Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:03:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Design a physical Bitcoin - (CONTEST IS CLOSED)  (Read 21586 times)
josef2000

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 12:39:13 PM

I somehow see your website as unregistered?
Why is that

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:57:52 AM

Why is that

Looks like it got taken down.

Closing up shop?

As I said everything in the OP is clearly listed on what CH needs to do before he is out of debt here.

At this point this is scammer territory as it has been well over a year now since the contest ended.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:53:20 AM

Why is that

Closing up shop?

As I said everything in the OP is clearly listed on what CH needs to do before he is out of debt here.

At this point this is scammer territory as it has been well over a year now since the contest ended.

don't hold your breath.  Coinhoarder clearly is a scammer.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:30:21 AM

Why is that

Closing up shop?

don't hold your breath.  Coinhoarder clearly is a scammer.

Hard to argue with that.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 04:45:20 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2015, 05:00:45 AM by CoinHoarder

First of all, my apologies that it has taken me way too long to settle this debt. I was put in a very tough spot financially about a couple years ago, and have been struggling ever since then to get my feet back under me financially. I have been working very hard this year to get back on my feet, that along with the help of my family to provide me a place to live, has finally allowed me to finally be in a position to be able to pay this bounty.

I stopped responding here a long time ago because at the time there was nothing I could do to fix the situation, and nothing good would have come of it other than a good show of poo slinging for the spectators (which was all this thread was good for the last few pages.) I decided to let the naysayers continue talking without refuting their ignorant claims of me being a scammer, as most of them were people I've butted heads with in the past and they were just using this as a prime opportunity to pounce and drag my name through the mud. None of them know me personally, knew of my future intentions regarding making this debt whole whenever I was able to, or the full story of my personal financial situation as I have not shared everything here publicly on the forums. Some things are too personal to put out there on the internet and are quite frankly no one's business.

I had the option to take the easy way out. A friend of mine that submitted a design in the competition offered around December of 2013 to send me 5 Bitcoins, me declare him the winner, and then me send the 5 Bitcoins back to him. Despite the trolling and scammer accusations I was receiving, I decided that I would not take him up on this offer. I decided that I would keep my integrity and would judge the contest fairly, awarding the bounty to the design I like best whenever I was able to actually pay the bounty. I knew in my heart I was not a scammer. I knew that I was a honest person with good intentions that simply fell into a tough situation, and knowing that was all that mattered to me at the time. "Shit happens" as they say.

Along with that extreme act of kindness, I offer my sincere gratitude to those of you that had my back and offered kind words and support during this predicament via PMs and other communication methods. It was you guys that helped me through this hard time, when I could of easily walked away and truly been the scammer that all of the "haters" were accusing me of being. That would have been so easy to do honestly as nothing but a negative reputation on a Bitcoin forum, that hardly anyone knows or cares about in the real world, would have been the only thing that came of it. However, I am a man with integrity and that was never really an option that I considered at any point throughout all of this.

Two years later I am finally able to pay this debt. I will announce the winner when I have the coins available (EDIT: I was wrong about how long it will take the payment to clear) in about a week. To avoid the conspiracy theorists and more trolling, I will provide proof it is actually me buying the Bitcoins for the bounty. Along with the screenshot I will be sending the transaction with a comment referencing this contest and my name to whichever Bitcoin address the winner posts here ITT. I will not be able to fulfill all of the terms in the OP, or at least not immediately. I am honestly not sure I will ever mint another physical crypto currency in my lifetime as I'm not sure anyone truly trusts me to do so after this silly debacle. Among other things, such as losing my original domain name and some domain sniper wanting to charge me $2k+ to buy my old domain back. I will be adding 1 Bitcoin to the bounty and my word that if I am ever to mint a physical Bitcoin that I will do my best to fulfill all of the other terms of the original competition that remain unedited in the OP to this day.

I am looking forward to putting this behind me and becoming a contributing member to the crypto community, as my passion for decentralized technology has never wavered and am excited for what the future holds. Without further ado, here is the proof the bounty is on its way, and I look forward to announcing the winner soon.  Grin

acorn

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

I make pretty things.

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 01:17:22 AM

Looking forward to the conclusion of this long bounty lol and finding out who the winner is. Thank you for the update.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 01:22:51 AM

Glad to see that you're finally paying out for the winner of the contest. Good to see that even after a long absence, you can still come back to redeem yourself.

Djisamsoe

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 06:51:32 AM

is there the winner from this contest?very interesting with the bounty  Grin Grin
ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 12:28:34 PM

Lets give credit where it is due. Well done for being a man of your word.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1823
Merit: 2793

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 08:30:41 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2015, 08:42:37 PM by ibminer

I am happy to see you are going to be able to finally end this thread CH. It will be exciting to see you active in the community again, I really do believe you have a lot to offer to the Bitcoin community, and hopefully can regain some of the lost trust. I had a lot of faith in you back at the time of this contest or I would have never devoted my time to even attempting a design, let alone getting involved with the Seven Dwarfs  Shocked

After about the 1 year mark of not seeing an end to this contest, I lost a lot of faith in you and started questioning my own judgement. I am happy to see that my judgement back then was accurate, and that you are a man who cares about the Bitcoin community and actually has some type of integrity, which can at times be scarce around these forums.

Looking forward to hearing the outcome and really looking forward to seeing what your plans are in the future.

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 02:28:03 AM

Alright, the BTC is loaded ready to go in Coinbase. I'd like to thank everyone that submitted many great designs. It was a very hard decision to have to pick my favorite out of many quality designs. I really could have went with a three or four way tie as I likes several designs very much, but unfortunately I have to pick one winner. Without further ado, I have chosen Acorn's design to be the winner. I liked all of the detail and the design of his coin. Acorn, I have PMed you and will send the 6 Bitcoins as soon as I am able after you post a Bitcoin address in this thread!

Even though I am paying 6 Bitcoins to the winner I still feel bad about this situation. It was not fair to keep you guys hanging for a couple years wondering if you won the contest or not. So, I have decided to also give all people who submitted designs in this contest 0.4 Bitcoins for participating in the contest. If you feel like I missed you then please PM me. The list of Bitcointalk user names that submitted designs I have as follows:

1. Austin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=64329
2. ibminer - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=84866
3. 0nlyBTC - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=116986
4. mymenace - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=114706
5. likehiro - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=114706
6. fisgos - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=99142
7. miffman - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=83038
8. mjbmonetarymetals - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=28640
9. acorn - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=69855
10. Zinodaur - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=91116

Your 0.4 BTC is on its way, feel free to post a Bitcoin address ITT and 0.4 BTC will be sent as soon as it's available. Coinbase says I'll have it in 4 days:

Thank you all for the encouraging words and messages since my return a week ago, it will feel nice to put this ordeal behind me and get back to being a contributing member of the crypto currency society.  Grin
austin

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 02:47:50 AM

Thank you, CoinHoarder. It's noble of you to offer these rewards to every participant after so long. I'm glad I could contribute.

My address: 16cuSLuR3qfK4d3hkbvHzBfadJLEEgZvAJ
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 02:57:22 AM

Thank you, CoinHoarder. It's noble of you to offer these rewards to every participant after so long. I'm glad I could contribute.

My address: 16cuSLuR3qfK4d3hkbvHzBfadJLEEgZvAJ

No problem.

I'll have it sent in around 4 or 5 days. Don't spend it all in one place!  Cheesy

Thanks and sorry again,

Will
likehiro

Activity: 427
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:00:46 AM

Thanks for your honesty and for the prizes for those who hasn't won the main prize Smiley My bitcoin address for my consolation prize is:

1AeZWHUnCZwCc9qYqxq3Wr6gz9a2gxbLc4

I wish you the best!

Please, follow our studio page on instagram   Hard Fork Studio 
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:15:50 AM

Thank you likehiro my man... long time no talk. Good to hear from you. Smiley

Take care
acorn

Activity: 121

I make pretty things.

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 05:23:05 AM

Shocked Cheesy thank you very much, CoinHoarder, that is incredibly generous.

My address is 131cPexbYgggHCQM3QsnQjyWnq1ZioHP53
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 07:20:40 AM

Here is my address: 17QJERuY6RVjAEPbpsCaHD8jCdJpHVPfhd

Thank you! Smiley I do like the winning design, congrats acorn! Is it going to be solid silver or silver plated?

And good luck! It's really good to see you pull through!

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 07:30:41 AM

As I said shortly after submitting my design my drive failed and I lost the .svg file so keep the 0.4 btc you never know it might be worth many times more in a few years and help you recover lost funds from this whole project.  Grin

Bitrated user: Mick.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 10:13:38 PM

Here is my address: 17QJERuY6RVjAEPbpsCaHD8jCdJpHVPfhd

Thank you! Smiley I do like the winning design, congrats acorn! Is it going to be solid silver or silver plated?

And good luck! It's really good to see you pull through!

Thanks Smiley

Honestly I am not sure if or when the coin will be minted. If I am able it will likely not be for another year or so, as I have other debt to take care of in real life. I am not sure of details about how it will be minted at this point.. sorry.

As I said shortly after submitting my design my drive failed and I lost the .svg file so keep the 0.4 btc you never know it might be worth many times more in a few years and help you recover lost funds from this whole project.  Grin

That's very kind of you sir. Thanks and take care. Cheesy
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 12:25:49 AM

Holy shit, I remember when this contest was opened and I had a look at it and designed a couple of coins but never dared to submit them cause of my newbie PS skills, haha. Glad to see you return to it with good news to the ones who did submit them. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: