Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:20:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we need regulations?  (Read 2844 times)
v3liana

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:01:16 AM

I do believe somehow we still need a regulation that could makes investing in cryptocurrency more secure. With a good regulation i do believe cryptocurrency would be more freely developing and it will attract more people into it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ezekhiele

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

" As long as you love me"

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:11:00 AM

Yes, we really need a regulation to have a uniformity or to be organized accordingly. Regulations are important so that no one could abuse the right of somebody. It is also the only thing who can manage the group or team properly and to have a peaceful bounty or ICO.

emanjun

Activity: 252

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:43:19 AM

Of course we need regulations, there are a lot of scams out there. But those have to be regulations and not manipulations..
Yes we need regulations in order for us to prevent scams. As what you have said there are a lot of scams and it so unfair if the accuse will not have a punishment. Regulations are highly needed here in bitcoin in order for us to respect each and everyone here in crypto.It is also needed in order to avoid violating someones right.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
curry30

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:59:28 AM

For me we need regulations it because to prevent scammers that we protect some off us and also for this furom,so that we can't hack our account.
btc.xbt.btc

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:03:01 PM

I believe ICO should definitely be regulated. Mainly because lately there are so many new projects coming out that it would level up the plain field to regulate the entry requirements.
turagsoy123456

Activity: 280

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:48:08 PM

Actually market is very free, but I agree with that we need regulations related to ico. I think such regulations will have a good effect on the market in the long term.

Yes friend,  you're right implementing a regulation related to ICOs is very important. We need them for protection also from any other incidents that might happen just like scamming. We need it for fairness and justice sake.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:07:03 PM

A lot of people are asking for regulations (of course, in case of scam we'd like to have a kind of authority to talk with)
But we forget that the system has ALREADY all the rules it need: they are in the open source software that makes the system works.
To add external rules will create only confusion and conflicts.
So, better to enjoy the freedom that the system allows, until it will be possible: governments are very impatient to put all kind of regulations, and I'm pretty sure that - when they will succeed, we won't like it Sad

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
waskaplung

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:18:34 PM

How do you guys think? Do we need regulations in the crypto world? Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too? Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry? Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?

Please, share your thoughts. I'm a bit confused about what's happening right now.

I think it’s about time for some regulations to filter out those ICOs that doesn’t really have a good shot and yet prefer to pursue despite the fact that they might cause inconvenience for bounty participants. We should all feel secure and there’s no need for further study whenever we decide to participate.
To make the field more versatile and efficient, it is dire need of time to remove such fake and useless ICOs that are creating nothing except a bad word to the bitcoins. Like you have said, bounty participants must be given such cleared ICOs so that the results become satisfactory at the end. Better sources will be producing better results and thus these rough ICOs have to be cleaned.
Of course we need regulations, Such regulations are in place to ensure that the markets run effectively. They also aim to protect consumers through safety regulations.
gargavaar

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:19:09 PM

The best solution would be some kind of industry organisation, a foundation by of the different blockchain teams, large and successful ICO companies and academics from the universities.
Government regulation is often ham-fisted in execution and biased by ideological beliefs as well as different between countries when the blochchain technology is global and decentralized.
If the blockchain world could organize some kind effort to sanitize itself it would be for the best.
boonsterx

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:58:17 PM

We need regulations.

But depending on where you live right now, the regulations can be constructive and encourage the growth of crypto and protect investors, or it can be constrictive and prevent the growth of crypto.

Countries that are forward looking, like Japan and Singapore, are putting in regulations that will help the industry and protect people.

But some other countries are not as progressive and their regulations sometimes even appear suspicious..

camilojunior1

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:18:18 PM

Of course. In every formed organization, regulations to be followed and performed are important so everything inside it will be in order and so everyone who were member of it will have a background on what they need to do.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:39:18 PM

A lot of people are asking for regulations (of course, in case of scam we'd like to have a kind of authority to talk with)
But we forget that the system has ALREADY all the rules it need: they are in the open source software that makes the system works.
To add external rules will create only confusion and conflicts.
So, better to enjoy the freedom that the system allows, until it will be possible: governments are very impatient to put all kind of regulations, and I'm pretty sure that - when they will succeed, we won't like it Sad
When government don’t take interest in bitcoins, and people started using them as per their own will, then how can you think things get in a better way. No, no way, we are the enemies of ourselves as we don’t let the things work smoothly. We want someone who is observing us continuously and punish us when we get right or left but we don’t understand how to behave ethical.
Topaz72

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:17:09 PM

I do believe somehow we still need a regulation that could makes investing in cryptocurrency more secure. With a good regulation i do believe cryptocurrency would be more freely developing and it will attract more people into it.
In actual it will decrease the number of bitcoin scammers do it will increase the people who will invest and trust bitcoin, I know it is not right time for it but in future it is quite possible that bitcoin will a regular currency and we will be able to see the price so high just because of highly regulated currency, it will make the bitcoin more profitable as people will try to buy and save to make profit and market will accept the importance of bitcoin as well.
vicvicto17

Activity: 362

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:53:14 PM

I think we should have regulations on an exchange but not in crypto in general. But governments should study the potential part of a blockchain.
Hati

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:05:03 PM

Yes, I think so. I believe that adequate regulation of cryptocurrencies will not only significantly reduce scams and abuses, but it will mean more stability and it will bring greater acceptance and massive adoption on the part of people and investors who still look at this world with suspicion.
bib24

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:31:48 PM

Yes we do. Regulations are made and implemented to make everything in order. Regulations are needed to secure our account and eliminate or reduce online scammers.

MidKnight

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:53:38 AM

Yes, I believe that regulations will be our last key towards mass adoption. Internet, gasoline, and anything in the market is regulated and nothing is exempted even the cryptocurrencies.
plaintiff77

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:28:31 AM

We all need regulations in order for us to be organized and be disciplined. Rules and regulations are needed for us to be good followers. Preventing other people to abuse their power and previliges is very important that is why we need rules and regulations. Just like in bitcoin, we should follow one rule for us to succeed in this crypto.
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:01:34 AM

How do you guys think? Do we need regulations in the crypto world? Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too? Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry? Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?

Please, share your thoughts. I'm a bit confused about what's happening right now.
Regulation of will help prevent/reduce scams and unscrupulous projects from ruining the trust of the good cryptocurrencies. Background checks and KYCs are sometimes good help regulate the crypto markets.
Armstand

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:24:07 AM

We all need regulations in order for us to be organized and be disciplined. Rules and regulations are needed for us to be good followers. Preventing other people to abuse their power and previliges is very important that is why we need rules and regulations. Just like in bitcoin, we should follow one rule for us to succeed in this crypto.
It may remove the true meaning of being anonymous and decentralized in crypto but for now, we really need regulations, it will at least remove us from harm, (take note the at least since it will really be hard even they are regulation to detect those who really want to do against the law) Too many scammers and frauds around so be careful always.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: