Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:35:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer V9 4TH  (Read 19901 times)
kenji

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:47:47 PM

Yeah, I don't see this as a special miner either but rather Bitmain trying to sell off their S7s in their mining warehouses as mining becomes less profitable. Shitmain at work.

Literally everything bitmain does someone has to talk shit. I mean how dare a company sell off old stock at super cheap prices right?

I mean its 2018, when I see Ford closing out the 2017 models I guess I should hop on the internet and shit talk them for it.

Amen to this.  They sell the A3 for $2400 and people bitch.  Then they sell a 2nd batch for $980 and people bitch even more!  Now they are selling a miner for a hundred bucks and people come out of the woodwork!  I haven't checked ebay prices for awhile but late last year S7s were selling for nearly $1000.  I'm sure Bitmain's poor customer serviceis mostly due to the fact that they know they can't win.  Its obvious that it doesn't matter if their prices are high or low, or support is good or bad, the vocal minority will still complain.  Of course they also sell out of everything so they know it really doesn't matter what people think.

They have a right to their opinion - as do you.  Bitmain selling this as being "pleased to announce the all-new #Antminer V9 #BitcoinCash #Bitcoin miner, especially designed for long-term use in fast-growing mining operations"is being slightly misleading.  But, the specs are there for all to decide.  My question would be why bother releasing this inefficient miner now unless they are selling "old" not "new" board stock?  All looks a little suspect to me... and that's just a IMHO comment.

Of course it's old stock that they're simply re-branding to sell easily, at least that's what would make sense, no?  
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notey

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:10:19 PM

Yeah, I don't see this as a special miner either but rather Bitmain trying to sell off their S7s in their mining warehouses as mining becomes less profitable. Shitmain at work.

Literally everything bitmain does someone has to talk shit. I mean how dare a company sell off old stock at super cheap prices right?

I mean its 2018, when I see Ford closing out the 2017 models I guess I should hop on the internet and shit talk them for it.

Amen to this.  They sell the A3 for $2400 and people bitch.  Then they sell a 2nd batch for $980 and people bitch even more!  Now they are selling a miner for a hundred bucks and people come out of the woodwork!  I haven't checked ebay prices for awhile but late last year S7s were selling for nearly $1000.  I'm sure Bitmain's poor customer serviceis mostly due to the fact that they know they can't win.  Its obvious that it doesn't matter if their prices are high or low, or support is good or bad, the vocal minority will still complain.  Of course they also sell out of everything so they know it really doesn't matter what people think.

They have a right to their opinion - as do you.  Bitmain selling this as being "pleased to announce the all-new #Antminer V9 #BitcoinCash #Bitcoin miner, especially designed for long-term use in fast-growing mining operations"is being slightly misleading.  But, the specs are there for all to decide.  My question would be why bother releasing this inefficient miner now unless they are selling "old" not "new" board stock?  All looks a little suspect to me... and that's just a IMHO comment.

Of course it's old stock that they're simply re-branding to sell easily, at least that's what would make sense, no?  
Exactly.  So, the "all new" Bitmain description is not accurate. In other words, people will "talk S*$#" about a company as long as they don't tell the truth about their product.
gurugarzah

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:20:02 PM

4TH for $435 bucks USD is still A WHOLE LOT BETTER than Canaan’s. 11TH @ $2,880
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:47:41 PM

True but also the S9 is up for sell and they do 13.5TH at 1375watts.

You also need to buy a minimum qty of 5 V9's
kenji

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:50:41 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 07:04:44 PM by kenji

True but also the S9 is up for sell and they do 13.5TH at 1375watts.

You also need to buy a minimum qty of 5 V9's

That's ridiculous. I was going to say that the only reason anyone would ever buy this is because the price is cheaper, as a way for people without a lot of money to get into mining. Now that I see you have to order at least 5 of them, there is no reason anyone should buy these, period.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:56:22 PM

Another interesting thing to note is these are 54 chip boards. The S7 hasnt been 54 chip since batch 3 or 4. They spent the majority of the time making the 45 chip model, so something has to be different.

The V9 has 135x chips, so it has 45x chips per one hash board.

It is exactly the same as with the S7 later batches.

whoops i misread one of the links I guess.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:07:09 PM

maybe they should just sell more antminers s7-ln, I miss mine. sold it too early Sad
CryptoCrane

Activity: 384
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 08:18:50 PM

I think most of you have forgotten that Bitmain sold tens of thousands of used AntMiner S7s when they upgraded to the S9 a couple years ago. They sold the used S7s with minimum order quantities of 500 and they specifically called them out as being used with no warranty. Considering they probably sold all of their used S7s AND these have a different chip in them, I suspect the V4 is probably a 28nm version of the T9 that was easy and fast to throw into production a couple months ago when Bitcoin/Bitcoin Cash were soaring. Think about it - getting in line for more products with TSMC probably takes 3-6 months of lead time. The faster/cheaper route when attempting to catch the wave would be to use a 28nm node that aren't competing with all of the 16nm stuff.

Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:29:50 PM

They seem to only make sense if you have less than .03 kw/h power, to see anything close to an ROI.

I would be curious to see what it really says under the white sticker that seems to have been applied over the top of the original sticker. If it weren't for the MOQ of 5, I would order one just to find out.

Considering that you may not have this hardware until sometime in march I have taken the yearly average of 10% network difficulty increase and applied it for when you are expected to start receiving the hardware.

Here is an estimate of the network difficulty as of March 2018.

Results for BTC/USD estimated trading price at $8500.00 USD
Estimated March 23 2018 Difficulty 3,811,165,475,251

Results for BTC/USD estimated trading price at $15000.00 USD
Estimated March 23 2018 Difficulty 3,811,165,475,251

Edit: Forgot to include the reference document link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11QS1BBV11KNGTF8N_-fdfmjTZ3WzPQFbLfVrl5n6R8s/edit?usp=sharing
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:42:17 PM

Yep, 4Th at ~1000W shipping April to May for around $335 USD. I'd be interested in one of these if they brought em to the US site. Apparently 80% will be shipped April and 20% in May.

On a side note, I haven't seen a miner sell for this cheap in a very long time from Bitmain. Seems to be a simple S7 underclock and they're trying to dump their existing miners.

Link: https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020180205085836862oAuXwgTa0710#1353

It's on the US site (now) - but forget about it unless you have SUPER cheap electric, at my VERY LOW electric rate it barely nets $10/month (and I'm in the 3'd LOWEST rate area of the US).
 They SHOULD have introduced it a month or two ago, it would has sold like hotcakes then.
 My bloody A2 farm is MORE profitable per $ invested than this thing is.

STILL the insistence on that BCH garbage for payment.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:44:44 PM

I think most of you have forgotten that Bitmain sold tens of thousands of used AntMiner S7s when they upgraded to the S9 a couple years ago. They sold the used S7s with minimum order quantities of 500 and they specifically called them out as being used with no warranty. Considering they probably sold all of their used S7s AND these have a different chip in them, I suspect the V4 is probably a 28nm version of the T9 that was easy and fast to throw into production a couple months ago when Bitcoin/Bitcoin Cash were soaring. Think about it - getting in line for more products with TSMC probably takes 3-6 months of lead time. The faster/cheaper route when attempting to catch the wave would be to use a 28nm node that aren't competing with all of the 16nm stuff.

The T9 used the SAME chip as the S9, just fewer of them running at a higher voltage for less efficiency.
These look likely to be a relabled S7 chip.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 09:29:49 PM

It sells much better than if they would sold those as S7 miners like they are.

"OOOOHHH NEW MINERRSSS!!!"   vs.    "Oh that's just a old S7, booooooo."

dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:02:30 PM

Maybe, but the part about being a new chip doesn't make sense to me. They do have the mask already for the old S7 chips I guess? They may have just ordered more and use a new name for them. Newly produced S7s does seem to make sense overall, but if that's the case they missed the wave badly.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 10:32:57 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_test
If it looks like the S7, specs sound like the S7, and it performs like the S7, then it probably is a S7.

Mursu

Activity: 35

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 10:49:57 PM

If it looks like the S7, specs sound like the S7, and it performs like the S7, then it probably is a S7.

Haha, this is usually quite accurate statement! As pointed out above already, they did not really bother to ease the concerns with their product marketing. If they wanted to convince the customer base that this is a brand new product, they probably should have hired somebody with better Photoshop skills to do the sales images Cheesy

https://imgur.com/a/9fC6D

Not stating anything about the product, but that looks just about as bad as it can.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:01:04 PM

Their miners already sell pretty well and most people probably won't even notice the new label on the miner. I don't think they've had many issues with product marketing recently considering their S9s sold out in minutes just a few weeks back.
ricknamer

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:08:14 PM

Haha, this is usually quite accurate statement! As pointed out above already, they did not really bother to ease the concerns with their product marketing. If they wanted to convince the customer base that this is a brand new product, they probably should have hired somebody with better Photoshop skills to do the sales images Cheesy

https://imgur.com/a/9fC6D

Not stating anything about the product, but that looks just about as bad as it can.

Step 1: remove sticker to expose s7 label
Step 2: list on eBay or amazon for $999
Step 3: profit
Mursu

Activity: 35

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 11:21:37 PM

Their miners already sell pretty well and most people probably won't even notice the new label on the miner. I don't think they've had many issues with product marketing recently considering their S9s sold out in minutes just a few weeks back.

Absolutely, their sales record has been excellent in a market with enormous demand for past few months.

However my point was that it is maybe not ideal to present a new product very similar to old one with such obvious image manipulation.
ricknamer

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:33:29 PM

However my point was that it is maybe not ideal to present a new product very similar to old one with such obvious image manipulation.

I agree. 100%. Here in America.

You are dealing with the Chinese now. Business customs and practices are so totally different that one can’t even begin to explain. You just have to work with them a few time and you’ll get it.

The label IS important. The label DOES make this a new item. This is how Chinese business works. If they are selling it and they are calling it new and they rebrand.  It’s new!

That’s why dealing with the Chinese and Latinos is a total PITA. They’re still developing.
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:53:30 PM

I agree. 100%. Here in America.

You are dealing with the Chinese now. Business customs and practices are so totally different that one can’t even begin to explain. You just have to work with them a few time and you’ll get it.

The label IS important. The label DOES make this a new item. This is how Chinese business works. If they are selling it and they are calling it new and they rebrand.  It’s new!

That’s why dealing with the Chinese and Latinos is a total PITA. They’re still developing.
Thanks for your bigotry.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: