Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:28:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Design a physical Bitcoin - (CONTEST IS CLOSED)  (Read 21586 times)
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:12:57 PM

Thank you NewLiberty for your feedback. I learned a few things.

I agree the designs probably should be submitted in a better format, however that would also limit the number of people that can submit designs. The nicer coins will be made from hand sculpted dies and die struck, so the format of the artwork won't matter too much.

However, I am making a cheaper version that I'm pretty sure the mold was CNCed, so I might see the effects you described. The coins are so small, I am hoping any defects won't be too noticeable. The nicer coins I'm not worried about, they should be really pretty.  Smiley

Thanks again!
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:34:50 PM

uvwvj

That's fine, perhaps I should change the OP to say the minimum quality of file format of artwork submitted should be PSD. Feel free to submit designs in other file formats. I think vector style images in Adobe Illustrator are pretty nice if you know how to use the program. Any design with vector quality format would be ideal and graciously accepted. Smiley
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1823
Merit: 2793

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 01:57:27 PM

uvwvj

That's fine, perhaps I should change the OP to say the minimum quality of file format of artwork submitted should be PSD. Feel free to submit designs in other file formats. I think vector style images in Adobe Illustrator are pretty nice if you know how to use the program. Any design with vector quality format would be ideal and graciously accepted. Smiley
My designs were done entirely from illustrator, all vector based... I used photoshop to add in the window on the hologram though :p

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 03:51:17 PM

you have gone ahead an CANNED other peoples products that they are "NOT SECURE" on no basis of fact

In all likelihood, with security measures, the later you are, the more opportunity you have to put in additional security measures.

I suspect that there are techniques in development today, Wink that won't be commercially available by the time this is released, but may be available by the time the 2014's come out.

Whether one avails oneself of ALL those new opportunities for defense of tamper-proofing is another matter.  Some but not all of them are in the sticker itself, some require other objects or processes that are not apparent to the folks buying them.  It is hubris to imagine that any of us alone know every possible thing about security, from the type of glue used to the thickness and fragility of the hologram to the means of securing and affixing it...

Arguing among ourselves is less productive to good security than working together.  It might make sense for those of us involved in coin-making to form a private group for improving the state of the art and cooperate a bit more, provided we can "play well with others".  Smiley

The Liberty Dollar's Warehouse Receipts had the most advanced security of its time.  More than any paper currency of any nation at that time.  It had holograms, microprinting, UV fluorescent ink trim, hot gold and silver foil stamping, and an invisible synthetic DNA security thread, and were also a work of artistic beauty 100% backed by bullion.  They were harder to counterfeit than US Fed Reserve Notes and far and away the best paper money in existance, but, if done today, there is more that could be done.  The state-of-the-art is always changing and it takes more than a little work to keep informed of all of the new developments.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
austin

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:18:57 AM

uvwvj

My entry was created in Adobe Illustrator and is available in vector format.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:38:48 AM

NewLiberty: Good points there. I agree it is a silly argument.

Goat: Thank you man! Good luck with your silver coins, I'm rooting for you!

Austin: Good to know, thank you sir!
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:11:36 AM

Thank you uvwvj, I like it!  Grin
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:32:04 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2013, 11:30:13 PM by mymenace

My submissions

still work to do but wanted to get the design started, binary spells one bitcoin

http://postimg.org/image/eg4swx85v/

http://postimg.org/image/tao0nbhfr/

http://postimg.org/image/5vp9ap75t/

http://postimg.org/image/b9ck1w5fl/

http://postimg.org/image/wv7of29oh/

http://postimg.org/image/zdtdfqvep/

http://postimg.org/image/pnskgtid9/

cheers

Grin
0nlyBTC

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:56:17 AM

Heres the front side of the coin with binary spelled CryptoVest. The back side will be post soon.

Neat, thank you!  Smiley

Well thank you CoinHoarder I appreciate that. I have more versions, be sure to check back to my original post.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:45:06 AM

Hi 0nlyBTC,

I like some of the other versions better than the original one. Good work- I'll get back to you in PM now.

Cheers
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 08:07:06 AM

Hi mymenace,

I think the binary that spells one bitcoin and is exactly the right size to fit in a complete circle is a neat idea. That is definitely a good start, a nice and simple clean design & binary with meaning. Smiley

I am interested to see what you come up with to fill in the space, possibly it may look best just the way it is. I think some people's designs may be a little cluttered, and I have mostly liked the simpler designs better. On a side note... I am digging the geometric lines on the back of ibminer's coin and 0nlyBTC's 3rd version back of the coin. I think a geometric pattern in coin form would look pretty cool. But I don't want to hold back creativity so please submit whatever YOU think looks good! Smiley

Thank you for submitting a design,

Ch
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 08:24:37 AM

Hi mymenace,

I think the binary that spells one bitcoin and is exactly the right size to fit in a complete circle is a neat idea. That is definitely a good start, a nice and simple clean design & binary with meaning. Smiley

I am interested to see what you come up with to fill in the space, possibly it may look best just the way it is. I think some people's designs may be a little cluttered, and I have mostly liked the simpler designs better. On a side note... I am digging the geometric lines on the back of ibminer's coin and 0nlyBTC's 3rd version back of the coin. I think a geometric pattern in coin form would look pretty cool. But I don't want to hold back creativity so please submit whatever YOU think looks good! Smiley

Thank you for submitting a design,

Ch

Thanks CoinHoarder

yeah i have been sitting here looking at the design and like the simplicity as well, at the moment I will leave it as is and submit another design If i add to it.

need to work on the back part which I think will need to be worthy of crypto vest

cheers

Grin
likehiro

Activity: 427
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 11:48:31 PM

My first two attempts Smiley Hope you like them.
First is a more experimental design, the other one is more like a classic design.
The topics for my two designs are the security and the freedom.

Please, follow our studio page on instagram   Hard Fork Studio 
Fisgos

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:46:55 AM

Sorry but I dont understand the requierments very well.

http://s16.postimg.org/vm62c0d8l/backclassic_zps4d2dfa23.png

- The coin should be 39mm in diameter. (1.53543 inches)
- The back side of the coin must have a 1 inch diameter "donut" so that when the coin insert is placed on the coin and the hologram over it, there is no bulge. Please see the example above. The inner part of the "donut" (where the coin insert will go) should be 25.4mm (1 inch)
- The hologram should be circular and 12mm (0.472441 inches) in diameter.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:29:50 AM

likehero, I like those designs! See PM. Smiley
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:37:56 AM

Sorry but I dont understand the requierments very well.

- The back side of the coin must have a 1 inch diameter "donut" so that when the coin insert is placed on the coin and the hologram over it, there is no bulge. Please see the example above. The inner part of the "donut" (where the coin insert will go) should be 25.4mm (1 inch)
- The hologram should be circular and 12mm (0.472441 inches) in diameter.

WOW....

Thank you for pointing out the dimensions in the OP were wrong. :blush:

It seems most people designed everything in the correct dimensions and realized I made a mistake... only one person followed the dimensions in the OP. I have PMed him... sorry LikeHero, that is truly my bad!! Update the OP as well.

The correct dimensions are:
- The back side of the coin must have a 1 inch diameter "donut" so that when the coin insert is placed on the coin and the hologram over it, there is no bulge.
- The inner part of the "donut" (where the coin insert will go) should be 12.7mm (0.5 inches)
- The outer part of the "donut" (where the hologram will go over) should be 25.4mm (1 inch)
- The hologram should be circular and 24.13mm (.95 inch) in diameter.
Anon135246

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:26:48 PM

I've seen some really good entries so far!
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:25:41 PM

I've seen some really good entries so far!

Yeah.. it's going to be hard to choose! Smiley
Fisgos

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 03:39:08 PM

mine is on the way  Tongue
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:40:03 PM

With site opening in 2 days I figure you want to pick and post for site opening correct?

Hi,

There are a few designers that haven't turned in their work yet. I would like to give them a chance, if they post it within the next couple days then sure. I think there's enough designs, but I want to give them a chance. Smiley

Also.. the site is launching for our Physical Litecoins. These coins the designs are for are likely a month+ out.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: