with this. Some people are selling their merit points. If only I have sufficient merit points to give every post that is relevant and has some good point, I would give it for free. Besides, it is not meant to be sold. I don't understand why some people are treating it like a business. The merit system could be helpful only if toxic and greedy people did not exist.

tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:33:22 PM
Merited by (1)

the system has just run and is not easy to get optimal results, takes time and process. we all expect the best for this forum and I think this merit system is the best choice. if you have a better idea of ​​this merit system, please give it here, it's better than you criticize without giving a solution.
goncalvopietro

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:35:29 PM

This system should definitely change. Merit points must be given unlimited because nobody wants to give Merit in these conditions.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:38:54 PM

You don't understand how merit works and you created your account 1 week ago, how did you come to this conclusion?
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:41:11 PM
Merited by (1)

The merit system is still new. Give it a chance to prove it whether its positive or negative. Not many people understand how it works so don't expect everyone knows what to do for now. Change is hard to embrace but remember change is inevitible. Change promotes growth. It may be hard since many are still adjusting but in the long run it may be good. I guess the people behind bitcointalk aint that dumb to establish a system that will make itself fail. So let's just trust the devs, buckle up and see where this will lead.

spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:44:46 PM

Complain to theymos.  Roll Eyes
Other than this if you don't like this system you can always go to other forums where you can make nice posts about crypto without signatures or at least payed ones.
Bold part is perfect example of flooding forum with useless posts, you are in wrong forum board buddy.
ProofOfLambo

Activity: 238
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:45:03 PM
Merited by (1)

It is not working for you, and if I am to judge you by this post and the section you have chosen to include it, I am not surprised. If you help the community you will get merit. Else...
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:47:27 PM

I think theymos would consider adjusting the merit system. If it continues this way (getting 1 merit here and there), it would take a long time to rank up.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:49:51 PM

I think theymos would consider adjusting the merit system. If it continues this way (getting 1 merit here and there), it would take a long time to rank up.

I think so as well, but for now we just need to give it a try and see how things evolve.
nytstalker

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:54:34 PM

Indeed merit system is not working at all. We can go back to the old system and all of us will satisfied.
cryptopussies

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:56:33 PM

Most of the people will say it sucks but few of the people here like me that just want to have more knowledge or to learn more about cryptocurrencies would say it is effective,from the past few weeks most of the spammers in the forum has lie low ,most of the shitposter who are posting nonsense from the past doesnt post anymore and for me merit is very effective.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: