Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:48:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin is gone will the other coin survive?  (Read 1710 times)
Wong Kalong

Activity: 377
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:28:26 AM

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins. I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?
If someday Bitcoin disappears, I'm sure other Altcoin will not disappear and will even race to become the first and best coins. Because the death of Bitcoin will make investors switch to Altcoin and Altcoin prices become higher after Bitcoin is lost. I do not know my opinion is wrong or true but I just reveal what is in my mind.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:24:12 PM

Yes other coins will still exist as long as the reason why bitcoin is gone is because of some regulation banning it resulting to a loss on value. If the reason would be some problems in blockchain technology then I think other coins would not survive as well because it is the backbone of cryptocurrency so if there is a problem with it then other coins would be worthless too. If bitcoin alone is ban then the investors would just find another coin to invest in and support.  As long as there is a possibility of making profits then investors and traders would not stop to invest or trade a coin.
No one can give a 100% sure answer. But I think the answer would have been yes a few months or years back but now we have come so advanced in blockchain technology that almost every company is ready to come up with its own cryptocurrency venture using ICO. However, We have already seen that Altcoin follow the trends in Bitcoin. When there is fall in Bitcoin’s prices, the price of Altcoins also fall. Also Bitcoin is the king of crypto market as it was the first cryptocurrency. So there is a slightest of chance that many of the existing coins might just die with death of bitcoin if this happens.
MasterNodes.Cash

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:31:38 PM

All coins are disposable, but blockchain as technology is here to stay. If btc becomes obsolete or dies for whatever reason, other coins which are fundamentally and technologically superior will take its place. This will shake the whole crypto market and cause a year long depression, but the market would recover with a new coin as king.
Moneypham5

Activity: 134

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:31:59 PM

It is true that although bitcoin has great influence on this market, it does not mean that when it disappears the crypto market will disappear along with it. I believe in the blockchain technology platform.
investorck

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:34:46 PM

Bitcoin is the king. The game is over when the king is captured. Hence, the fall of bitcoin will be a corresponding fall of other cryptos.
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:38:22 PM

Of course not. Not everything in the crypto world revolves around the mighty bitcoin. Crypto currency is increasingly entering our life. I think that in 10-15 years they will become the main ones in our world, and the Fiat will disappear. Therefore, even if bitcoin collapses, the crypto world will continue to live and develop.
I like what you are thinking . Crytocurrency has greatly affected the lives of many people and certainly Blockchain technology has not been fully explored. I believe if Bitcoin has collapsed then this technology will still exist and many other coins will have many opportunities to replace that location because I am sure the future Cryptoucrrency will not be heavily dependent on Bitcoin but that is the future.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:09:04 PM

If bitcoin should die this year,  I don't think other coins would survive.  Bitcoin is also a symbol and the confidence people would crash and they would sell all they have. Some coins are much more performant to me. But how can you trust them if the first and the most well know is dead ?

Man, it will NOT happen this year. Bitcoin will not die soon, at least for 4-5 years. Probably, in future, some of the existing cryptocurrencies will try to replace it. I see that Ethereum has the potential to do it.
dimonstration

Activity: 2590
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:21:25 PM

If bitcoin should die this year,  I don't think other coins would survive.  Bitcoin is also a symbol and the confidence people would crash and they would sell all they have. Some coins are much more performant to me. But how can you trust them if the first and the most well know is dead ?

Man, it will NOT happen this year. Bitcoin will not die soon, at least for 4-5 years. Probably, in future, some of the existing cryptocurrencies will try to replace it. I see that Ethereum has the potential to do it.

true as what we see on the market how bitcoin work on to play with not to be this year that bitcoin may ever have to die on cause we see the progress on it that many things may happen in bitcoin and this year is not a year to fail on bitcoin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
shaadsufi

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:23:35 PM

At this time most of the altcoins are relying on bitcoin movement so we can say now that if bitcoin gone altcoins will be gone also but after sometime when market gets stable we will see some better movement from altcoins.
DennisStoff

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:31:12 PM

Bitcoin is the mother of crypto currency world, if the bitcoin gone, absolutely the children will be gone also. Except there was a coin that worth more than bitcoin itself. The best analysis if there was a coin which can be replaced the bitcoin that was ethereum. Because these two crypto are really the true rival.
Genosx

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:35:08 AM

If bitcoin will gone or fade, actually theres a possibility that other coins can survive because it is they a big opportunity to catch up a big time clients or investors
but at the same time the process of it is not easy as you think because the doubt about it, is still there, you should gain a good feedbacks to trust you.
noah tall

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:56:49 AM

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins. I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?
And why should other types of crypto currency disappear if bitcoin disappears? It may be that in this case they will start to develop freely, as the price binding to bitcoin will disappear.
Each coin, especially those that are separated from bitcoin, can exist completely independently. For example, why should ethereum disappear in this case? This coin, in my opinion, can now do without bitcoin. We praise too much bitcoin, which even the function of money can not normally perform.
I think other crypto has nothing to do with bitcoin. All these are currencies and it is individual choice of every one in which currency he wants to invest. If bitcoin disappear other currencies will be there if they are not scam. No doubt the market value will be damage because of the crash of bitcoin but all the cryptos will not finish with the crash of bitcoin.

Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:46:36 AM

Imagine that the USD vanish in  the world what would happen to other currencies?
USD is the main currency of the real world and BTC is the main currency of the crypto world , so I think if that happens all of the altcoin would get dump very hard and very few could survive , The best of the bests.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
HSRP

Activity: 392

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:57:38 PM

It is true that although bitcoin has great influence on this market, it does not mean that when it disappears the crypto market will disappear along with it. I believe in the blockchain technology platform.
The advanced Blockchain technology platform, but now they are developing in many business areas not only in the cryptographic market, so maybe BTC will not exist and if BTC does not exist I think other coin will also can not exist in the market. Because BTC is king in the Crypto market. They decide the survival of the Crypto market.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
auliasilvana

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:19:19 PM

Yes, I agree with you. I also think if Bitcoin is lost, the other coins will not last long and will disappear as well. Because Altcoin just pegged to Bitcoin as king of all coins. So if Bitcoin disappears, the others will also disappear.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:35:48 AM

Yeah you can’t just say these two are independent but you can’t just say they are dependent totally on each other. No, this isn’t the case right now. But yes, in last year, I came to read some article and that was explaining to me that altcoins are inversely proportional to the bitcoins. Whenever bitcoins are up, they were fell down and vice versa. But now, this thing just came to an end.
concept2

Activity: 750
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:58:10 AM

Yes, they wil lstill survive. Bitcoin is the king of crypto but it does not mean that when bitcoin die, the kingdom will fall apart. Bitcoin is only a leader which gather many good soldiers together.  And of course, bitcoin is obsolete. Many other coins are better than bitcoin and I believe once bitcoin fall down, it may give other coins opportunities to grow and replace its throne
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:30:29 AM

IF is a possibility that can happen or will never happen. If you look at cryptocurrency now, altcoin already has a strong stand. Some prices of them are not dependent on the rise and fall of bitcoin prices, but most still follow the direction of the bitcoin market. However I would never dare to say bitcoin will die sometime. Bitcoin is too strong to say that way, old users and new users will keep on rolling if they are aware of the usefulness of bitcoin in the future.
zynan

Activity: 392

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 10:36:01 AM

I don't think altcoin will always rely on bitcoin's popularity. I think it can also stand alone even if bitcoin is dumping hard. Ethereum is a good option now to use if bitcoin will be gone. As a matter of fact in the last few days or months there are some altcoins that hit the market today that's a mark that altcoins can also survive even if bitcoin is crashing.

╔╦═╦════╣◆ TOPEX.IO - ICO & Bounty for Brand New Cryptocurrency Exchange ◆╠════╦═╦╗
╠╬═╬═══╣with loss compensation and profit  distribution between TPX token holders ╠═══╬═╬╣
╚╩═╩═══╩══╣FACEBOOK ✅ ╠═══╣ TWITTER ✅ ╠═══╣TELEGRAM ✅ ╠══╩═══╩═╩╝
Anco_Marzio

Activity: 186

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:42:20 AM

Nobody can know the future. Bitcoin is at the top for now, but it will most likely be replaced by a more sustainable currency.
The real question is "which one?"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: