Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:21:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why almost everybody suggest to hold?  (Read 2626 times)
samtarly

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:36:46 PM

Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.
simply because many people lose the chance of getting profit. I will give you an example that mostly happens, if I bought a bitcoin @1k yesterday and sold it for @1.2k that's already a 20% increase but later on after selling it, the prices go up as high as 1.5k and it's really frustrating because in just a couple of hours or minutes the price went 50% more and it happens seriously.
that's why hodling is a good technique in this market because of its volatility.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:18:22 AM

Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.
There are many benefits that we can get if we will hold our bitcoins. I also suggest to everyone to hold their bitcoins because of the  that we can get. We can easily grow our money if we will hold our bitcoins.
MangoFish

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:26:15 AM

There's no  way we will  see the gains that we encountered in 2017 unless you're investing in startups, you need to wake up and smell the coffee burning. My guess is that at bitcoins current price, you'd be lucky to double your money.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:43:58 AM

There's no  way we will  see the gains that we encountered in 2017 unless you're investing in startups, you need to wake up and smell the coffee burning. My guess is that at bitcoins current price, you'd be lucky to double your money.

Yes you are correct and that's why everybody is investing in small caps to get those 100x gains instead of 1.5x gains.

This is why people are suggesting BTC to be represented in mBTC because the price would be smaller at least.

People are $10000 and think it's too expensive for them and buy Ripple or Tron instead.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
spiderm4n15

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:13:45 AM

If you have no extra time, buy Bitcoin and hold it till it increases in value
but if you have some extra time, Buy bitcoins, invest in a program and inspire more people to do so
and if you have a lot of time buy Bitcoins, daytrade with altcoins and accumulate more bitcoins.
sugihe

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:22:55 AM

some time we need to split our portofolio in three or more coins.it could be more safe than hold just one coin.and research about coin that we will buy could be very important to us for knowing it potential in futures

From what i know, spliting money to buy some several altcoin is very high recommended rather than only buy one kind of altcoin.
In another thing, spliting will help you to get more chance to win. If one altcoin lose then we have still the other chance.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:15:53 AM

because its the best way not to lose money. when you hold you won't buy the top of coins and sell the bottom like most nooks do. you never miss a run. you don't have to worry about charting , you can literally forget about your coin for a year and come back to some gains. unless you invest in a shitcoin lol
Yeah, most people do not sell because they are trading and making profit from the fluctuations since they know what they are doing, they dump what they have even at loss because they panic due to what is happening with the value of bitcoin which should not be so and at the end of the day, they end up losing a lot when the market recovers and they end up buying back at the top. So like you said, the best is just to HOLD.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
angrynerd88

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

Hodlers Network

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:43:09 AM

Long term holding chances more profit,But depends upon investor if maximize the profit and fear of price fall then better to cash out.Mainly this is the time to buy and hold there is rush in crypto world every one want to buy and it will effect price high in the future.

ictin

Activity: 258

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:03:53 AM

the market can not be predicted, no one know when it rises or down so there are many people advise you should hold. I think this is a good advice. Because there are many investors who are not patient enough and sell coins in panic. So now, they are very regret.

pureclckr

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:46:20 AM

People advice to hold because they know prices in crypto market may recover as soon as bear season is over and if you bought coins with solid project there is nothing to worry. just keep holding for long term goal
Nothing lasts forever, as market always recover at some point, and it is not everyone have an understanding of how the market works so they can know when to get out, get in back, and know when they are making mistakes to quickly stop loss. All these requires some level of trading knowledge, so anyone without such knowledge should just keep looking at the longer term and not just now because that is what counts at the end of it all.
burong1

Activity: 238

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:05:52 AM

It's the easiest and most effective way to earn money. of course like today you loss because btc is low but if you just hodl it you can profit significantly. but that's long term.
People are suggesting to hold just because they should hold for their future and also in holding they cannot loose of it, holding just because of the price a price thats too low thats why people are suggesting to hold, hold until bitcoin price gets high.

SpiderDS

Activity: 200

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:12:02 AM

Everyone has now instructed us to hold. Because the hold is a concept by which we can keep some coins, after which it is a little higher.Then we can get good money by selling it in the market. For everybody holding our hands, we give direction.
Coinhype

Activity: 204
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:20:51 AM

Everybody makes the same experience. When they start in to crypto, they try to trade. And what happend? The sold their coins because they thougt it will goes up, and it raises so high and never goes under a price their sold. When this happends, you know you would make a lot more profit when you just hold your coins. Trading needs a lot of work, and when you hold something for months or years, the value rises very high and you make a lot more profit. Like the people who hold bitcoin for years, they are rich now Wink
ELEL_ELEL

Activity: 177

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:54:39 AM

Think about the details what your aim and purpose why you are here in bitcoin forum? Is it just for fun and you wanted to talk to someone? Of course not, we are here to help bitcoin to grow and in order for it to grow we must at least have some of it and hold for a long time, but what are we doing? Do you think we are helping.
most of the trader are holding back because we thought that if we are not going to trade our investment will grow but is not soo fast just like the others,but unfortunately were wrong when we enter into this investment we must know the risk nor the advantages and disadvantages,we must learn more on how to compete on this industry.
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:57:55 AM

Only holding can't make you rich. You must sell in some point of your life to get the success of holding. Instead of that but at low prices and accumulate some more if it dips. As soon as the coin starts pumping hard keep selling certain percent of your holdings because you don't want to end up in no loss - no profit situation.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
semarmesem195

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:22:43 AM

Perhaps most people feel more profitable by holding on than others. For example when buying for $ 100, but after being held for a year turned into $ 500.
Moreover, the fund is relatively cheap and the risk is very small.
Another reason is that they don't want complicated like when trading or mining. Yes, many of us are choosing to get something instantly, but in such a way it will be even more disappointed when a failure.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
minhnguyen

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:28:37 AM

because they dont know shit about the market and instead of taking the loss and admit that they have to take a loss, they take an excuse for that and decide to hold and hope it wil recover soon.
thats happen with everyone who dont have specific investment strategy
first rule you have to make is cut loss before above 9.99%
luckycoinn

Activity: 158

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:07:47 AM

Last time, I sold my xzc and buyback on lower price, hopping that the price will raise. But what I get is the price keep going down and I lose more money. And I panic so I decided to sell it again, but when I sell it and not buyback, the price is raising till my first but price. Now I know that holding ia better than buyback. But also, read the chart and predict when the price will raise
Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:59:06 AM

Just notice that you have opened two threads on the same topic.

I just replied to this thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2891122.0

I suggest you lock one of the thread to avoid repeated discussion.
looks like the NOOB wanted to gain more MERIT at the same time,thats why trying to open same threads in single sections delete the other one OP this is enough for good conversation lol 😂.

Anyway we always say HOLD or HODL because this is what we think is right to do and we are encouraging other users so we can minimize the dumping of the said coins like bitcoins in which the target of many fuds and negative issues around here..but this is not an obligation anyone of us has the right to do what they think is right in their part..

If the op really open the copy thread just for merit then he success to gain 3 merit. Very good. LOL

To minimize dumping coin is just one right way and thats holding. Holding is the only way to survive.
soenaderecho10

Activity: 322
Merit: 25

“OPEN GAMING PLATFORM”

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:14:03 PM

Just notice that you have opened two threads on the same topic.

I just replied to this thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2891122.0

I suggest you lock one of the thread to avoid repeated discussion.
looks like the NOOB wanted to gain more MERIT at the same time,thats why trying to open same threads in single sections delete the other one OP this is enough for good conversation lol 😂.

Anyway we always say HOLD or HODL because this is what we think is right to do and we are encouraging other users so we can minimize the dumping of the said coins like bitcoins in which the target of many fuds and negative issues around here..but this is not an obligation anyone of us has the right to do what they think is right in their part..

If the op really open the copy thread just for merit then he success to gain 3 merit. Very good. LOL

To minimize dumping coin is just one right way and thats holding. Holding is the only way to survive.

I think because we know bitcoin is good in longterm way and the price will expensive so that many persons suggest to hold it.i think also investors hold it because the price is very low but i think if the price will high im sure theres many investors sell it because investors get a good profit.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: