Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:19:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What we need to check before investing in ico?  (Read 1514 times)
orka39 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:57:14 PM

In simple words everything. It should be checked in and out about that ICO. Once one is sure of the stuff only then one should invest in it. Check the development team the investor and finally, its community.

Thanks for your answer regarding that but i think i have mentioned all of those thing in first page.
However, i will definitetly check the developer team, community and working product. Because without working product it seems like nothing to be developed

raahi

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:31:54 PM

The team is one of the most important factors to judge made it for investing in ICO what is their track record where did they go to school have they found any successful companies in the past does that particular team have any technical specifications to do what they claim to be it is better to know that your team consist of people that have solid education backgrounds.
raahi

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:32:46 PM

The team is one of the most important factors to judge made it for investing in ICO what is their track record where did they go to school have they found any successful companies in the past does that particular team have any technical specifications to do what they claim to be it is better to know that your team consist of people that have solid education backgrounds.

Another important factor while charging a cryptocurrency or an initial coin offering is the size of the market it is important to question whether there is a demand for the product that is being built what the solution that is being offered by the company many venture capital investors asked this question before making a good investment since there is a need to be many people are willing to interact with our use the product.
hhussain

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:45:53 AM

One of the most important factors, when you make an investment in an initial coin offering or any company in the crypto currency market is the competition and partnerships, will do this is a tedious task and may take a lot of investigating it is certainly worth the pain because it is important to know how many other solutions exist in the market and whether this is the best solution to go with
nonik

Activity: 367
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:44:14 AM

We need to chek the website, we can learn and research about their project program like whitepaper and roadmap the company, what product they produce, who is the team work whether they will work solidly in marketing the product, and who is bounty manager handles the project if he includes bounty manager who has had a lot of experience and including the calculated.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
s.Zavgorod

Merit: 10

"IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchang

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:28:42 AM

Hello everybody,

I know mostly people here know what they need to do before investing in any ico but there are still many people ask the same question in different thread specially newbie. They get the answer but in several post which maybe make them a little confusing.

I am not an expert but i could put what i know here. All i know is from reading here in the forum.

Well just start, everything you need to research and make sure before investing in ico project wheater the ico has :

* working product
* Unique or good idea/solution for existing problem or future problem.
* Strong team behind the project
* Strong planning and marketing ability
* Partnerships with reputed company
* good whitepaper and roadmap too
* experience advisor

Edited :
* make sure the idea is different with the exist ico or the old project
* check the supply of the token because it cause the price run

From all mention above, i have 1 thing that is most important in my opinion. That is  ico should have working product because working product can lead the ico would be success ( not 100% success but mostly success ).
Maybe this thread will help you to find working product ico : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2451482.0

After you do research about above things, you can check the rating and other detail in below website :

* Icobench.com
* Icorating.com
* Icobazaar.com
* Icoscanner.io

Other source to check popularity of the project is youtube and also this forum.

I know its not complete but i hope it can help member who need it.

Note : your suggestion is appreciate to add the detail above.

Thank you

Edit :

* this is the other suggestion, i know some of them is already mention above but i think this is good to add it here. Thanks

These 5 Things You Must Know Before Investing in an ICO
1 - Is it a Copy Cat, an Incremental Improvement, or Disruptive Tech?
2 - How detailed is the plan? What is the road map?
3 - How developed is the technology?
4 - Who comprises the Team and Advisory board?
5 - Do they really need to raise Why?

What should I do to participate in the ICO?

Very responsible approach to the selection of the project.
To study all possible information on the project.
To communicate with other potential investors at the forums, where information on the project is published.
If knowledge is allowed, then study the project code and its business model.
Assess the risks of investing.

Check for:

- Realistic goals
- Good tech
- Good trustworthy, preferably known dev team

The existing product note is important because we can see a lot of projects which did raise a lot of funds but after that their token price is dropping like boobs with age.

I agree on OPs list but i would like to add some more.
1) Idea explanation. It is very important that the project can explain their idea in simple way. If they cannot do it ,they are over complicating things which is one of the reasons why startups fail or they just dont care about the idea and project. KEEP IT Stupid simple.

2) Look for their attitude towards details and graphic design in their project webpage, telegram , bounty and ann thread. it does show that they care about their project.

3) Country. I dont want to induce nationalist discussion. But country / region matters. Economy and regulations differ in regions.

4) In some cases projects already have raised some momey in different way which could be a good indicator . For example IcoPass has managed to attract money from " Horizon 2020" which is not a easy thing to do. In most cases this one will be similar to " existing product" criteria .
With most I agree. Business model, as well as the idea is very important. But what about the team, it should be clarified. If among them there is no person who previously supervised large projects, this is a very big disadvantage. Without such a person, the team will not be able to allocate funds profitably. Just do not see the test for the uniqueness of white paper, size, and coins code. If at least one of these items has a coincidence, it is worth considering. Yes, although if you have anyone has such code, it is better to abandon the project as a whole.

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬    
▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
Angel Balu

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:42:11 AM

Hello everybody,

I know mostly people here know what they need to do before investing in any ico but there are still many people ask the same question in different thread specially newbie. They get the answer but in several post which maybe make them a little confusing.

I am not an expert but i could put what i know here. All i know is from reading here in the forum.

Well just start, everything you need to research and make sure before investing in ico project wheater the ico has :

* working product
* Unique or good idea/solution for existing problem or future problem.
* Strong team behind the project
* Strong planning and marketing ability
* Partnerships with reputed company
* good whitepaper and roadmap too
* experience advisor

Edited :
* make sure the idea is different with the exist ico or the old project
* check the supply of the token because it cause the price run

From all mention above, i have 1 thing that is most important in my opinion. That is  ico should have working product because working product can lead the ico would be success ( not 100% success but mostly success ).
Maybe this thread will help you to find working product ico : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2451482.0

After you do research about above things, you can check the rating and other detail in below website :

* Icobench.com
* Icorating.com
* Icobazaar.com
* Icoscanner.io

Other source to check popularity of the project is youtube and also this forum.

I know its not complete but i hope it can help member who need it.

Note : your suggestion is appreciate to add the detail above.

Thank you

Edit :

* this is the other suggestion, i know some of them is already mention above but i think this is good to add it here. Thanks

These 5 Things You Must Know Before Investing in an ICO
1 - Is it a Copy Cat, an Incremental Improvement, or Disruptive Tech?
2 - How detailed is the plan? What is the road map?
3 - How developed is the technology?
4 - Who comprises the Team and Advisory board?
5 - Do they really need to raise Why?

What should I do to participate in the ICO?

Very responsible approach to the selection of the project.
To study all possible information on the project.
To communicate with other potential investors at the forums, where information on the project is published.
If knowledge is allowed, then study the project code and its business model.
Assess the risks of investing.

Check for:

- Realistic goals
- Good tech
- Good trustworthy, preferably known dev team

The existing product note is important because we can see a lot of projects which did raise a lot of funds but after that their token price is dropping like boobs with age.

I agree on OPs list but i would like to add some more.
1) Idea explanation. It is very important that the project can explain their idea in simple way. If they cannot do it ,they are over complicating things which is one of the reasons why startups fail or they just dont care about the idea and project. KEEP IT Stupid simple.

2) Look for their attitude towards details and graphic design in their project webpage, telegram , bounty and ann thread. it does show that they care about their project.

3) Country. I dont want to induce nationalist discussion. But country / region matters. Economy and regulations differ in regions.

4) In some cases projects already have raised some momey in different way which could be a good indicator . For example IcoPass has managed to attract money from " Horizon 2020" which is not a easy thing to do. In most cases this one will be similar to " existing product" criteria .
Useful information, I think that it would be necessary to fix it, so any stupid questions do not flood in other very different topics and were asked what the ICO when, why, how ...
nawosecad68

Activity: 155

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:27:55 AM

The first thing to do before investing is to check the existence of the website and the extent of its development, then view and check its project team, see the ratings on some ico list sites, and lastly read the whitepaper to analyze the potential benefits of the project.
litolapis1

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:30:46 AM

Nice tip to all. And all we need is to research always and know about their plans and reading whitepappers.
gg20222

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:44:54 AM

Well, obviously check their whitepaper. Or their website. Evertyhing you want to know is in there. If you like what their planning on their project. Then go head invest there.
adizero

Activity: 124

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 05:53:38 AM

There are a lot to check before investing, learn about their project in white paper and road map. Do many research about their team, how experience they are. Do they have any working product? and how about the token sales.
monineklutak

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252

The OGz Club

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:06:19 AM

All the explanations you describe are valid enough to choose which projects I will follow in investing, but all this time I always see how many investors have been included in the project whether many big investors who support if many then obviously the project has great potential.

The OGz Club▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
-Maks-

Activity: 89

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:24:20 AM

Thank You! I will use this material to find new ICO. Also would like to add that the team should always be a man who knows how to handle a large sum of money (introduced the company in the past and the like).
AnnaSitnikova

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:28:03 AM

Before investing in ICO, I advise you to check the resources for evaluating ICO, to study well the white paper and the team
rucapri0

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:31:51 AM

I do not agree about the future problem. Such projects are not relevant at the moment, which means that the success of the project is postponed for many years and the chances of success are falling
cryptolet

Activity: 229

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:37:22 AM

Before investting in an ICO you need to found out what it does, how it works, if the token is neccessary, if the team can execute good project, what the money is used for, how tokens are allocated and if there is pre-sale.
Ember3322

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:50:01 AM

You need to check their website if it looks professional or not.Check team members and their social media profiles and their previous experience.Also read whitepaper and think about applications of their token.There are ico rating websites where they analyze them.
kamalkk

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:29:25 AM

Beore investing, I am look at the team and try to find some kind of information about what all these developers have already done and if their profile on linkedIn was created a couple of days ago. And because I'm already going to their site and see what the attendance of their site is for the day. If the attendance is really big and everything is done as it should, then I go to read the white paper .
semarm3sem

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:38:52 AM

Before investing, i am see whitepaper. It's great to have a whitepaper and detail out a project.The whitepaper contains all of the core information you should need to know about the coin. Once you've done that, go to forums to read about some of the holes that may exist within those Whitepapers. See if the developers are actively addressing the concerns or simply ignoring them.  The more information available, the greater the debate, and the more transparent a team is about their tech, the better it is for the investor. 
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:53:53 PM

The most important is the verification of the legal address of the project, I think that this way it will be possible for the investor to check whether they actually exist at this address or whether this is all not true.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: