Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:08:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit system is not working, failed!  (Read 2617 times)
lovela

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 03:22:18 PM

The merit system is not working, look the merit points of people on the forum, it does not move (even for the more relevant posts), the forum established a system which was suppose to penalize newcomers flooding the forum with useless post, but the forum penalize itself, good luck everybody, If you think people will give you merit points for free you are mistaken.

For some members that are already reached higher ranks then they're not affected by merit system but for those who want to earn tokens and coins through signature bounty campaigns - merit system is not a good idea.
They said that merit system is the tool to eliminate spams and flooding of posts and comments but the intension is very clear. The only members who could join and earn tokens and coins are the higher ranks like Full Members up to Legendaries.
In my personal experience, I really don't care whether those comments are in good qualities and impressive but it doesn't mean they'll earn my sMerit because I don't want to waste my sMerits I would rather send it to my alternative accounts because I'm sure it could help to increase the rank rather than helping to increase other members ranks whom I personally don't know.

____________________A I T H E O N____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
█ ██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██ █
lovela

Activity: 126

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 03:33:10 PM

I agree with most of the comments. there are a lot of member now in this forum. The best way to monitor good standing members that those who create quality post is really putting merit/s. This will really help create a much better platform.

Now, you'll see a lot of accounts that were stuck on having 10, 100, 250 and 1000 and they're barely moving. Why? Because indeed nobody cares on judging whether the comment is quality or not.
In my personal opinion, I would never give to anyone whom I don't know my sMerits because I would rather share it to my alternative accounts than giving it to other members.
Even if you consider your posts or comments having a good quality but still nobody cares. There's thousands of posts happening in a single minute in this forum but I know less than half of hundred of sMerits are given between accounts. And most of them are alternate accounts.

____________________A I T H E O N____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
█ ██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██ █
gadgetsan

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 03:38:16 PM

The merit system got long way to be successdul, because we need more sources to generate them so people will receive more and more merits in future. So in ~ 1 year all will be ok.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:38:47 PM

I don't think there is a problem with the merit system, but a problem with those giving them out. Perhaps it is not being clicked enough or users are still not aware of how things work. Not everyone logs in everyday, and if you were off for a few weeks then the announcement would have been missed completely. Give it some time and lets see how it pans out

CisColtz

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:39:20 PM

It will take time for Merit System to work as it should be. Don't cry for merits and try to make quality posts. What can I be agreed with , is that we need a special Thread when people really give Merit points to others because until now , most of us don't want to spend the merit so I think something that forces us to use Merits is a must.
Fakayode1

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:43:41 PM

The merit system is not working, look the merit points of people on the forum, it does not move (even for the more relevant posts), the forum established a system which was suppose to penalize newcomers flooding the forum with useless post, but the forum penalize itself, good luck everybody, If you think people will give you merit points for free you are mistaken.
Truth be told it doesn't seems this system will work nobody is giving out their merit even if you make good post merit is a scarce commodity on the bitcointalk forum.
Marioboro

Activity: 243

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:43:59 PM

I suggest implementing a demerit system instead. Where in we can report spam and shit posts. After a certain number is hit, then that user will be banned for a certain time period.
GFE

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:11:45 PM

I think it works fine. It is really a lot of spam at the forum. Yeah, it is hard to get merit but you should try if you want new rank

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:31:03 AM

I admit that at the beginning I was very upset with the new system, in just two weeks I expected to be promoted as Full Member, now I have to earn it hardly. It seemed to me impossible. But I saw that I'v earned some merits, so it's achievable.
May be it will need more time, but this will make the rank more precious.
And at least will have lot less shitposts, the situation was really bad.

So, it's too early to judge, and probably the system will need some corrections, but we are moving in the right direction.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
hritevanz

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:17:09 PM

To be honest, I am disappointed with the new system because I've been waiting for only 1 week in order to rank up this account. However, when I saw in the requirements that merit should be earned in order to rank, I was so shocked because there are lots of new in this forum. Just like what others said, it will move in a right direction because shit or nonsense posts will be less because of the new strict system and I'm doing my best to make a constructive and useful post so I'll earn merit in the future.
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:44:05 PM

Merit system is useful to this forum. Because many spam users are easily identify this merit system so potential members are rewarded in this forum.
 But I saw many shit post also rewarded in many section they are all punished in soon because moderator is monitored in merits. The future most spam users are identified.

Some of us still have to do more in our content and punctuations. Making good post is not just tied to talking about bitcoin and cryptos but it encompasses following the rules of English writing.

About the merit system, it could achieve its merit if there are adjustment from the modes otherwise, some good posters will remain in their position because they are not favoured .
selenophile

Activity: 244

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:52:08 PM

why the forum penalize itself? merit is just for the ranking. you don't need rank if you're here for the information only. even if you are a bounty hunters newbie and jr member doesn't know about it so i think if you are a newbie or jr member and you know about the bounty campaign i guess you are an alt account of somebody.

disam

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:57:58 PM

maybe the merit system is not working at the moment, but it will start performing as this forum will surely grow and grow. It is good to have a system as merit one which will help ranking members for posting quality articles and comments. Not just farming accounts.
jashley

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:00:32 PM

Chill everyone I guess they are experimenting also let us wait. Don't judge them quickly I know they will adjust anything after their testing phase. They just want to erase all the spammers here at forums because it's for the sake of everyone here. Let's us wait guys and give them credit also for always giving their best just to helps us.

GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE                               
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
╚               ▶ Twitter         ▶ Facebook         ▶ Youtube         ▶ WHhitepaper               ╝
AgatioX

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:02:01 PM

I think that merit system isnt working.
It would be ok at least to cut requirements for promotion in half.

asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:08:14 PM

I think that merit system isnt working.
It would be ok at least to cut requirements for promotion in half.

maybe in the next future admins will change things... if they realize that it is too hard become hero or legendary they will change something..
mugawanti

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:08:38 PM

I see many complain about this merit system but I think there is a new progress for this bitcointalk forum so we will find many more great projects for the future.
and spam systems will be useless.
AiwonOleh

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:15:02 PM

The idea to appreciate the worthy posts I like but people are too greedy and do not want to just give away these points, the sale of their coins begins, and I think that's not right
DanielRR1997

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:30:57 PM

This system closely resembles other forums and rewards those who make useful posts. But I think it will not work out that only half of the Merit you get turn sMerit. A section like ours that for now does not have anyone with the ability to generate sMerits and it can be difficult for someone to achieve this privilege (and few people will probably), it may be that one hour the system becomes saturated and it is difficult for someone to have sMerits to donate. There could be a daily or monthly quota of sMerits for distribution, which would increase according to Rank, to avoid Merits trading.
burntheevidence12

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:27:15 PM

System rewards quality comments.But the system does not know people's selfishness  Roll Eyes It is very unlikely to be able to get in the way of merit friendship.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: