Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:47:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why almost everybody suggest to hold?  (Read 2620 times)
xandra

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:57:26 AM

Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.
Almost everybody suggested to hold, it is because it is the least we can do to our coins,as you can see all coins are dropping and it is not good to convert into our paper money or sell it.. If you are in crypto you should know how to control your emotion especially if the situation is like this. Just keep on holding..

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kuruyama

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:01:12 AM

Because it is the right thing to do for now, if youd sell it, youll lose more of what you invest on it, while if you stay to hold on to it for a while and wait it gets back up to its high value form. Its all about taking risk, risk it, in the end what really matters is you know to yourself that you risk it all. If you win you win if we lose we lose. Its Life. its all about this. So I suggest just hold it and everything will be better for bitcoin and for us.
Shutup

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:06:38 AM

Hi all,
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Regards.

Because it's too wasteful if you change it today. We cant do nothing now but to hold our coins because the price is very low. There's no value for us if the equivalent price is very low.So we have to  hold it because we want our coins with higher equivalent for to give us hope for our future for our family. Holding Also is one way of making us to be rich.It is the only way to get all we wanted to be.
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:45:47 AM

Hi all,

Regards.

Almost everybody suggests to hold because everybody believes that this is just a correction and Bitcoin or Altcoins price will rise again sooner or later. Also it does not matter how much the dip is because in reality you did not yet lose any money if you do not sell, everything in the exchange is just a paper loss.

RockHenki

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:41:17 AM

You can not do anything during this time because the price is low, you should stay to hold it for a while and wait for it to return to its high value form. We have to be patient and restrain ourselves until prices recover, which is the best way to cope with losses.
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:09:01 AM

Well, as of now, the value of the coins have not yet reached the full potential of what could they becomes, so the best thing to do during these times would be to hold. Even bitcoin's value have already sunk down and it may take quite some time for it to regain it's previous high value. So, holding is the solution.

wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:18:36 AM

Because holdig will lessen or should I say no loose on your holding. When you know what coin you are trading and the price was gone low after you buy, you will just loose the capital when you sell lower. We suggest to hold in that kind of situation, because no one knows what would really happen the future, no have made it correctly to predict it.
Right. As long as you are not selling at the top, and you have gone down on a certain percentage of your holding, then there is no point selling. Just hold and over time you will see them bounce back and you can decide to sell if you wish. However, all these balls down to if you are a trader, you monitor the charts; know when to sell and when to enter a position.

A lot of people out of panic always end up losing a lot trying to sell with the feel that the market is dropping and they end up doing it at the wrong time, but with holding, you can never go wrong.
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:28:51 AM

Whenever people speak of holding what they are trying to stimulate is demand, this works on the principle of technically removing coins out of circulation leaving whatever is available to have virtual a low supply, and when people demand for this coin it will mean more people competing for this some pool of coins which forces prices to go up to serve everybody a share of the coins.
Protected101

Activity: 210
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:54:10 AM

Holding is just what we can do for now because of crashed down but waiting patiently to get our profit back. As long as you can wait for rising up again it does not matter what others said that selling btc is the answer in dumps.
terciduk123

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:10:24 AM

there is no way other than you have to be patient and hold hold, because if you stop you will get a profit loss so the best thing you should do is keep walking and hold the coins until it returns to normal price.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:14:01 AM

Because holding is the best thing that you can do when times of falling. Even buying when the market is dump because you cannot know if its already the lowest price, so better position is to hold. People are holding on a great coin because they believe on its technology that it can bounce back once the correction is done, but still there is no assurance.
rhodelmabanal

Activity: 1043
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:39:08 AM

I think this is the best way to people who wants to be a millionaire and it seems they try to hold it because they have a desire in life whom they make every one of it to be useful. My friends almost got a million he spend it have his own business career which is a boat rental in fishing. This is the best part if he gets another million he wanted to build his own lodging house for every single girls he could rent in many places.

cryptohome

Activity: 183

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 10:40:21 AM

In simple terms, Trading is a lot risky and less profitable than simply holding.
Dobrodav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:26:07 AM

because you can not do anything else. when all coins drops, you sell your coins you will lose your money. So the best way is hodling. And now, the market is rising again. You can sell and invest in other coins

pkb007

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:27:00 AM

I think it the most effective way to judgment market place and what happen in cryptocurrency world and make profit your investment. I also think when market are going down then people suggest to hold. Recent BTC market price going down. That moment everybody suggest to hold BTC. Now BTC come in normal price. It is just my opinion.
bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:30:08 AM

Hi all,

Regards.

It's because the coins and every market asset right now is low in value. Either they have kept the value they're in when this downfall started, or they have plummeted in such a way that you can't get any profit from doing business with it. For example, Bitcoin right now has already dropped around 50% of its value when this started, thus, if you have invested in it during the time it was around 7-9k dollars, then getting rid of it now would not give you any profit, instead it would give you a loss. Remember, the end game of most people who venture in this market is profit, so if the assets won't give you any, why bother to do business right now while the market is down.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
badykvik

Activity: 895
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:21:55 PM

Very many of us are actually Holding for expected price rise in future bitcoin and again for fear of unknown if the other side happens, they may now decide to dump.Presently bitcoin is trying to wake up around $8,000, still giving hope that its coming back to good value.
traged

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:04:28 PM

Because everybody thinks - or better HOPES - that prices will go up again. I hope so as well but truth is that nobody knows anything for sure. What I know for - i will withdraw bigger portion of my portfolio to fiat once it raises to a certain level!
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:07:40 PM

It is the alternative way that we can help other newbie investors that they did not having a panic selling when time comes all crypto currencies are in dip or decreasing price in the market. However, if we all say that hold our remaining balance in crypto's coins it is a big help not to quit in holding. Because mostly investors when the price was down they have a big lose from their investment so we have nothing to do just hold and hold until your profit was there.

JuniAiko

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 01:15:51 PM

IMO, only HODL on to promising coins with an active GitHub and/or other developments + if their MCAP is greater than ~20Mil USD.
Anything below that is too high a risk to HODL in my opinion.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: