Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:19:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit system is not working, failed!  (Read 2623 times)
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:38:26 AM

The merit system for me is working it helps people here in the forum to improve their posts cause nowadays people post here in the forum just because they're in a campaign to reach their quota but with the new merit system most post here in the forum has quality now although merit system has some disadvantages but i think they will have a solution for it since merit system just started.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 03:31:51 AM
Merited by Foxpup (1), The Sceptical Chymist (1)

Im so sick of people who got their merit for free, talking about how its perfect! There are a lot of us who got trown under a train just because we got here a week or a month later! But 99% of you who talk how its good and bla bla bla didnt have to post anything else but bounties and you got full bags of merit for free and now preach us about constructive posts!!!

Hey bozo, you want to talk about my FIVE years of constructive posts, helping build bitcoin and the community?

I deserve what I received.  I'll be glad when the merit system finally causes these drains on the forum to go away.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
diatamariono

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:35:01 AM

The merit system is not working, look the merit points of people on the forum, it does not move (even for the more relevant posts), the forum established a system which was suppose to penalize newcomers flooding the forum with useless post, but the forum penalize itself, good luck everybody, If you think people will give you merit points for free you are mistaken.
I think you should be more patient, just like me.
I up 2nd place, and I have not got any merit, I am sure I will be able to get merit, Be patient.
Everything will be perfect in time.
Cryptodiscuss

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:11:16 AM

Im so sick of people who got their merit for free, talking about how its perfect! There are a lot of us who got trown under a train just because we got here a week or a month later! But 99% of you who talk how its good and bla bla bla didnt have to post anything else but bounties and you got full bags of merit for free and now preach us about constructive posts!!!

Hey bozo, you want to talk about my FIVE years of constructive posts, helping build bitcoin and the community?

I deserve what I received.  I'll be glad when the merit system finally causes these drains on the forum to go away.

I sad 99% and I dont know why did you find yourself in that number?!?!?! Yea like forum is full of legendery membes  who contribute comunity...
waqasniaz007

Activity: 406
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:18:28 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 05:28:53 PM by waqasniaz007
Merited by Cnut237 (1)

I had 238 activities when merit system was imposed and i only needed two activities to become Sr.Member. It was my bad luck but i am trying hard to improve my post quality.
sunkat

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 05:25:41 AM

Jr. Member is the highest rank I can reach in bitcointalk forum, thanks to merit system. Bravo!

HYDAX GRID TRADING ⎈ BOUNTY
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange ⎈ OTC ⎈ Contract ⎈ Listing ⎈ Affiliate

akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:38:44 AM

I have been observed the merit is transferred only by and to Hero and Legendry members. I think merit system is not working for what it was introduced. Only the rank is not upgrading but the posts are as usual.
diemquy057

Activity: 96

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:04:43 AM

It's is not fair at it's beginning, but admin have to start from somewhere. He have no choice. Please stop crying, complaining about this.
I would like to emphasize that merit system has shown and will have strongly positive impacts on all rank of users in the forum.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 09:44:12 AM

I have been observed the merit is transferred only by and to Hero and Legendry members. I think merit system is not working for what it was introduced. Only the rank is not upgrading but the posts are as usual.

The tech boards seem to be a lot cleaner, and that's a great help to me. I guess that means that Merit is starting to have a beneficial impact.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
krishnaverma
hacker

Activity: 1330
Merit: 106

Available for rent

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:57:59 AM

Jr. Member is the highest rank I can reach in bitcointalk forum, thanks to merit system. Bravo!

Why do you want to get higher rank ? If this for participating in signature campaigns, you will have very hard time competing with other deserving candidates with this attitude. If you want to get a privilege associated with higher rank, work for it.

Signature available for rent
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2352
Merit: 837

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 11:19:29 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 11:33:34 AM by tbct_mt2

~
I dont want to go to serious argument, but you are missing some important points.

First of all, merit system is too young, therefore need more time to operate more smoothly (might have minor adjustments like this one "Design of merit points' statistics for each users (drop-down list proposed)"). All things have to began somewhere, merit system too. I believe that Theymos had put lots of attempts, huge amount of time to think about the system before launching it. I cannot refuse the fact that at its launch, merits system is a unfair one. It is due to time-to-rank-up lags between users. Someone fell behind their ranking-up-time some hours, others fell behind some days, etc. Theymos could not and will never satisfy all users in the forum.

Merit system might be succeeded, might be failed, but it has changed and will change the forum forever. I strongly believe it will bring positive changes to the forum.

Secondly, please stop complaining, crying, moaning around the forum by threads, your own shitty topics. You have only two options: (1) Accept new rules of merit system, and improve yourself to adapt. (2) Leave the forum forever. If you keep doing this, someone will spot/ tag you with your shitty posts/ topics. Hence, your account will be definitely banned (temporary/ permanently) in the future.

Accept new rules and be helpful!

Good luck.
Risktaker31

Activity: 420
Merit: 134

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:36:26 AM

The merit system is in the experimental phase and I think dev and moderators are keeping an eye on it and looking for some exploit in this new system that they established. As  I see its pretty biased on those who are a higher rank than those on the lower rank, the gap in the merit can give and the merit you can get is extremely high and it'll be harder to get merits than you wait for your activity.
TDkku

Activity: 132
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:14:29 PM

i can feel you its really hard for us new in this forum to get merit but i think this is gonna be good for the forum i think the idea of this merit system is to change its focus instead of activity. we know its really easy to have an activity there's too many topic that you can easily reply  you can even create a few accounts then make them reply 1 per day in any topic then they will rank up easily its only gonna take a months tadda you have few accounts that is is the same rank..
i think merit system gonna prevent the multiple account per person . it will change the focus instead to one account to post a high quality stuff
lets wait for a few months merit is too young to say that its not working  Wink
iconzi

Activity: 207
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:23:31 PM

The merit system is in the experimental phase and I think dev and moderators are keeping an eye on it and looking for some exploit in this new system that they established. As  I see its pretty biased on those who are a higher rank than those on the lower rank, the gap in the merit can give and the merit you can get is extremely high and it'll be harder to get merits than you wait for your activity.

I agree with you. Besides why do everyone needs merits for?  Just share your thoughts, do productive replies. and why care about your Rank in Forum?  is it all about business?

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 12:37:05 PM

I agree with you. Besides why do everyone needs merits for?  Just share your thoughts, do productive replies. and why care about your Rank in Forum?  is it all about business?

Merits aren't just about removing a barrier to promotion. They can help members to determine which of their posts are approved or wanted by other members. If a topic doesn't get any merits or responses, then you should probably drop thst topic imho.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
sarmrakib

Activity: 1292
Merit: 101

Vave.com

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:08:21 PM

This system should definitely change. Merit points must be given unlimited because nobody wants to give Merit in these conditions.

I don't think so. If there is unlimited merit then it will be use badly. And the forum post will be worthless. So its perfect way to make forum as a good platform. If you will have something to write quality then you will have merit points.

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:49:31 PM

I had 238 activities when merit system was imposed and i only needed to activities to become Sr.Member. It was my bad luck but i am trying hard to improve my post quality.

This is the kind of positive attitude that we need! We must all work hard to post helpful, informative and insightful content. It will benefit us all in the end, and we will all distribute and receive merit accordingly.

Yes there may be a few teething problems along the way, but merit is a good addition to the forum, and I think any issues will be ironed out as we progress.

Boybob

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:32:05 PM

i can feel you its really hard for us new in this forum to get merit but i think this is gonna be good for the forum i think the idea of this merit system is to change its focus instead of activity. we know its really easy to have an activity there's too many topic that you can easily reply  you can even create a few accounts then make them reply 1 per day in any topic then they will rank up easily its only gonna take a months tadda you have few accounts that is is the same rank..
i think merit system gonna prevent the multiple account per person . it will change the focus instead to one account to post a high quality stuff
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:43:30 PM

That is the reason for the merit system that many say is a big step to make the Bitcoin forum even better. As you said that now we all already feel some major changes, one of which is the reduction of activity of spammers and also scammers. In fact everyone at this time will be very difficult to be able to have multiple accounts. Merit has limited some of the risky things that can happen, this is a very helpful thing and I think people who can contribute to this forum will be able to get the appropriate appreciation.

This is an option and I think merit system is the best solution right now, a solution will produce something much better than before. If we have an opinion maybe we can send a pm to the administrator and we discussed it together. The most important thing is our goal is to make things better than ever before. So do the best and we must follow all the rules and regulations that already exist.
Crytptohack

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

HodL!

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 03:51:06 PM

I think the merit system can be a deterrent/obstacle for some of the newer members, especially if they have contributed solid posts and have taken the time to produce quality replies and have received 0 merit.
We would all like to become a full member to participate with the bounties for a chance to accumulate a few coins. (Who knows if they will be worth anything...)

I started here a little before the merit system and it was implemented right when I became a Jr member. I feel that I've made some solid posts, but with 0 merit, it appears that people are hesitant to give the first one to someone that is new???  

If a full member or above has a few minutes to check out a few my previous posts I would be grateful to hear feedback. (decent, good, bad???)  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: