Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:30:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why almost everybody suggest to hold?  (Read 2626 times)
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:44:26 PM

Because Hodling is the best way you can do, you wait and if the price goes up then you'll be sitting pretty in the future if you have funded a huge amount of fiat converted into crypto. if you just sell your crypto's and if the price goes high then you'll regret about it, it doesn't matter how you do buy and selling at all, what really matter's here is if you really know how crypto blockchain works then it will lead you to HODL, thats all.
I totally with you. In this situation, you cant do anythings better than holding. Selling? Ok, you will lose your money too much. But if when the market recover, you will be regret

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ray3z

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:58:58 PM

hmm in this situation its mean that there are panic sell everywhere right? maybe they suggest to hold you coin because want to make the panic sell stop and the price can back to normal again? why it can happen? if you sell when panic sell everywhere you make the price of that coin is decrease because of you sell it when buy order in the low, so its make that people told you to hold your coin and crypto
Yeah right now, i think it is perfect to hold and collect as much crypto as you can and most of the member here in the forum will suggest you to hodl simply because holding bitcoin is way much better the short term investment. Most importantly in holding we can earn more profits. And yes it takes time, i mean too much time for the profits but absolutely worth it.
I was already convinced that the more you spend time on the exchange and monitor the current situation, then you will be better profit and quality incomes. But for this you will need to sacrifice your personal time.

More spending time in monitor not always give you more profit mate because as i know, more in monitor when we tired then we will make not good decision for our trading.
We have to make a good plan before entering the market so we can prevent bad decision after looking the market.
jiop111

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:05:56 AM

I will choose to hold. I will not choose to hold it. Yes, most coins will not last long because many items have failed. Holding coins is only applicable to potential coins on the market. Now that the price of coins is very low, this time should be preserved and should not be traded. Large price fluctuations can cause great losses if you lose.
gurang

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:29:37 AM

Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.

We all have our own opinion, maybe for them we have better decisions than you think you will bring good results and that will make you a good result, there are times when every suggestion you think is right so much you choose what's right and what's better. so most of them suggest to pick the hold because it might be right or better
sabarr

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:57:40 AM

the current bitcoin price has dropped and the most appropriate thing to do is to hold the bitcoin and wait for the bitcoin price to go up again unless you already get the profit then you can sell the bitcoin you have
Chair ee law

Activity: 232

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:09:07 PM

Its normal to hold during times like this where almost all has been in deep. And even though altcoins would strive to pump, still btc and ethereum contributes great effects to our earnings. so better hold this time and wait till target line has been reached.
hurriebra49

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:47:55 PM

From last couple of days every one suggest to hold because the market trend is going down and almost every coin is going to down trend so that is why everyone suggest to hold instead of panic sale because it is better option instead of bearing loss, So I am also holding because almost all coins are in loss situation.
knight20

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:11:37 PM

Usually they suggest to hold for long time to wait the high price of bitcoin. Actually it is always bitcoin holder are want to hold long time. To sure that they could double their money. To buy low and sell at high price is  a basic wise strategy but sometimes the fee will secretly lose your profit.
campbell.box

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:22:52 PM

In a market crash, selling your own digital encrypted currency means loss, and many people don't do it!

Because hold will not reduce the number of your digital crypto currency, selling can effectively reduce your losses when the market recovers.
bitzizzix

Activity: 2380
Merit: 448

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:47:29 PM

Everybody suggest to hold because the market is in condition of panic selling and in panic sale you will go into maximum loss, So that is why almost everybody wants to suggest to hold instead of panic sale and advised to sell in high price after some wait,
The current bitcoin price condition is very apprehensive because the price has dropped dramatically, but I will keep it under any circumstances about bitcoin because I'm sure even if it takes a long time and unpredictable bitcoins will rise again. actually this is a time and a very appropriate opportunity to buy it with a large number and memegannya. the most important you are sure bitcoin will someday increase again

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Scallywag

Activity: 249

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:14:12 AM

because it is stupid to sell when prices are this low , when there is a big chance prices are going up in the future.
tukang_rosok

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:24:33 AM

because it is stupid to sell when prices are this low , when there is a big chance prices are going up in the future.
only weak that do that thing.to much people dont have good mentality when they invest in cryptocurrency.so when market going down they want sell their asset immediately.
yanimkurniawan

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:38:00 AM

for us it's better to hold our bitcoin in the long run, because for me it's very easy to get a lot of bitcoin, especially now the bitcoin price is lower than last month, so we'll get more bitcoin at this price, so we'll hold a few months forwards the price will increase again from now, so we will be more bitcoin.
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:25:59 AM

In my opinion, this is done to prevent panic sell, because if everyone sells the price will certainly decrease. So better Hodl because for a few months the price will rise again
gurang

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:33:20 AM

Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.
everyone needs suggestion, where would be more helpful or less risky, maybe they prefer the hold because it might be better or better, we have her suggestion of what they choose to agree with if you know it .
cryptoespinoza

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:33:39 AM

Hold during a bull market. If you sell, you might lose your position where you may never regain again. Like Bitcoin at $1000 in the beginning of 2017. Now, in a bear market if your able to sell early, you may be able to let the market correct far enough so you can pick a new position at a much cheaper price. If you try to sell too late at near bottom prices, then you might also lose your opportunity so it's better to Hodl. It all comes with experience so practice now.
caloy06

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:47:52 AM

In my opinion, this is done to prevent panic sell, because if everyone sells the price will certainly decrease. So better Hodl because for a few months the price will rise again

That's true, to prevent your invest if you buy. If the value of your trading is decrease it is good for you because, if the value of a coin is increace it is good to your invest in trading site. Just hold your invest until your invest is increase to increase. It is a good to wait that quick get a earn money in trading.
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:08:45 AM

Hold during a bull market. If you sell, you might lose your position where you may never regain again. Like Bitcoin at $1000 in the beginning of 2017. Now, in a bear market if your able to sell early, you may be able to let the market correct far enough so you can pick a new position at a much cheaper price. If you try to sell too late at near bottom prices, then you might also lose your opportunity so it's better to Hodl. It all comes with experience so practice now.
First of all, HOLD is the most simple and easy way and yet the most effective way at the same time. Why ? That is because holding does not need a lot of effort and I think everyone can do that. Besides, in the other hand, HOLDing is very good and the most suitable thing for newbie or beginners to this world of crypto. Trading really needs a lot of effort because we need to monitor the price all the time and we can have so much risk on that. You can lose and win for like anytime, unlike holding. That is because holding only need the final result and the true holder will not sell no matter what until they get profit.
weeg4

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:17:43 AM

Because most people don't know when they can go up, prices will not be lost if they go up. If you sell coins, then there will be losses.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 06:24:40 AM

People are suggesting that we should keep holding pending when its value appreciate because when you sell at the current market value you will end up selling at lost particularly when you bought your Bitcoin when its value was so high as compared to the value. At the same time, holding is one of the factor that can help stabilise the market from further decline.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: