Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:51:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why almost everybody suggest to hold?  (Read 2626 times)
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:15:44 PM

Because holding is the best way to help the price recover if we all collaborate to hodl then the price will not decrease and perhaps it will decrease but not too much i think. And also if we sell while the price is decreasing it will be a contribution for the dump.so instead of selling we need to hodl to maintain its value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:48:36 PM

Because trading isn't everyone's cup of tea and holding is the safest way to profit.
Not everyone can read graphs and predict coin's next move but still some try to do it but they'll just end up losing. Yet there's this thing called holding, with just at least a good knowledge of coin you can at least profited good without giving you any hard time.

hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:06:09 PM

Almost suggested to hold, you know why? When price suddenly drops so low and most it didnt expected that way the others action is in panic selling. Those in panic selling are in added to make the market to go dips in huge amount. You may make an analyzation and study the market of what other's may say when price dumped then think about it.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:29:28 PM

Because holding is the best way to help the price recover if we all collaborate to hodl then the price will not decrease and perhaps it will decrease but not too much i think. And also if we sell while the price is decreasing it will be a contribution for the dump.so instead of selling we need to hodl to maintain its value.
Yes.Holding also is the easiest way to make profit but for a long term investment.Especially now that we are experiencing big dips,holding would be safest way to make profit.Others would chose panic selling but i don't think they are enjoying the profit they made,or they may feel losing in the other way making more dump in the price.

Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:36:02 PM

Almost everybody is suggesting to hold maybe because they know that the price will rise up in the coming days,instead of quiting and lost what you have why not wait.
They are saying to hold because most people here have experience something worst than this. A dump is a dump but I am telling you, if you will look at the history of bitcoin, you will see something worst than this.

Everybody knows cryptos are volatile in nature so price will fluctuate but when price dips people become panic and fail to hold, only week hands do this. The coins like bitcoin and ethereum has good potential and is always suggested for long term investments. Wise people know it and even if it finds big dips it will recover back, it is our mistake if we fail to hold it during the dips. Some coins will be there without having great future it is not necessary to hold it for long.
Right, bitcoin has suffered things like this before, much bigger price dumps wherein you would feel like loosing your mind. Imagine yourself investing at those times and then in just one day, your money is less than how much you have invested. Cryptos are so volatile that anytime they will lose value but just like what you said, Bitcoin and Ethereum are good coins. They have established their names and built their strength as crypto coins. Their prices may dump but they recover soon and become more valuable in the future.

I would be that simple if you knew, that it will fall even more tomorrow or next week. But you cannot be sure about that. You will sell now, and in few days it will rise by 20-30%. And you will regret. So I guess it's safer just to hold.
Well, no one knows the exact time and exact day if when any of the cryptos will suffer a dump. But long time earners will always say to hold and wait, do not panic sell and control your emotions and feelings. Cryptos really are unpredictable but many people will still believe in its potential to become more bigger and valuable in the future.

ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:55:30 PM

In a way we can survive longer is one of the safest ways to avoid panic, because in the near future bitcoin prices continue to experience a very sharp price decline. This is done so that we can minimize losses in trading.
preditor422

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:26:55 PM

Its the only option that we got in this dip.I agree that we should sale when the dip starts but not everyone gets to know when is this starting.Some who are relatively new can't predict whether it is a dip or not.And this hold option is only for those who gets trapped in this crash and panics.As they are already in loss and if they sell their stakes in crash than that would completely stupid that's why people tell them to hold.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:45:21 PM

you can't understand until you do that. Every year price of major Crypto Currency increasing rapidly. New investor coming so it's very easy to understand it if you hold you will get decent profit. But choice is yours.
Investors have jumped in but not all of them, because the hash algorithm which is used by the bitcoin says that the price of the bitcoin will rapidly increase owing to the demand in the market but in the last couple of months we have seen that the bitcoin is going down so it means that more people are taking out their money than investing in it. I guess investors are planning something big this time that’s why they have taken out their money.
peymanrmi

Activity: 336
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:50:11 PM

Virgin Money joins ban on buying Bitcoin on credit cards

Some us bank ban buying bitcoin just on credit card
But some media have been announced that us ban bitcoin and this effect all the market
Be patient and dont listen to rumors

My opinion
maimainguyen05

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:31:51 PM

There are so many reasons why people keep holding. Maybe they're too late to cut the loss so keep holding is the only choice for them. Beside they also keep holding cause they know the potential of the coin they're holding and they know this huge dump will over soon and the whole market will green again Smiley. But sometime hold is not a good way if the coin they're holding is a trash coin

Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 650

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:49:42 PM

In a way we can survive longer is one of the safest ways to avoid panic, because in the near future bitcoin prices continue to experience a very sharp price decline. This is done so that we can minimize losses in trading.
Holding our coin possession isnt really bad but would only applicable on some coins and not all the times its suggest to hold since there are coins that do dump to its death but this is what we wont see on bitcoin itself.This is why most people do suggest to hold up specially into bitcoin because we do know its capabilities and the movement of prices over these past years.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:01:59 PM

Obviously holding works and it is tried many times by the old experienced crypto experts and traders, they got huge earnings from holding, that's why everybody suggest holding. But you need to choose the most powerful coins/ tokens and to make your plan , otherwise you can losing especially if you panic as soon as the prices drop down.
WhaleHunter

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:57:45 PM

I agree with your logic. Sometimes I also like to sell something to buy it back cheaper. However, this works if your predictions of lower prices are correct. If you sell and then, BEFORE the price goes down the price reverts its trend and goes up, you're out of the market. And I must confess that it has happened more than once to me, with altcoins.
This is why people who don't want to take this risk of trading just hold, looking for the long term.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
political1907

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:16:30 AM

Hold is often good. But at the same time, there is risk to lose. The risk of losing is even greater. So you have to make good move. You should be get out the game when the time comes. Likewise, you should be enter the game when the time comes.

KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:18:17 AM

Everyone says to hold. I think it depends on your entry point on your investments. If you are in when it was in its highest, I suggest you learn to cut your losses. People who are saying hold are mostly those that entered cryptos in 2015 -2016 when all coins are valued so low.

richcorner100

Activity: 616

https://exip.live/

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:21:19 AM

Because that people does not have time for doing day trading and not enough skill to gain profit consistent from it. And also many people has been see the history of chart of some crypto that reached and given multiple profit just by hold, that why many investor thinking just by hold is good way to make big profit because its more easy.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:52:23 AM

Because holdig will lessen or should I say no loose on your holding. When you know what coin you are trading and the price was gone low after you buy, you will just loose the capital when you sell lower. We suggest to hold in that kind of situation, because no one knows what would really happen the future, no have made it correctly to predict it.

Sure, any activities on the market these dyas ( it never matters if you buy coins or sell them) can lead you to a loss. Just hold it until you understand you will get the profit when you sell it!
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 03:43:52 AM

Hold if you have quality or promising coin. You should know how to identify it, because there are very lot of shitcoins nowadays that even someone people telling that you should hold that coin, even that coin is shitcoin. Identify the potential of coin you have before deciding to hold or not.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:01:14 AM

Because of crypto are still in immature and infant stage even every high price you may consider as low and have the investment opportunity. That's why always suggesting to hold the coin. Again, you may consider the mature stage of the coin will come when at least 100 Satoshi become $1 or 1 Satoshi equal to 1 dollar.
syahdurindu

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:18:11 AM

Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.
Because by holding we will not lose, and they believe the price will rise again so everyone should hold it until the normal price returns. we have to be patient and restrain ourselves until prices recover, that's the best way to deal with losses..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: