Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:42:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Design a physical Bitcoin - (CONTEST IS CLOSED)  (Read 21586 times)
acorn

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

I make pretty things.

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 01:13:35 PM

I was looking forward to seeing how this project turns out too. How long will you keep us waiting?  Embarrassed
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:09:51 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 04:19:52 PM by CoinHoarder

Carlos L,

I did not set a time limit on this contest, so you can call me a scammer all you want, but your accusations are baseless. How about you go bother someone else?

I'm having personal medical issues and just went to the doctor yesterday. I am supposed to receive the blood test results today and find out more about what's going on. How about you have a little respect for that and leave me alone. Quit calling me scammer all over the place, all it makes me want to do is take longer to make my decision to piss you off.

Again, I have not broken any rules of the contest as there was no time limit.

Whatever...

Ch

PS: Which one of your sock puppets submitted a design Carlos L??
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:06:31 PM

Carlos L,

I did not set a time limit on this contest, so you can call me a scammer all you want, but your accusations are baseless. How about you go bother someone else?

I'm having personal medical issues and just went to the doctor yesterday. I am supposed to receive the blood test results today and find out more about what's going on. How about you have a little respect for that and leave me alone. Quit calling me scammer all over the place, all it makes me want to do is take longer to make my decision to piss you off.

Again, I have not broken any rules of the contest as there was no time limit.

Whatever...

Ch

PS: Which one of your sock puppets submitted a design Carlos L??
I'm sorry for not being omniscient.

That's right, I can call you a scammer whenever I want. And I'm not alone. Accusing you I mean.
Don't worry, you're not pissing me off, you're pissing of everyone who made a design and don't see any replies from you in weeks though.

I don't have any sock puppet account in this contest, however, I do have my brother.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1823
Merit: 2793

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 07:46:48 PM

FWIW
I do wish the contest would have been finalized sooner, but I don't believe CH to be a scammer... I am part of his Avalon group buy and he has been prompt & thorough with every payment from it. If he is a scammer, there is a small, small chance that he could disappear before fully paying out everyone and then keep the remaining mining income for himself, but I would think he would have disappeared by now  Roll Eyes

... IF he were a scammer, I don't see him being this obvious about it. A true scammer in his position probably wouldn't throw away his reputation over a 5BTC design contest.

Sorry to hear about the medical issues CH. I assumed you were delaying to try and get more publicity for CryptoVest... Don't they say 'any publicity is good publicity'?   
being called a scammer and getting a scam accusation thread opened up on you might be good publicity once you pay out the 5BTC.  Grin

I'd let Carlos flame me, and then pay out a little more than 5BTC to the winner and offer an apology for the delays... even though there was no time limit.

Grin

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:21:53 AM

With Zinodaur submission I assume there is no more out there, thus an update?

The winner of this competition gets 5 BTC which is roughly $3500 to date.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Martijnvdc

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:24:13 AM

aannnddd... when will the winner be announced??
acorn

I make pretty things.

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 06:27:20 AM

When BTC is up to $10,000 Wink
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:58:16 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 04:53:10 PM by Carlos L.

When BTC is up to $10,000 Wink
And then he will realize he could contract a professional team to make all the designs of his dreams.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:48:32 AM

I am leaving Negative Trust for CoinHoarder as I feel that most don't look at the scammer threads.  He has stated he did not set a timeline but 3 months and price going thru the roof means to me it will be years.  I submited a coin but I had fun designing it though but somebody should have been credited, by now imo.

I will remove Negative trust once I see a transaction in this thread and a submitting person (who posted prior to this post) confirming it,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=67959

On 10-25-13 he was going to get a hold
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=289668.msg3411767#msg3411767

On 11-7-13 he stated he was having some health problems and was tied up (understandable)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=289668.msg3510190#msg3510190

Since then he has been quite active on the forums here and LTC including introducing his LTC coin that he listed Nov 6th
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=286027.msg3494006#msg3494006
I will not name names, but I estimate some physical cryptocoin retailers are selling their products at a %700-%1000 mark up.

From that post he has realized that the coin business is not all about the design of the coins but trust in Private Keys and selling.  And so giving away free coins that arent loaded are hard to sell and even give away.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=286027.msg3602431#msg3602431

Since Nov. 15th he has been quite active in this forum and others.

Agreed. I do not see why there is a delay on choosing a design. It's been over two months since the contest started.

5 BTC prize now worth over $4,000.

I'll give credit where credit is due once the prize of the contest has been legitimately awarded.

Good luck to all the entrants!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:58:19 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 01:52:33 AM by CoinHoarder

EDIT: If want the full story why I haven't paid the bounty yet, please PM me. I originally posted it here, but I decided it is too personal to leave out in the open. Please PM me and I will send you my original post here.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 06:56:32 PM

Thanks for the update CH, maybe if you let us know what admin rubbish you'd like taking off your hands, someone can help you out for a while.

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:02:34 AM

Hi everyone,

I am really sorry by the way I can't pay the bounty yet, but Bitcoin was worth something like $120 when I made the OP... now it's worth $815. I am working really hard to get some income coming in so I can get the bounty paid. Please be patient with me, it will be paid at some point. I have never scammed anyone in this community and do not plan to start now.

That being said, I decided to narrow it down to the top 5 designs so the others can use their design elsewhere if they would like.

The top 5 designs (in the order they were submitted):
ibminer
likehero
mjbmonetarymetals
acorn
zinodaur
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:00:40 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 03:55:35 AM by CoinHoarder

Yes, I PMed him telling him I hope he realized that leaving negative trust is going to effect how long it takes to pay the bounty. It will turn away some customers for sure. But it is what it is, I don't really care if he removes the negative trust or not, I have enough good trust ratings as is. Also I criticized his analysis of my thinking process when he posted "From that post he has realized that the coin business is not all about the design of the coins but trust in Private Keys and selling.  And so giving away free coins that arent loaded are hard to sell and even give away."

My point was that if people don't trust me, then they wouldn't let me handle the 1500+ BTC for my group buys. If that's not trust, then I'm not sure what is... I've done many transactions over the forums without escrow and held up my end of the bargain every time. Only once has someone required me to use escrow and it was actually a transaction I initiated yesterday, as you have added your negative feedback to my account and Carlos opened a scam accusation.

I am still a very honest trustworthy guy, I just do not have 5 BTC to pay this bounty right now. If you think that makes me a scammer, then whatever. I have stated I will pay it as soon as I can. I know you think you're helping but you're not. The thinly veiled jab at me in your post... "if I am asked about your business capabilities I will suggest they look elsewhere" ...... The truth is I have done over 2000 BTC worth of transactions for group buys and selling/buying things on the forums, ALL of it without escrow, with ZERO problems. If my personal problems (which are just that, PERSONAL, not applicable to my business) make you uncomfortable to do business with me then I understand, but don't try to push those views on others. I know you think you're helping, but honestly I can work this out with the people still in the contest on my own. I am still planning on honoring the 5 BTC bounty.

My business was not started to make money, it was started to further the adoption of cryptocoins by offering affordable services and businesses. Not because I have a huge stash of coins I want to increase in value, but because I support the original ideals of cryptocoins due to their libertarian-like nature. I do not care if I never break even because I overpaid for the design by $4000. Again, I will get the bounty paid as soon as possible. Just please chill out on the scam accusations, it hurts my ability to pay the bounty.
scotjam

Activity: 269

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:12:39 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 08:41:56 PM by scotjam

Yes, I PMed him telling him I hope he realized that leaving negative trust is going to effect how long it takes to pay the bounty. It will turn away some customers for sure. But it is what it is, I don't really care if he removes the negative trust or not, I have enough good trust ratings as is. Also I criticized his analysis of my thinking process when he posted "From that post he has realized that the coin business is not all about the design of the coins but trust in Private Keys and selling.  And so giving away free coins that arent loaded are hard to sell and even give away."

My point was that if people don't trust me, then they wouldn't let me handle the 1500+ BTC for my group buys. If that's not trust, then I'm not sure what is... I've done many transactions over the forums without escrow and held up my end of the bargain every time. Only once has someone required me to use escrow and it was actually a transaction I initiated yesterday, as you have added your negative feedback to my account and Carlos opened a scam accusation.

I am still a very honest trustworthy guy, I just do not have 5 BTC to pay this bounty right now. If you think that makes me a scammer, then whatever. I have stated I will pay it as soon as I can. I know you think you're helping but you're not. The thinly veiled jab at me in your post... "if I am asked about your business capabilities I will suggest they look elsewhere" ...... The truth is I have done over 2000 BTC worth of transactions for group buys and selling/buying things on the forums, ALL of it without escrow, with ZERO problems. If my personal problems (which are just that, PERSONAL, not applicable to my business) make you uncomfortable to do business with me then I understand, but don't try to push those views on others. I know you think you're helping, but honestly I can work this out with the people still in the contest on my own. I am still planning on honoring the 5 BTC bounty.

My business was not started to make money, it was started to further the adoption of cryptocoins by offering affordable services and businesses. Not because I have a huge stash of coins I want to increase in value, but because I support the original ideals of cryptocoins due to their libertarian-like nature. I do not care if I never break even because I overpaid for the design by $4000. Again, I will get the bounty paid as soon as possible. Just please chill out on the scam accusations, it hurts my ability to pay the bounty.

CoinHoarder - it saddens me to read the comments here. I didn't see the post about your personal problems before it was taken down, and frankly I don't need to see it.

Based on our past interactions and your consistently scrupulous behaviour I would be happy to lend you 1 BTC, interest free, for as long as you need it, because you're one of the three or four people on these forums who I know will definitely pay me back when you're able. I have also posted in the scam accusation thread to vouch for your character.

Best

scotjam
acorn

I make pretty things.

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 06:41:20 AM

Just popping in to say that I've made a 0.5 BTC coin design under the same design series as my original submission.

ptc4131

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 05:08:04 PM

Just popping in to say that I've made a 0.5 BTC coin design under the same design series as my original submission.

http://i42.tinypic.com/261ht36.jpg

Nice
0nlyBTC

Activity: 289

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:00:06 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 09:20:06 AM by 0nlyBTC

Completely Redesigned Coin:

COMPLETELY REDESIGNED COIN! / Render!

/////////

~OnlyBTC    Grin
Warning__3

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:49:36 PM

Soo, any news? i'd really love to see who won Smiley

0nlyBTC

Activity: 289

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:55:39 AM

The OP is working out personal issues but the OP notified me that the contest is still standing. The bounty will be eventually be paid but it will take some time. 
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:26:33 PM

The OP is working out personal issues but the OP notified me that the contest is still standing. The bounty will be eventually be paid but it will take some time. 

Glad to hear this.

Congratulations CH on your physical litecoins and their success.

Please update us all on the timeline of this contest as it stands.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: