Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:43:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC2] Bitcoin 2, BTC Fork 1:1, PoS 🔥 Anonymous ⚡️Instant TX  (Read 92545 times)
toyo87

Activity: 738
Merit: 100

Follow on Twitter @realToyoTheo

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:44:01 PM

How to get BTC2?

🧬⛓Blockchain ENTHUSIAST and EVANGELIST🎊. Crypto Investor💻, Miner🧰, Trader👨‍💻. Project Ambassadors👨‍💼, Community Manager👥, Blogger🥳 & MORE.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 04:11:42 PM

My wallet stop syncing again for almost 10hrs, is there a problem again with the nodes? @jacklezz hope you put some updates. Thanks
jackleszz (OP)

Activity: 913
Merit: 25

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 05:38:31 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2018, 05:49:21 PM by jackleszz

My wallet stop syncing again for almost 10hrs, is there a problem again with the nodes? @jacklezz hope you put some updates. Thanks

No, the nodes are running just fine, you perhaps got disconnected from most and are unable to find some peers automatically due to the DNS seeder not being online yet. Are you connected to any peers? Has your node banned peers?
Try to restart the wallet. (And optionally delete Peers.dat first)

If you're having problems and this seems like a hassle, you can safely just wait and keep the wallet offline if you want until we announce that the DNS seeder is online.

█████████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ████████████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 05:53:18 PM

How to get BTC2?

If you didn't hold any Bitcoins on February 5, you can wait for an exchange listing and be informed by signing up to the newsletter at www.bitc2.org.

Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:31:01 AM

Even Bitcoin Cash has no identity of their dev team, here's their website statement about their dev team..

"Which Development Team is In Charge of Bitcoin Cash?

Unlike the previous situation in Bitcoin, there is no one single development team for Bitcoin Cash. There are now multiple independent teams of developers.

This decentralization of development (and decentralization of software implementations) is a much needed and important step forward."

Source: https://www.bitcoincash.org/
Okay, that's why I included the question if it is normal that the team stays in shadow. Thank you for clarifying by the way. I expect a lot in this project, I hope for the betterment of the whole team as well as the project.
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 05:29:43 AM

< ... >
How many weeks left till the end of Bitcoin2 signature campaign, jacklezz?
I would like to join the campaign if it will last more than one month.
Thanks for your time, jacklezz.

Until June 28 so yes, more than a month. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2962973.0

john1010

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 12:36:01 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2018, 12:49:39 AM by john1010

No, the nodes are running just fine, you perhaps got disconnected from most and are unable to find some peers automatically due to the DNS seeder not being online yet. Are you connected to any peers? Has your node banned peers?

If you're having problems and this seems like a hassle, you can safely just wait and keep the wallet offline if you want until we announce that the DNS seeder is online.

I have only one peer, but my minting indicator turned gray again, but some weird thing happen in my wallet, I saw it again this morning that I got some stake even my minting indicator are gray.
ekoja

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:58:43 AM

I have only one peer, but my minting indicator turned gray again, but some weird thing happen in my wallet, I saw it again this morning that I got some stake even my minting indicator are gray.

The only one peer is not enough for effectively minting. I had the same problem some days ago. With 1-2 peers, I can mint but most of them are only orphan blocks.
Try to add your peers.
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 03:06:56 AM

The only one peer is not enough for effectively minting. I had the same problem some days ago. With 1-2 peers, I can mint but most of them are only orphan blocks.
Try to add your peers.

Sometimes you are staking even though the indicator is grey. (As in within one minute some of the time it will be green and some of the time it might be grey if you are staking.) The indicator is not constantly updated, it is not always real-time.  Don't read into that too much, unless it is always grey.

A further tip:
Also if Last block Time in Tools - Information is not within the last 10 minutes, restarting the wallet will usually fix you having fallen behind.

Heidim

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 04:35:16 PM

Staking not going so well anymore 1.8 btc2 in 4 days and 7.2 orphans in 4 days.... jackleszz please help. I've tried different internet connections, I always only get 4 - 5 peers. Tried to split my coins to 2 different wallets on two different pc's with 2 different internet connections no change. PLEASE HELP ME  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 06:30:16 PM

Staking not going so well anymore 1.8 btc2 in 4 days and 7.2 orphans in 4 days.... jackleszz please help. I've tried different internet connections, I always only get 4 - 5 peers. Tried to split my coins to 2 different wallets on two different pc's with 2 different internet connections no change. PLEASE HELP ME  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin

Even if you had a perfect setup, with incoming connections enabled and a dedicated IP address and connected to almost all of the peers you would still make orphans every now and then, but just less so.

One thing that has an effect, is if you try to make sure that your computer's system clock is as accurate as possible. (Check time now in google for example)
- it may not make much of a difference unless your system clock is off by more than 15 seconds.

If you're unable to enable the proper port forwarding on your router to get more peers, you could try to contact your ISP for help to enable incoming connections for Bitcoin (port 8333, which would also enable them for Bitcoin 2) or use Amazon AWS or a VPN for staking, which allow incoming connections and have a proper dedicated IP address.
Then you can sort of set it and forget it, without having to keep your personal computer running. However it is not easy if you have no server admin experience.

Stiveslash

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:19:24 AM

Hello everyone, today I installed a wallet in the Amazon cloud. There are more connections, but only outgoing ones.
What can I do to have more inbound?
And the wallet was synchronized for less than 5 minutes.

jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 11:57:37 AM

Hello everyone, today I installed a wallet in the Amazon cloud. There are more connections, but only outgoing ones.

You need to configure the firewall to open TCP and UDP port 8333 at the Security Groups - Inbound - Edit.
And preferably configure Elastic IP for that node so that your AWS node's IP stays the same.

Did you mean that the wallet synchronized in less than 5 minutes or that it stopped being synchronized so fast?

Stiveslash

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:41:58 PM

You need to configure the firewall to open TCP and UDP port 8333 at the Security Groups - Inbound - Edit.
And preferably configure Elastic IP for that node so that your AWS node's IP stays the same.

Did you mean that the wallet synchronized in less than 5 minutes or that it stopped being synchronized so fast?

I changed the firewall settings, but the number of connections has not changed.
What should be the Elastic IP?
The wallet was fully synchronized for less than 5 minutes.

jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 03:57:45 PM

Try to restart the wallet.
Elastic IP is in the amazon settings and they have documentation about it.
So you mean that your wallet is not synced anymore?

Stiveslash

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:17:55 PM

Try to restart the wallet.
Elastic IP is in the amazon settings and they have documentation about it.
So you mean that your wallet is not synced anymore?
Thank you Dev, I will study Elastic IP.
I mean the wallet was quickly synchronized.

john1010

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 07:43:05 AM

I figure out as I observed, in 24hrs my wallet is running I got orphan most of the time, But if i saw it, I restarted my wallet at least twice, I don't know if this part of the wallet bug, but when my wallet got minted again after I restarted twice, I noticed that they converted the orphan to a valid minted coin.. I don't don't know why.. I hope @jacklezz will explain this.
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 09:18:13 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2018, 04:47:31 AM by jackleszz

I figure out as I observed, in 24hrs my wallet is running I got orphan most of the time, But if i saw it, I restarted my wallet at least twice, I don't know if this part of the wallet bug, but when my wallet got minted again after I restarted twice, I noticed that they converted the orphan to a valid minted coin.. I don't don't know why.. I hope @jacklezz will explain this.

You don't have to restart the wallet every time you see an orphan block. Only if Tools - Info - Last block time is more than 10 minutes in the past.

Sometimes there are a couple of competing chains trying to become the main, longest chain. Once nodes are better connected (thanks to DNS seeder for example, which was just put up online today on May 25) this thing will probably happen much less. If your block ends up being in the longest chain, then you get the reward.
We did notice that the core wallet software we forked from doesn't handle the situation perfectly automatically, and we inherited that issue but it is not that hard to solve in an upcoming version. Our goal is that you won't have to monitor it at all.

john1010

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 01:25:49 AM

You don't have to restart the wallet every time you see an orphan block. Only if Tools - Info - Last block time is more than 10 minutes in the past.

Sometimes there are a couple of competing chains trying to become the main, longest chain. Once nodes are better connected (thanks to DNS seeder for example) this thing will probably happen much less. If your block ends up being in the longest chain, then you get the reward.
We did notice that the core wallet software we forked from doesn't handle the situation perfectly automatically, and we inherited that issue but it is not that hard to solve in an upcoming version. Our goal is that you won't have to monitor it at all.

Thanks jacklezz for your well explain info, As of 2 days from now seems that my wallet hard to find block, for morethan 24hrs I got only 1 minted since May 23.. By the way I synced my timezone to internet.time in windows 10 but it seems that it never help..
john1010

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 08:23:18 AM

The latest Facebook post will surely captured most of the Bitcoin enthusiast people, If they saw the difference of this fork, they will surely love it and invest for it.. Good luck to the team!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: