Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:35:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is now a good time to invest in ICO?  (Read 11895 times)
CrazyCryppa

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:23:55 PM

I really think anytime is a good time to invest in an ICO if you truely believe in a project and its long term potential.

Totally different to trading which is much more about timing.

With an ICO, even if you get the timing wrong and the price declines after ICO then if you're holding it for the long term it should not matter. They are merely speed bumps.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:31:54 PM

I do not know why they write about a large percentage of the probability of fraud in the ICO. I participate in ICO campaigns as a participant in the signature campaign and would not say that the percentage of fraud is high. Well, 10-20 percent, not more. Therefore, investing in the ICO campaign is a good investment, bringing a good profit. However, before investing, of course, you need to get familiar with the project and its team.
alisaadat60

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:44:39 PM

It depends to ico that you invest, some ERC20 ico are so good to invest.
of course icos that promise to launch a decentralized system may be good.
GeorgeEden

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Patience and knowledge are gold.

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:53:39 PM

Well to be honest theres nothing wrong to invest now on ICO cuz of the correction . I hope you didnt got panic about that. Thers nothing wrong a the moment just give them time to get to the right prices . And yteah you should invest on an ICO cuz its the future of every busines/companys.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
lestariptr

Activity: 287
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:05:53 PM

I've been searching for ICOs for a few days and there seems to be many cases of scams and hacks which kinda scares me. Obviously, there is no 100% certainty which is going to be a successful one but is there any way to identify which ones are at least going in the right direction? The first one I looked at was Mossland's Whitepaper and they seemed good with solid community. Or should I just buy BTC or ETH? Any suggestions and ideas would be very helpful!

ICO has become popular at the moment. Many people invest their money in ico projects. So you are not too late if you want to invest. But stay cautious and do some research before investing your money. Then you will avoid the scam ico project. Buy ethereum because basically many ico projects are using ethereum.
dimon01

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:54:20 AM

As prices for BTC and ETH fell sharply, many investors began to panic.
I think it is the best time to invest in ICO, because there are fewer people involved in ICO, you can choose some excellent ICO projects to participate in, I recommend you to know the cardstack.
Indeed, a lot of people panic but it is a right time to invest. There are risks that ICO is a scam or it will not be very popular, but if you choose a good ICO then the benefit will be very good. SO do not lose time
Quinrock

Activity: 153

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:59:27 AM

In my opinion is great and good time to invest ico because low price for now if I invest i wait for the low value of ico.
UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:13:35 AM

I've been searching for ICOs for a few days and there seems to be many cases of scams and hacks which kinda scares me. Obviously, there is no 100% certainty which is going to be a successful one but is there any way to identify which ones are at least going in the right direction? The first one I looked at was Mossland's Whitepaper and they seemed good with solid community. Or should I just buy BTC or ETH? Any suggestions and ideas would be very helpful!

In my opinion, it is one of the best ways in making big earninhgs today, you just have to be careful and research about the team, the team will tell it all, whatever happens in the project, whether it is a success or a failure depends on the team, so take a good time, knowing the team and the whole project. If you are not sure, investing in eth and bit coin is a safe way to invest your money as well, but remember that everything is risky here on the crypto world.

crypto2k180

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:22:00 AM

2018, many already consider the year of the Altkoins and ICO. But when you purchase ISO, you need to be very competent in choosing the project! Otherwise, you will stupidly spend your time and money ...

EYEGLOB.NET – First and only Eye Health Global Ecosystem on blockchain! Envision the Future!
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:23:49 AM

ICO is always the best kind of investment. The return is usually the highest of all, and the best part, in a short period of time only. However, creating an 'ICO' is very easy right now thanks to ETH. Scamming issues are inevitable thus people like us should be extra careful when investing in ICO. Just remember, high return=high risk. Same goes to ICO.

Regarding the 'is now a good time to invest in ICO', yea now might be a good time for it, market are recovering and I think it's stable already right now.
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:24:06 AM

It is a good idea to invest or buy ICO's  but you have to reaserch first the ICO profile, whitepaper roadmap and Product. A lot of ICO also are scam specially lending platform a pump and dump coins after they gain million dollars profit

#Datarius
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:27:31 AM

First of all you should make yourself sure that you can't get constant and big success with single work , so better to enter in multiple ways.
Here at one side you are thinking to invest in ICOs but also at another side you want invest in altcoins , Here mine suggestion for you to put your money in ICOs ( but make every possible analysis and also make discussion in this forum about that ICOs to make sure whether they are seeming legimate or not ) and also you should see the perfect time to invest in altcoins i.e sudden dump sudden buy and then in short time sell with few  % profit , so use of perfect timing to invest is also a better thing for us to get profit.

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:35:36 AM

I think ICO investment to be the hype for now, if you want to invest ICO choose the best because as you say a lot of ICO scam, apart from the WP you should also pay attention to the manager of whoever the team is in the project and identify the person who brought the project scam, but if you want to buy bitcoin or ethereum as an investment it's also a good choice.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
TreXzar

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 01:41:50 AM
Merited by krishnaverma (1)

Like with all things in life, the answer depends. Factors you will need to take into account are:
- Is it a bull or bear market? It is currently bearish, and is starting to pick up again. We just got a massive green kick across the board, with Litecoin leading the way.
- Does the ICO have a working product or prototype? Read the Whitepaper and find out more about the company history, and the roadmap. Do you foresee potential/utility in the idea? Will there be a market for this product?
- Research the team. Every ICO will list the members involved, and it'll do you good to research the main players to see what past projects they've worked on. A weak team lack the experience to deliver proper products and ambitious roadmaps, plus less chance of getting approved for high volume exchanges. How exchange launches affect the token price massively.
- Look at the market cap. If there is too much in circulation, there is a massive risk of a dump straight away on the exchange. For example, Environ had a hard cap of 100 million. Love to see how this is going to perform...
- Compare current projects with similar projects that have already occurred in the past, and determine how they will revolutionize or share the market. For example, Medical Chain did 2x for the health industry, Wepower is 1.2x despite being in the same industry as Power Ledger.
- Work out how long to hodl for. Some projects require time to mature and create demand. A project that did terrible on the first week of the exchange can pick up later once milestones are met.

Lots of recent ICOs have performed well:
Bluzelle
Matrix
Telcoin
Simpletoken

But then again lots have underperformed:
Wepower
Zeepin
Pundi X
Selfkey

So you can see its not so much as the right time for ICO investment, but more the right ICO to invest in.

◼◼  WorkChain.io  ◼◼                                            
◼◼ The Future of Payroll   ◼ Make Every Day Payday
pankowri

Activity: 728
Merit: 63

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:18:03 AM

Yes,many investors are already do this.It is the best system. You can earn easily by doing this and able to gain more profit. Because, project give many offer for buying this.So,it is good time to invest in ICO.

Maian

Activity: 257

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:21:09 AM

Yes it good to invest right now but you need to make sure that you choose ico is good project to avoid scammer.
Dumzmol3421

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:32:43 AM

As my view, I think invest in good ICO will boost your income.. but better invest in good projects...
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:03:47 PM

If the ICO began before the big fall, and the price of tokens is fixed in the ETH, now it's very profitable to take part in such ICO. It turns out that you invest as if your ETH did not lose in price at all.
Right. Most of the ICOs that started when Ethereum was at the peak and I have listed down to be a part of, now is just like a sweet moment for me to buy them now, however, because of the volatility in Ethereum value and cryptocurrency in general, most of them are now learning to tag the ICO in USD rather than a fixed ETH value. So at the end, waiting for a lower value of Ethereum may not even work, unless you just buy now and hope Ethereum climbs a little bit up before the ICO ends.
ePesoInitiative

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:49:22 PM

If the ICO began before the big fall, and the price of tokens is fixed in the ETH, now it's very profitable to take part in such ICO. It turns out that you invest as if your ETH did not lose in price at all.
Right. Most of the ICOs that started when Ethereum was at the peak and I have listed down to be a part of, now is just like a sweet moment for me to buy them now, however, because of the volatility in Ethereum value and cryptocurrency in general, most of them are now learning to tag the ICO in USD rather than a fixed ETH value. So at the end, waiting for a lower value of Ethereum may not even work, unless you just buy now and hope Ethereum climbs a little bit up before the ICO ends.

The fundraisers are finally realizing that the volatility of cryptocurrencies is very extreme (signs of early adoption). They could lose $100,000s in a matter of hours if they don't practice risk management. That's why they are moving towards fiat value based pricing.

Pjoh ie

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:59:01 PM

if we intend to invest through ICO, we must be selective and understand the projects we follow. Some that need to be checked:

1. Whitepaper and its contents If the whitepaper is not clear and does not make sense, we better move away. 2. Info about team, ability, credibility If the team that handles ICO is not given, or kept a secret, we better move away.
3. The project is against the law or not If the project can be against the law, we better move away.
4. Identity is genuine or not If identity is given but false, can not be confirmed to the person concerned, do not have experience, we better stay away
5. Whether market capnya change or not If the minimum and maximum money changed during the offer period ICO or beforehand, we'd better get away.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: