Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:58:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we need regulations?  (Read 2843 times)
Rizqi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

Freedom

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 09:54:18 PM

we live in need of rules, regulations to regulate, let alone market and digital money do require regulation to regulate the volume of coins and so on, but for now which country can manage that, and there is no state and policy correctness to the market, countries or big countries begin to make the regulation must be applied in its own country and its cost is not small and many intervention countries that do want to make the regulation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ceferov

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 09:54:23 PM

none of the governments will allow to crypto breath freely without any regulation.And after regulations crypto may get larger usages. We should cross the barriers

https://www.ETH2X.com - Multiplayer roulette gambling platform.
Dart315

Activity: 122
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:12:20 PM

You can screenshot my comment. Google and other big bois will use regulations to build their blockchain projects next year.

So my short answer — we don't need them. Let people and the market decide!

I agree that the big 'tech' companies that haven't tested the blockchain waters yet are just biding their time for regulations to come out...amazon, google, facebook...all of them will try to take over the crypto-world

I'd prefer no regulations as well, but thankfully, there is no real good way for government to block privacy currencies...so hopefully we will atleast have that

Can you mention any post-ICO projects that can compete with Amazon and others you mentioned?
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:14:53 PM

Regulations is one of the best things that we can have at this moment, i dont know why a lot of people are saying that regulations are the death of cryptos, it is not. They are more than needed to give us a stable market in here instead of a manipulated one.
none of the governments will allow to crypto breath freely without any regulation.And after regulations crypto may get larger usages. We should cross the barriers
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:18:43 PM

Yes we need such regulations for miners who consume lots of power supplies etc, if the rules are applied to cryptocurrency, I'm pretty sure there will be many countries that will legalize cryptocurrency or may be adopted too. The rules that will make use of crypto will get better I think, to prevent the number of bans on cryptocurrency.
Dart315

Activity: 122
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:42:27 PM

Regulations is one of the best things that we can have at this moment, i dont know why a lot of people are saying that regulations are the death of cryptos, it is not. They are more than needed to give us a stable market in here instead of a manipulated one.

A manipulated one, who is manipulating the market?
VUToken

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:34:26 AM

No thing of substance can escape regulation. All things that are consumed by the public, eventually must be regulated. So if we want cryptos to succeed, the best course of action would be to embrace these regulatory efforts, and assist as much as possible in expediting the process,. We must accomplish this while confidence in the sphere is still high. Failure to do so might allow interest to stagnate, prolonging the adoption process and diluting profit.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:46:16 AM

How do you guys think? Do we need regulations in the crypto world? Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too? Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry? Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?

Please, share your thoughts. I'm a bit confused about what's happening right now.
the rule is necessary in bitcoin, because the rule is necessary to keep people using bitcoin from making mistakes.

Your explanation is so vague. Regulations are needed since Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency. Without regulations, Bitcoin might be used in a crime by criminals and use it to fool people to give them money. No one will help you since Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency, unless Bitcoin is regulated by the government, it is hard to to trust your digital currency
ExoticMotors

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:50:03 AM

I feel that regulations are necessary to an extent. That extent being regulation against industry defamation. Anything can cause crypto to come to a halt if they continue to slander the negative uses of crypto. Every currency is used the same way so crypto should not be labeled as the lone wolf for these activities.
cryptojaani

Activity: 252
Merit: 71

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:52:07 AM

Everything needs to follow the rules and regulation in terms of bitcoin. This regulations will help to the people who work here to make things good/better and also it is so helpful to know more about what they needed to do and follow. So i hope all of the users will follow their rules and regulation to prevent bad situation in our life.
I think it's good to have rules about it and nowadays that scammers are spreading continuously, especially in the crpyto world because of my money here. Can we still have free market with governments. I am opposed to this because the crpyto currency is a virtual money it does not hold much like fiat money many people lack knowledge about these cryptos. So the government will ignore this process.
Elsie123

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:24:34 AM

How do you guys think? Do we need regulations in the crypto world? Should only ICO be regulated or legit coins (not "security tokens") too? Can we implement regulations mechanisms in code so that corrupted governmental institutions couldn't manipulate the industry? Can we still have free market with governments' regulations across the world?

Please, share your thoughts. I'm a bit confused about what's happening right now.
Yes we will still have the free market with regulations. When they say about the regulations then they literally mean that it’s use and the way it is exchanged should be regulated.
Bijikopi

Activity: 232
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:44:45 AM

I think we need regulation, otherwise crypto world will experience chaos later on. as you say, I think we can apply the regulation mechanism, so that the cryptocurrency is more organized. if it is about a free market, maybe we will continue to have a free market but maybe there is no standard rule in it.
maybe after there G20 some time ago, will be held regulation for cryptocurrency.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:58:35 AM

the rule is necessary in bitcoin, because the rule is necessary to keep people using bitcoin from making mistakes.

Your explanation is so vague. Regulations are needed since Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency. Without regulations, Bitcoin might be used in a crime by criminals and use it to fool people to give them money. No one will help you since Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency, unless Bitcoin is regulated by the government, it is hard to to trust your digital currency
If its not regulated it doesnt mean that it will be used in illegal things rampantly.We do see regulation is already gradually increasing into some countries we dont have any choice but to embrace such changes.Even bitcoin is being regulated but it cant really be removed into its decentralized properties.Regulation is much better compared into a total ban but even in the situation on where it is already regulated there would be still hidden transactions that cant be traced up by the government and thats the good thing on using up cryptocurrencies which we do either choose on regulated or not kind of transactions.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:54:33 AM

Everything needs to be regulated, otherwise at some point the good intentions of an idea will become some sort of a disaster, which will make it a failed idea overall. We need some regulations in some aspects of crytpocurrency, for example the actual number of cryptocurrencies (I don't mean tokens, there can be billions of tokens for all I care; as tokens are generally directly related to the number of projects) allowed to operate in the space. by regulating the number of currencies, it will help provide some sort of stability to the cryptocurrency market. In regulating, one thing I don't want to see or experience is the banks taking advantage of this space, as this is one of the major reasons was created. Banks charge us high processing fees because they claim to keep our money safe. Now thanks to blockchain technology and a transparent ledger system, they can't really claim this again. So yes, when regulating ensure that the fees are kept very low - let's move of the capitalist banking system/way of doing transactions.
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:11:39 AM

Regulations will make this market worthless because that is why everyone jumped here in the first place. A decentralized currency market is what people craved for and they have got it in the form of cryptocurrency market. If government starts regulating it then for obvious reasons people would lose interest in this market.
But government can put in some guidelines so that only legitimate users are able to access the exchanges. Verification checks like KYC should be made mandatory and taxes can be imposed so that the government knows what the people are up to.
gurang

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:15:16 AM

yeah of course the regulation is needed because if there is nothing to follow and of course not every member will understand, therefore more need to have regulation. Everything needs to be regulated
ToddDiaz

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:23:58 AM

An unregulated market is an unsafe market, if there are no regulations in a market then that means that people can do anything they want and manipulate the market with no fear or consequences for these actions.
nightfury

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:31:32 AM

An unregulated market is an unsafe market, if there are no regulations in a market then that means that people can do anything they want and manipulate the market with no fear or consequences for these actions.

That's is true and being a decentralized market is not always good. With the news that i read on the internet that regulations for cryptomarkets are on the way, we can expect a better transaction with each trader have their information known to the public.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
arcanayou

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:39:32 AM

the regulation must exist, we need regulation so that bitcoin and cryptocureency can be used as well as possible, the regulation also ensures that cryptocureency does not harm others, not used for money laundering or other illegal acts. the reason many countries forbid bitcoin is because there is no clear regulation for the common good. if there are regulations that can guarantee bitcoin is not used for criminal actions then many countries will accept bitcoin as an alternative payment
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:55:10 AM

I think regulation on crypto trade is needed because that can avoid from member to be scammed. But on crypto it self, its hard to regulate because its decentralized system. Its very different between crypto exchange and cryptocurrency it self

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: