Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:32:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer V9 4TH  (Read 19902 times)
QuarterMaster

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:47:04 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2018, 08:01:47 PM by QuarterMaster

We've lowered the price for brand new individual AntMiner V9s to match Bitmain's pricing @ $291.00 each on our Amazon store with free shipping within the US. We also have them on eBay for $309.00 each and our own site for $291.00 each (for crypto payments and international orders).

Awesome. Ty.
Perfect for hobby miners, schools to use as a teaching tool and those with .05/KWh or less.

Does anybody know of these use voltage regulators/buck for the chip voltage or are they set up with string voltage like the S5 was. If using string voltage you can use a step down buck converter on the out of the PSU to run them at a slightly less voltage (11.0v-11.7v) and under clock for better efficiency/heat/noise.

Something like this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0747QDRW9/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You would have to use 3 of them (1 to each blade) and under clock but could see some power savings. Just a theory.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
donpramis

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 11:14:37 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2018, 03:54:28 AM by frodocooper

Hi Guys,

Is this okay. The temperature reach 60 to 65 celsius on my antminer V9.

Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/D5oSG9g.png

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove inline image tags.
Procaius

Activity: 33
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:27:07 PM

The price on these things have really come down.  I just bought a used one for $200 and an APW3++ for $200 off Amazon.  This will be my first foray into bitcoin mining and from the research I did there really isn't any cheaper way to get 4TH/s than an Antminer V9.

My electricity rate up here in Canada is 0.04 kWh so I should definitely be seeing profit.
-EOS-

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:04:31 PM

The price on these things have really come down.  I just bought a used one for $200 and an APW3++ for $200 off Amazon.  This will be my first foray into bitcoin mining and from the research I did there really isn't any cheaper way to get 4TH/s than an Antminer V9.

My electricity rate up here in Canada is 0.04 kWh so I should definitely be seeing profit.

How loud are these miners?
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 12:35:05 AM

The price on these things have really come down.  I just bought a used one for $200 and an APW3++ for $200 off Amazon.  This will be my first foray into bitcoin mining and from the research I did there really isn't any cheaper way to get 4TH/s than an Antminer V9.

Presumably as loud as the S7 miners are.

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:48:11 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2018, 12:38:50 AM by toptek

Presumably as loud as the S7 miners are.

Indeed they are or as loud as any of the new ones from but main around 76 DB . but you can either make a sound box or buy one off ebay and run it at 100 % an even over clocked it if you want in the box the DB drop to normal levels or were you can sleep in the same room . I made a sound box /hotbox whatever you want a call it for one of my D3's and it works Great .....

yes you should right now till id say some time into the 3Q of this year, it won't be much you might even hit ROI if that's your bag or worry because of the price of the miner an depending on what the Diff stays at with them testing new stuff . . with solar it's the same just watch the meters with solar an the disconnect to the power company at nite unless your off the gild  .  . if your power is high without using solar .

The price on these things have really come down.  I just bought a used one for $200 and an APW3++ for $200 off Amazon.  This will be my first foray into bitcoin mining and from the research I did there really isn't any cheaper way to get 4TH/s than an Antminer V9.

an yes again i can't believe there is fools still selling S7 for more then the V9  i just hope whoever buys these things shops and learns not to buy a S7 when the V9 is basically a S7 at a lot cheaper price. it amazes me the greed of some... when there is more then enough to go around .

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to correct erroneous quote formatting.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6259

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 09:58:02 PM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

Just as an FYI if you set the speed too low you might have a board drop out.
I was testing to see how far I could drop it. And to see if I could get the noise down to a tolerable level to keep one in my office for testing. Below 412 one of the board would go all xxxxxx after a little while.
Above that it's fine.
So there might be a bottom limit on some of these.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Kenni88

Activity: 61
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:29:05 PM

Did some power consumption tests on the V9.  Using OEM Bitmain APW 3 Psu.

~1370watts!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Best BTCitcoin Pool in the World: kano.is
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:52:30 PM

I know this is a crazy question, but can anyone let me know if this device supports the cgminer API set like the S9 does?

Cheers.
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 04:39:40 PM

I know this is a crazy question, but can anyone let me know if this device supports the cgminer API set like the S9 does?

Cheers.

Can you give me an easy way to test for what you want?
I don't have full access to them from where I am now, but if it's simple I can try to carve out sometime tomorrow or Tuesday.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
trall4547

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:57:18 PM

Anyone else see an unusually high number of rejected shares?

About 2/3 rejected to accepted. 0 hardware errors

TracerX

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:45:32 PM

Cheers.

I don't have full access to them from where I am now, but if it's simple I can try to carve out sometime tomorrow or Tuesday.

-Dave

I can't find a good image on Google to point you towards.  Maybe a screenshot of the advanced setting tab?  I'm running Avalons now or I would post a screen myself.

Cheers.
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 10:05:48 PM

Cheers.

-Dave

I can't find a good image on Google to point you towards.  Maybe a screenshot of the advanced setting tab?  I'm running Avalons now or I would post a screen myself.

Cheers.
The only thing on the advanced settings page is the frequency setting.
-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:40:14 AM

Cheers.

Yea it does . it use CGminer as the soft ware miner .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
remnokc

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:54:15 AM

hmm, seeing $199 with free shipping on ebay as I type this. Wish I could look into it for a half dozen of these or so, but I just purchased two s9s which have tapped me out for the time being.
TracerX

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:55:41 PM

Cheers.

Yea it does . it use CGminer as the soft ware miner .

Can you set the access control for the API, e.g. specify which IP can write and which can only read?  I didn't see a section in the screenshots that shot a place to input that information.

Cheers.
sami3121

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:49:28 PM

Great news.

Is there anyway in updating the firmware when there is no access into the miner interface??
Could there be a way via using an SD card?

Yes, it's on the Bitmain website:
https://shop.bitmain.com/support.htm?pid=007201604120945219855QObfk20066C

-Dave

IT WORKS!! Managed to flash Firmware by loading the files onto SD card.  Once loaded, found IP throught
the IP report button.  Set to static again, this time no problems.

Mine on!

Can Someone please share the IMG file for the V9 firmware so i can flash it on my miner. I incorrectly configured the static IP address and now i cant log into the machine. I'm not sure what files to copy onto my SD card for the flash.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 05:12:53 PM

Can Someone please share the IMG file for the V9 firmware so i can flash it on my miner. I incorrectly configured the static IP address and now i cant log into the machine. I'm not sure what files to copy onto my SD card for the flash.

Did you try resetting the miner?
sami3121

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:35:42 PM

Did you try resetting the miner?

Thank you for the response.

The reset button on the V9's I have dont do anything. I can hold them down for over a mintue and still no beep. I formatted an SD card with FAT32 and copied the firmware files bitmain posted for the V9 Miner onto the SD card. I then inserted the SD card into the miner and turned it on. The fans started spinning at max and now both the red and green led are staying on. Ethernet light is flashing but nothing is showing up on my router. Any ideads?
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 08:47:55 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 02:55:56 AM by frodocooper

The reset button on the V9's I have dont do anything. I can hold them down for over a mintue and still no beep. I formatted an SD card with FAT32 and copied the firmware files bitmain posted for the V9 Miner onto the SD card. I then inserted the SD card into the miner and turned it on. The fans started spinning at max and now both the red and green led are staying on. Ethernet light is flashing but nothing is showing up on my router. Any ideads?

Have you tried this:

https://shop.bitmain.com/support.htm?pid=007201604120945219855QObfk20066C

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove nested quotes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: