Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:57:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **US** BitFury Setup Guide  (Read 53176 times)
jddebug

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:37:20 AM

have a board with only first 4 chips hashing. I think the chips start from bottom left corner and go vertically up (U40, U41, U42, U43) down (U44, U45, U46, U47) ,..., then down the second column and then up, etc. Any tips on how to make the board fully functional. It's okay if chip 5 will not hash.

Okay problem solved. Inferring that the problem chips be disabled as per cscape's suggestion
I cut the SPI traces of 4th and 5th chips using a knife and shorted the jumpers using thin copper wire. Here are the results. The board now uses 14chips for hashing.

https://i.imgur.com/v3HhER8.jpg

I fixed an EOL board by shorting the solder jumpers. no need to cut the traces. Funny, my EOL board with disabled chip is hashing at 25GH/s Smiley

How were you able to tell which chips were bad?

Where's the reference to how to fix the problem?

Thanks.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:43:54 AM

have a board with only first 4 chips hashing. I think the chips start from bottom left corner and go vertically up (U40, U41, U42, U43) down (U44, U45, U46, U47) ,..., then down the second column and then up, etc. Any tips on how to make the board fully functional. It's okay if chip 5 will not hash.

Okay problem solved. Inferring that the problem chips be disabled as per cscape's suggestion
I cut the SPI traces of 4th and 5th chips using a knife and shorted the jumpers using thin copper wire. Here are the results. The board now uses 14chips for hashing.

I fixed an EOL board by shorting the solder jumpers. no need to cut the traces. Funny, my EOL board with disabled chip is hashing at 25GH/s Smiley

Thanks.

Here, it's in the EU thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=250249.860

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
goxed
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:45:15 AM

I tried that, it still didn't solve the issue with my board. That's why I had to cut traces.
BTW what was the initial hashrate of your EOL board?

woobone

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 08:06:05 AM

hi everybody!! got my starter kit today, but ran in to problem during set up so power down, and now the pi have no video out (hdmi) red power light are on, can anybody help please!! never use pi before ((

thanks

You don't need hdmi.  As long as you know or can figure out the IP address you can just SSH to the raspberry pi with a tool like putty should you require command line access, else just web browse to the units IP address.   If its still at the default address, just put your pc on the same subnet and access the default address via SSH

Thanks Lubah!! got the video out working and able to fix Gateway IP, but now have no idea how to reconfigure pool credential via SSH? (I have a macbook pro can i just plug an ethernet cable from my laptop to the router, and use the 192.168.1.249 with a browser??)

thanks

If you have your rPi set to a good ip address for your network then you should be able to plug it into your network and then access it at whatever ip address you set it to.

ie: instead of http://www.google.com in the address bar of your browser you just use the ip address you set the rPi to.

You'll get a webpage that you fill out with your credentials.

still unable via SSH to pool credential(( is there a way i could log in to pool credential from command line access by hook up monitor/keyboard to the Pi???
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 08:35:08 AM

Thanks.

The number of chips that chainminer detects stops at a certain number. that is the last good chip. solder the SJ pads next to the first bad chip (these are the pads connected via traces from the chips).

It was around 15GH/s before.
jddebug

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 08:47:19 AM

Thanks.

The number of chips that chainminer detects stops at a certain number. that is the last good chip. solder the SJ pads next to the first bad chip (these are the pads connected via traces from the chips).

Forgive me. How do I see the chainminer information? I'm used to logging into my linux rigs and screen -x to see my screen session with cgminer running. Is there a similar interface with chainminer?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 10:09:00 AM

Thanks.

looks like you 'destroyed' the connections for 2 chips in your board between chip and resistor set. Is that the effective way to disable the chip? Does it still take power when the board hashes?

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 06:50:37 PM

I've got a bad M-board from order 76.  The one from order 78 was OK, so I have both starter kit cards hashing on the one m-board that works.  Any idea when you might be shipping out the version 2 m-boards?  If it's going to be in the near future, I can just wait for the replacement.

I expect V2 M-boards next week...

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:52:42 PM

Ok - thanks Dave.  I entered a return for it on the website, but sounds like you'll probably have the version-2 boards before it gets processed.
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 06:55:17 PM

hi everybody!! got my starter kit today, but ran in to problem during set up so power down, and now the pi have no video out (hdmi) red power light are on, can anybody help please!! never use pi before ((

thanks

You don't need hdmi.  As long as you know or can figure out the IP address you can just SSH to the raspberry pi with a tool like putty should you require command line access, else just web browse to the units IP address.   If its still at the default address, just put your pc on the same subnet and access the default address via SSH

Thanks Lubah!! got the video out working and able to fix Gateway IP, but now have no idea how to reconfigure pool credential via SSH? (I have a macbook pro can i just plug an ethernet cable from my laptop to the router, and use the 192.168.1.249 with a browser??)

thanks

If you have your rPi set to a good ip address for your network then you should be able to plug it into your network and then access it at whatever ip address you set it to.

ie: instead of http://www.google.com in the address bar of your browser you just use the ip address you set the rPi to.

still unable via SSH to pool credential(( is there a way i could log in to pool credential from command line access by hook up monitor/keyboard to the Pi???

If you know the IP address of your rig, just put it in the web browser.  You'll see the BitFury Admin page where you can configure your pool credentials.  No ssh needed for doing pool credentials.

goxed
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:28:47 AM

Thanks.

looks like you 'destroyed' the connections for 2 chips in your board between chip and resistor set. Is that the effective way to disable the chip? Does it still take power when the board hashes?

After removing the SPI connections and clock, the chips were cool to the touch on the running H-board.

goxed
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:33:01 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2013, 04:19:17 AM by goxed

BTW my hashrates on the pool (Eclipse MC) fluctuates a bit too much with Bitfury.

The hashrates on the pool is relatively more stable with my Avalon and BFL Jallys.

Any idea if this is a good fix?
Code:
After removing the -rt (or --real-target) flag from my stratum proxy, this hasn't happened again. This change results in a slightly higher load on the Raspberry Pi that's controlling the ASIC (because the miner now tries to send every diff1 share to the proxy), so I'm not recommending anyone to do this unless you are actually experiencing the above problem.

Any pointers to which file needs to be modified
Found the shell script
Code:
/opt/bitfury/start-stratumproxy.sh

woobone

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:39:02 AM

thanks

thanks

If you know the IP address of your rig, just put it in the web browser.  You'll see the BitFury Admin page where you can configure your pool credentials.  No ssh needed for doing pool credentials.

thanks dave!! but now i am even more lost!! try to get the correct IP address by doing "sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces" now a blink page came out (((( dont know what to do !!! can somebody help Huh

Thanks
tom99

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:23:54 AM

thanks

thanks

thanks dave!! but now i am even more lost!! try to get the correct IP address by doing "sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces" now a blink page came out (((( dont know what to do !!! can somebody help Huh

Thanks

You can check ip in your router.
woobone

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:42:07 AM

thanks

thanks

Thanks

tom thanks, but if that gateway IP file are blink is it a problem ?? never use a Pi before so I'm fucking lost Huh
jddebug

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:49:12 AM

thanks

thanks

Thanks

tom thanks, but if that gateway IP file are blink is it a problem ?? never use a Pi before so I'm fucking lost Huh

This is what I have in my interfaces file. Hope it helps. Of course change the ip ranges to match your network. My network just happens to use 92.168.169.xxx subnet

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.169.175
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.169.0
broadcast 192.168.169.255
gateway 192.168.169.168

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet manual
wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
iface default inet dhcp
woobone

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:29:51 AM

thanks

thanks

Thanks

This is what I have in my interfaces file. Hope it helps. Of course change the ip ranges to match your network. My network just happens to use 92.168.169.xxx subnet

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.169.175
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.169.0
broadcast 192.168.169.255
gateway 192.168.169.168

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet manual
iface default inet dhcp

hey jddebug thanks !!! checked my router  IP address are 192.168.0.x  but also have a router address 192.168.0.y  which one do i use?

thanks
tom99

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:39:01 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2013, 06:51:49 AM by tom99

Can you list your interfaces?

my interfaces

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.1.111
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.1.0
broadcast 192.168.1.255
gateway 192.168.1.1

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet manual
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 01:33:54 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2013, 01:47:42 PM by af_newbie

Dave,

My chip #2, #10 are only hashing at ~0.25-0.29 GH/s  (with very large number of errors, 300% more than other chips)
They show "speed->0" after the last column in .stat.log

They are set as auto "AIfDSo 55"  like the others.

Is there anything that can be done to improve their performance?

How are the chips numbered?  How to map the IDs in .stat.log to the board?

2       AIfDSo  55      0.243   2.019   17      126     0       0       191     [0:1]   726     0 1 2 2 1 0 0 0 2 0 3 0 4 1 1 0         9 8 7 7 8 9 9 9 7 9 6 8 5 8 8 9    speed->0

10      AIfDSo  55      0.272   1.924   19      110     0       0       182     [0:9]   722     0 2 1 2 2 2 0 2 0 1 1 1 2 1 1 1         8 6 7 6 6 6 8 7 8 7 7 7 6 7 7 7    speed->0

Thanks,
af_newbie

EDIT:

After a while they go to:

2       AiFDso  55      0.014   0.550   1       35      0       0       52      [0:1]   723     0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0         2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 2 2 2 2 2
10      AiFDso  55      0.072   0.528   5       34      0       0       50      [0:9]   715     1 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0         2 2 3 2 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 2 3 3 3 3

pacojones

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 01:40:31 PM

THANKS for the detailed post - now I just need my hardware Smiley  Can't wait!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: