Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:14:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why almost everybody suggest to hold?  (Read 2626 times)
kamote291993

Activity: 140
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:04:13 AM

There are so many reasons why people keep holding. Maybe they're too late to cut the loss so keep holding is the only choice for them. Beside they also keep holding cause they know the potential of the coin they're holding and they know this huge dump will over soon and the whole market will green again . But sometime hold is not a good way if the coin they're holding is a trash coin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gohan21

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:08:08 AM

Of course it's time to buy a high bitcoin price and its price drops you need to hold and wait for it to increase its price so you can recover the lost funds because it's time you did not do it and sell it immediately for sure you'll rebel.
Ryanpogi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:13:16 AM

I really do have a lot to do, it's better to hold it for too long. For the time being, the bitcoin price increases that you can sell for your profit. That's just simple. thanks.
yurenchuang7125

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:30:54 AM

Because when the price goes down, no one wants to throw it out, because it's losing money, and we don't know if it's going to go down tomorrow, because there's always volatility in the cryptocurrency.

If you sell when the price is low, the price will continue to be red tomorrow. Is it correct to buy at this time? Won't the price go on? No one knows the future.

So we always imply that we have to hold. Because we don't know when it's going to go up.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:02:40 AM

It is quite natural that correction would take place in the market, so after the correction the market would recover again. That is why everybody is suggesting to hold.

Yes, mostly the coin or token will recover again after correction but please remember that not all of them will do recovery.
Recovery is depending of the type of altcoin. If its not really popular then maybe it will not recover again.
So thats why choosing the right altcoin is very important.
thats true, first not all coins will recover after a price drop, only potential or good coins will recover, so you should see the coins you hold first to determine hold or sell,
but it is true what you say that many people suggest to withhold because it will help market conditions in order not to return to panic, by holding back the price will be back conducive and recover
Cryptagio
Copper Member

Activity: 158
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:44:54 AM

I think holding (or hodling) is a long term strategy. You can not really make lots of money by just holding cryptos - you should sell and than re-purchase coins sometimes

https://cryptagio.com - crypto exchange platform
rejin29x

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:49:51 PM

Commonly when the price is low we will assume to sell our coins before we totally lose it, but its the other way around yes as of today the price of most coins are down but we all know the price of those coins are volatile, and there is a hugh probability that it will increase it price so we are just holding what we have so that when the price increase we will earn a lot of profit. Though it is risky i believe in the coins i invest in so its just a matter of taking risk.
davidroux

Activity: 625
Merit: 250

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:08:11 PM

i think if you already have a good coin, you can work full-time job and invest some money to get some profit. you dont need to watch the price every hour or every minite, that is so stressful

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                 
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀                     

Powered by,
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:10:06 PM

In starting at crypto you really need to know what and how to trade, but of course you can't trade without any experience even a slight will be alright to start your first trade.
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:53:23 PM

There are so many reasons why people keep holding. Maybe they're too late to cut the loss so keep holding is the only choice for them. Beside they also keep holding cause they know the potential of the coin they're holding and they know this huge dump will over soon and the whole market will green again . But sometime hold is not a good way if the coin they're holding is a trash coin
Holding coin will help the value to increased as what I understand. This is why when the market is in red status  it means that there are many  coins that has been dump. That is why more people suggest it to hold for the reason of its value to increased.
merrillolive

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:56:25 PM

In 2018 everyone expects this to be a boom year for the crypto market. I and everyone expect the price of bitcoin will rise above the $ 20,000 threshold. So everyone's advice is that you should hold on, waiting for higher bitcoin prices. will make more profit. Bitcoin prices are expected to rise to $ 50,000.
Fnrecana

Activity: 262
Merit: 3

M E D I C H A I N ¦ The Medical Big Data Platform

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 02:03:25 PM

For me holding an altcoin is a good way to earn a lot from it. You must really hold a good coin until it reaches it peak so you'll never reget in the future it you'll lost a lot because you have a weak hand and don't trust to the project of the ICO that you join in.

M E D I C H A I N ¦ The Medical Big - Data Platform ¦ M E D I C H A I N (https://medichain.online/)
 SAVING LIVES WITH BLOCKCHAIN
Firefox07

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:37:52 PM

There is also a risk when you hold you coins too long. I don't know why everebody suggest to hold. For me if the value of my coins will give me a good payout i will sell it. And i don't care what other people say as long as i have a good profit.

MarcelWCrypto

Activity: 63

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 02:45:35 PM

The holding strategy is based on trust in valuable projects. Despite the periodic decline in prices, long-term investors believe in a large project potential and know that in the long run the price will grow. In the case of trading and lack of knowledge of the fundamental analysis, I would recommend cutting losses as quickly as possible
Neglected Person

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:26:07 PM

I and everyone think that in 2018, bitcoin and crypto-currency boom will be in the market. Although now the crypto market dump, So now whoever holds the crypto currency, holding many benefits will be available.

Bosx1ne

Activity: 540

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:31:16 PM

Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.
I also holding bitcoins because I am awarr that holding it can make more money. Many people are experiencing losses because they are panicking. Many people can't do long term investment because they don't have enough patience.

gaurav@zup

Activity: 38
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:35:21 PM

Holding the coins will help you survive the loss that one can face by selling at bottom and personally i always hold my 50% of investments in major coins no matter what the market movement is , as the crypto is just getting started and has long way to go ... but i also keep trading my other 50 % so as to recover my holding amount and gain profits out of it.( Funny quote i saw somewhere was that "Guy who tells you to HOLD is the one who couldn't  buy at the bottom" Cheesy )
AteenaD

Activity: 208

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:50:47 PM

It is very difficult and risky to time the market. Many people panic when they see reports that the market is falling. But because you were holding, you won't be so tempted to time the market because of that little blips and dips in valuations. Another thing is that it is undeniably the smartest and easiest path to hitting your specific financial goal like paying for college education of your kid.

Waqas vicky

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:56:09 PM

Because in long term, chances of loss is very much low as compare to short term.
So that's why most of the peoples prefer long term holding.
Hold untill you are not satisfied with the return.
crypt0heaven

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:51:39 PM

Because in long term, chances of loss is very much low as compare to short term.
So that's why most of the peoples prefer long term holding.
Hold untill you are not satisfied with the return.

Its a long term strategy that has yielded huge financial rewards for a lot of people. Hence they tell you to hold. Im uncertain as to how wise this strategy is for money management. If you invest just leave it for the long term if you are a shit trader.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: