Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:08:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't look at btc every five minutes  (Read 2374 times)
Dfinest

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:07:47 PM

If you're a long-time holder, monitoring BTC price every single minute is completely unnecessary, even though it's hard to resist at times.Smiley If you're a daytime trader, it makes some sense, but don't go overboard.
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:08:56 PM

When you do trading there is no other choice than to watch the market closely. Otherwise you will miss the small opportunities you get here every day.
But for the holders, especially the long term holders it is really a good advice not to check the price too often. The investment decision was made, and by seeing ups or downs you get always tempted to change your pland. And the changes are usually not so carefully thought through than the investment decision itself.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:11:27 PM

I've been doing that lately too because i don't want to think that bitcoin and cyptos will not recover anymore. Everytime i check on the graph, it seems that time is moving so slow. Smiley So i think it's better to let the day past without looking at the graph at all.

fabianji

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:12:21 PM

Why on earth would you sell any bitcoin? I mean seriously, if you bought any time after mid last year there is no way you should sell any. Bitcoin goes through these cycles, building up momentum and peaking end of the year / beginning of January just to "crash" two or three weeks before Chinese New Year and then pick up again after CNY and outpace the end of year / beginning of January peak. This happens every single year. So never ever sell any BTC in the first half of the year - unless its beginning of January... But between Feb and August its not advisable to sell at all!

coinlib

Activity: 9
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:14:28 PM

I wouldn't suggest looking at BTC every five minutes either, but if you can't help it, the price of Bitcoin on Coinlib is updated in real-time, graphs, too.
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:20:05 PM

This is a mistake a lot of us make. If you track btc every minute you are more prone to panic selling. Btc has a lot of ups and downs, if you are in it long term the short price has little meaning

Yes absolutely the price might change several times during the day, there are some periods when the activity is low, so it do not matter, you should just follow weekly or monthly statistics.

Seetheummerallyeah

Activity: 280
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:20:45 PM

A Bitcoin faucet is a webpage that gives out users a very small amount of Bitcoins every few minutes. This way you can get your first Bitcoins without needing
juiceannabel

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:23:03 PM

if you look at the price every minutes, it will not conclude the big picture of the movement of the crypto market.
instead that, we must look the price at the longer time range.
Abete

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:34:09 PM

if as a buyer and a seller it's normal for you to panic, but if you have an extraordinary level of patience, the results that will get also surely more remarkable. Examples of my personal experience for example, last year I bought bitcoin in June, and at the end of December, I did fantastic things by selling it. But if I'm more patient, and sell it early in January, it's definitely more fantastic.
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:57:10 PM

Why on earth would you sell any bitcoin? I mean seriously, if you bought any time after mid last year there is no way you should sell any. Bitcoin goes through these cycles, building up momentum and peaking end of the year / beginning of January just to "crash" two or three weeks before Chinese New Year and then pick up again after CNY and outpace the end of year / beginning of January peak. This happens every single year. So never ever sell any BTC in the first half of the year - unless its beginning of January... But between Feb and August its not advisable to sell at all!

If you need some quick money? Other than that, some people may hodl to hopefully have a lot of money sometime down the road, some are happy with selling off some of their coins every now and then to increase their income. Everybody has different motivations and one is not necessarily better than the other.

bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:49:23 AM

So true, if a neophytes invest even a small amount of money.He tries to make quick profit in shortest time, and keeps on checking the price.
Maybe we can consider this as a reason for bearish trend.
Even a 1% drop, causes them to panic sell.Inflating the supply, thus dropping the value even more.

If only they could learn to have patience and hodl whatever they own.So that everyone goes in profit(Except the buyers of course XD).
So don't be that fool.Hodl until you make profit!!
Newbies panic for everything but at the same time we must understand them a little, the recent drop in the price of bitcoin was not 1% it was a huge crash, even as a holder and someone with more experience I was still somewhat worried about what was happening, if that happened to me and several other members then it is understandable the newbies were panicking with what was happening and sold their bitcoin for a bad price.
Bkjones

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:54:54 AM

Hey i am Bkjones  Smiley ! Here anyone want quick money , some people hold Bitcoin for alot of money some people in loss because of crashing in Bitcoin value it some are happy . So everyone have many problems.
Saritamo

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:08:53 AM

If you bought bitcoin to keep it for a long time then just do it. Do not make the mistake of looking every 5 minutes. If you are a trader then do not make your mistake do NOT look at every 5 minutes.
Jeremiesaranza

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

EMMARES – Email as you know it, will never be the

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:09:40 AM

This is a mistake a lot of us make. If you track btc every minute you are more prone to panic selling. Btc has a lot of ups and downs, if you are in it long term the short price has little meaning
No,im not checking NYC every  minute just wait and don't into tush or panic because when you are checking it every minute your are in the stage of panic

E M M A R E S  ❍ .... Email as you know it, will never be the same.
EMMARES ICO  |   TELEGRAM  |   REDDIT   |   LINKEDIN   Twitter  | MEDIUM  FACEBOOK 
colmenajose

Activity: 278

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:41:00 AM

I think you do not must be reviewing bitcoin every five minutes, as it will have ups and downs in the time. What must be understood is that it is a very strong cryptocurrency and that in the future it will have a much higher value than the current.
Doni Ariyanto

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:50:59 AM

Yes, it is true. Seeing Bitcoin every minute or every few minutes tends to make us more panicky and sometimes make a decision to sell the bitcoin they have. I see bitcoin only once a day when it is morning.
But I'm sure bitcoin will recover in the next few months.
yana0901

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:23:26 AM

I, for example, invest in investments. But I do not look every five minutes for a profit. it is more interesting to look in a month and see quite different figures
mai2mai

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:30:00 AM

People do this? Really? Nothing to do more? Wink
I watch the price only while trading in 2-3 hours period. If i trade in weeks I have alarms and put orders in advance. If I invest...I just don't care Grin
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:30:58 AM

I think that is good if anyone want to keep itself updated from the price of bitcoin because if they are doing quickly selling and buying then every minute is important for him because price of bitcoin is change after short duration so in 5 minutes price can be up and down so effectively. So keep updated from price is the main job for that type of traders.
bernashka

Activity: 298
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:52:40 AM

Yes, I understand that this is a mistake. But I can not sit still and therefore I constantly keep track of the bitcoin course.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: