Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:13:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC2] Bitcoin 2, BTC Fork 1:1, PoS 🔥 Anonymous ⚡️Instant TX  (Read 92546 times)
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:45:02 AM

The latest Facebook post will surely captured most of the Bitcoin enthusiast people, If they saw the difference of this fork, they will surely love it and invest for it.. Good luck to the team!!

Just forward the post on Facebook here:
"The on-going #BitcoinGold 51+% attack that lets the attacker double spend is a great example of why #Proofofstake is safer than #proofofwork for crypto currencies that don't yet have mass adoption. #Ethereum and #Bitcoin are safe as they are.
The first DNS seeder of #Bitcoin2 became active today and so new nodes will have an easier time finding more peers."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stiveslash

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:32:47 AM

Hello everyone, today I installed a wallet in the Amazon cloud. There are more connections, but only outgoing ones.
What can I do to have more inbound?
And the wallet was synchronized for less than 5 minutes.

You need to configure the firewall to open TCP and UDP port 8333 at the Security Groups - Inbound - Edit.
And preferably configure Elastic IP for that node so that your AWS node's IP stays the same.

Did you mean that the wallet synchronized in less than 5 minutes or that it stopped being synchronized so fast?

I changed the firewall settings, but the number of connections has not changed.
What should be the Elastic IP?
The wallet was fully synchronized for less than 5 minutes.

Try to restart the wallet.
Elastic IP is in the amazon settings and they have documentation about it.
So you mean that your wallet is not synced anymore?
Thank you Dev, I will study Elastic IP.
I mean the wallet was quickly synchronized.
I made a connection with an elastic IP, but the number of connections was not named.
Elastic IP can not be done, if you create this instance with true(not false) IP - written in the Amazon manual.

█████████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ████████████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
jackleszz (OP)

Activity: 913
Merit: 25

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 08:57:38 AM

Hello everyone, today I installed a wallet in the Amazon cloud. There are more connections, but only outgoing ones.
What can I do to have more inbound?
And the wallet was synchronized for less than 5 minutes.

You need to configure the firewall to open TCP and UDP port 8333 at the Security Groups - Inbound - Edit.
And preferably configure Elastic IP for that node so that your AWS node's IP stays the same.

Did you mean that the wallet synchronized in less than 5 minutes or that it stopped being synchronized so fast?

I changed the firewall settings, but the number of connections has not changed.
What should be the Elastic IP?
The wallet was fully synchronized for less than 5 minutes.

Try to restart the wallet.
Elastic IP is in the amazon settings and they have documentation about it.
So you mean that your wallet is not synced anymore?
Thank you Dev, I will study Elastic IP.
I mean the wallet was quickly synchronized.
I made a connection with an elastic IP, but the number of connections was not named.
Elastic IP can not be done, if you create this instance with true(not false) IP - written in the Amazon manual.

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. I can tell however that the way you're using Amazon AWS is different from how we've used it, we've used just the EC2 (Ubuntu instance) + Elastic IP.

john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 05:10:01 AM

I got 5 stakes yesterday 3 of my minted BTC2 was Orphans, I hope the Dev team will fix the nodes, I only got 3peers even I deleted the peers.dat file on the roaming directory..

As I've said on my previous post, I saw the unusual activity, When I get some minted block I figure out that my orphan minted coin on the other day became valid minted coin.. Is this normal? Well if this thing will always happen, it is favorable for us.  Wink  Wink
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 07:09:41 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 07:03:03 AM by jackleszz

I got 5 stakes yesterday 3 of my minted BTC2 was Orphans, I hope the Dev team will fix the nodes, I only got 3peers even I deleted the peers.dat file on the roaming directory..

As I've said on my previous post, I saw the unusual activity, When I get some minted block I figure out that my orphan minted coin on the other day became valid minted coin.. Is this normal? Well if this thing will always happen, it is favorable for us.  Wink  Wink

Orphans happen on proof of stake more often than in proof of work but it doesn't matter. As soon as your wallet realizes it created an orphan it will resume staking with that same amount as if it never happened. Any transactions that went into an orphan block just go back into the memory pool.

And the smaller the block interval, the more orphans. (if 1 block created per minute like in Bitcoin 2, then orphans are more likely than if just 1 block created per 10 minutes like in Bitcoin).

We could hide the orphans from ever showing on your transactions list like some other wallets do, but then you wouldn't know that you came close to creating a valid block and you wouldn't know that there's something that you might possibly be able to do to get at least a little less orphans. It is best to just not care about the orphans once you've already tried the ways we mentioned earlier that help getting less of them. Also, showing the orphans is a good indicator because if some day you're not getting any orphans and are creating more blocks than normal, in such a case you could be forked and would need to take action to unfork yourself. So having those orphan blocks showing up is helpful.

EDIT: As far as some orphaned block becoming valid a day or more later: Technically it doesn't. That block is a new block that you minted that just happens to have the same staking transaction. (Uses the same UTXO to stake.) Your wallet displays it like that because the orphan block's transaction is still in your wallet. If you zap wallet transactions (Tools - wallet repair - Recover transactions), you would see the correct time stamp (this is optional). Before zapping transactions it's always a good idea to make another backup of the wallet.dat. This is a display-only bug that has no actual negative effects apart from the confusing way that the transaction gets displayed in your wallet's transaction history. Added to the programmers' todo list to fix it.

john1010

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 11:48:31 AM

As I've said on my previous post, I saw the unusual activity, When I get some minted block I figure out that my orphan minted coin on the other day became valid minted coin.. Is this normal? Well if this thing will always happen, it is favorable for us.  Wink  Wink

Orphans happen on proof of stake more often than in proof of work but it doesn't matter. As soon as your wallet realizes it created an orphan it will resume staking with that same amount as if it never happened. Any transactions that went into an orphan block just go back into the memory pool.

And the smaller the block interval, the more orphans. (if 1 block created per minute like in Bitcoin 2, then orphans are more likely than if just 1 block created per 10 minutes like in Bitcoin).

We could hide the orphans from ever showing on your transactions list like some other wallets do, but then you wouldn't know that you came close to creating a valid block and you wouldn't know that there's something that you might possibly be able to do to get at least a little less orphans. It is best to just not care about the orphans once you've already tried the ways we mentioned earlier that help getting less of them. Also, showing the orphans is a good indicator because if some day you're not getting any orphans and are creating more blocks than normal, in such a case you could be forked and would need to take action to unfork yourself. So having those orphan blocks showing up is helpful.

EDIT: As far as some orphaned block becoming valid a day or more later: Technically it doesn't. That block is a new block that you minted that just happens to have the same staking transaction. (Uses the same UTXO to stake.) Your wallet displays it like that because the orphan block's transaction is still in your wallet. If you zap wallet transactions (Tools - wallet repair - Recover transactions), you would see the correct time stamp (this is optional). Before zapping transactions it's always a good idea to make another backup of the wallet.dat. This is a display-only bug that has no actual negative effects apart from the confusing way that the transaction gets displayed in your wallet's transaction history. Added to the programmers' todo list to fix it.

Thanks for a well explanation, now I understand how it works, anyway can you please give us some updates about the roadmap, where we are now? exchanges etc. It would be great if you post some updates about your work..
Thanks
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:34:44 PM

My bitcoin2 balance has been automatically minted and converted into zbtc2? Can I ask what is the use of zBTC2? I felt guilt that I am asking this noobie question. Anyways thank you for the response. Don't be so hard in answering my question.

And also don't forget to update us about the status of your roadmap.
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 02:19:19 PM

My bitcoin2 balance has been automatically minted and converted into zbtc2? Can I ask what is the use of zBTC2? I felt guilt that I am asking this noobie question. Anyways thank you for the response. Don't be so hard in answering my question.

You must mean that a part of it got autominted. You can disable the automint setting in the Settings - Options. The point of zBTC2 is privacy. It is same as the normal BTC2 except that it currently cannot stake (but can in the future), and you can send it truly anonymously whereas the normal BTC2 is no more anonymous than BTC. You can read about it more at: https://bitc2.org/zBTC2-Bitcoin-2-Zerocoin-Protocol

Thanks for a well explanation, now I understand how it works, anyway can you please give us some updates about the roadmap, where we are now? exchanges etc. It would be great if you post some updates about your work..
Thanks

The web-based block explorer will be finished soon. It is practically speaking required to be finished and live before exchange listings and third party wallets. So we may still complete the Q2 goals on-time. Mobile wallets, if they come this quarter, would initially be third party wallets however, such as Coinomi.

john1010

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 04:41:32 AM

You must mean that a part of it got autominted. You can disable the automint setting in the Settings - Options. The point of zBTC2 is privacy. It is same as the normal BTC2 except that it currently cannot stake (but can in the future), and you can send it truly anonymously whereas the normal BTC2 is no more anonymous than BTC. You can read about it more at: https://bitc2.org/zBTC2-Bitcoin-2-Zerocoin-Protocol

Thanks

The web-based block explorer will be finished soon. It is practically speaking required to be finished and live before exchange listings and third party wallets. So we may still complete the Q2 goals on-time. Mobile wallets, if they come this quarter, would initially be third party wallets however, such as Coinomi.
So we are expecting this Q2 for mobile wallet and other 3rd party not only Coinomi but other 3rd party is that right? One more question, is this 3rd party wallet and mobile wallet are POS capable/enabled?
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 04:54:40 AM

Thanks

So we are expecting this Q2 for mobile wallet and other 3rd party not only Coinomi but other 3rd party is that right? One more question, is this 3rd party wallet and mobile wallet are POS capable/enabled?

If there's a third party wallet this quarter, most likely only the first one would have enough time to integrate Bitcoin 2 this quarter. Mobile wallets won't support staking this year due to background processes getting killed and eating up battery and reducing the average quality of the network's nodes. This may change later.

Audi-BMW1988

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:24:36 AM

The team works perfectly to implement and improve the Bitcoin2 project. keep it up!
Ranyar

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

Be kind to each other

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:36:53 AM

Hello there!
Is there any new information on exchanges listing? I can't wait for the first deals to start.
john1010

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 02:22:43 PM

Thanks

If there's a third party wallet this quarter, most likely only the first one would have enough time to integrate Bitcoin 2 this quarter. Mobile wallets won't support staking this year due to background processes getting killed and eating up battery and reducing the average quality of the network's nodes. This may change later.

I see. how about the Coinomi, are they stakes supported? Can we get stake when we put our btc2 in their wallet?
Ranyar

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

Be kind to each other

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:03:45 AM

Hello there!
I want to sell some BTC2 coins. Where i can do it now? Any suggestions? Does anyone buy coins directly in this thread or PM?
nevashno

Merit: 5

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:58:56 AM

your project is getting to success, after the launch of wallet now have been thinking about the market for next week and hopefully all can be realized well
waiting information from bitcoin2
nevashno

Merit: 5

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:59:32 AM

in the list of peers there are only 2 addresses. This is normal?

And what does it mean "Multisend: not active"?
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 02:04:46 PM

in the list of peers there are only 2 addresses. This is normal?

And what does it mean "Multisend: not active"?

At the moment you can get 20+ peers if you enable incoming connections.

If you see only a few peers, it is because your router or firewall blocks incoming connections, as does that of most others. You should see more than 15 if not.
Most home routers have NAT that by default blocks incoming connections initiated by someone else than you. You can usually fix that and start allowing incoming connections with one of two ways:

A) Launch Bitcoin 2 Core, go to Settings - Options. Go to Network. Enable: "Map port using UPnP". Then restart the app. You may also want to read this article: https://dirkmittler.homeip.net/blog/archives/3340

B) Or follow the guide at: https://bitcoin.org/en/full-node#enabling-connections - the steps are exactly the same for Bitcoin 2.

Multisend is an advanced feature that is not useful for most people. You can read more about it by clicking Settings - Multisend.

jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 02:12:47 PM

Thanks

I see. how about the Coinomi, are they stakes supported? Can we get stake when we put our btc2 in their wallet?

I think Coinomi doesn't currently let you stake any of the crypto currencies that it supports.

john1010

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 01:35:00 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2018, 03:03:33 AM by john1010

Thanks

I think Coinomi doesn't currently let you stake any of the crypto currencies that it supports.

Thanks @jacklezz

I can't see any way even in google explaining the Dandelion Protocol that the BTC2 has, Can you please give us the layman's term what dandelion is? or do you have any videos explain how it work.
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 02:13:38 AM

Thanks

Thanks @jacklezz

I can't see any way even in google explaining the Dandelion Protocol that the BTC2 has, Can you please give us the layman's term what is dandelion is? or do you have any videos explain how it work.

BTC2 doesn't have it yet. It's in the road map.

It would prevent blockchain analysis teams from linking BTC2 addresses to IP addresses. Letting those who want privacy to use their normal internet connection instead of Tor or VPN.

You can already achieve total privacy with zBTC2 + VPN or Tor however.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: