Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:55:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Design a physical Bitcoin - (CONTEST IS CLOSED)  (Read 21585 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 05:34:16 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2013, 06:04:24 AM by smoothie

Well it mentioned something about being the most secure coins made. Could you elaborate?
Oh yes, it doesn't have to do with engraving though.

I am spending the extra money to add more security features to the hologram that other coin's don't have. So, these will be the most counterfeit deterrent holograms for physical cryptocoins currently available. These features will make it easy to confirm for anyone that the holograms on the coins are genuine and not fakes. Notice I say "counterfeit deterrent" and not "counterfeit proof". It is technically impossible to make something that is counterfeit proof, however with added security features you can make it very hard for someone to do.

There will also be cheaper holograms with less security features if you prefer price over security.

Just a bit of advice, you probably should not assume that there are NO security features in my holograms (as well as mike's).  I'll speak for myself and will say there are several on my holograms that I have not made public for obvious reasons.

It is a bit of an overstatement in the bold above to claim that as true without consulting said parties prior to making a statement as such. The part about "most counterfeit deterrent holograms" is pretty bold too.

Just keep this in mind. Thanks.

Smiley

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:38:53 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2013, 07:54:39 AM by CoinHoarder

1. I did not assume that you do not have any security features on your hologram, in fact I assume the opposite. Nor did I say that you do not have any security features on your hologram (or mike's for that matter.)

2. I am going above and beyond and spending a pretty penny on the nicer holograms. I know that saying "my hologram will be the most counterfeit deterrent" is a bold statement. It is for that reason, that I would not say it unless I really believed it to be true. I have a hard time believing you went through the same trouble and expense as I have to add almost every holographic security feature possible to your holograms. Feel free to prove me wrong.

3. This is not the correct thread to ask and discuss details of my company, my products, or even my statements. This is a thread for a competition for a new physical Bitcoin design, and I would prefer it stay that way. If you want to discuss this further, please reply in my main thread (which you double posted this in).
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:02:01 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2013, 08:18:36 AM by smoothie

1. I did not assume that you do not have any security features on your hologram, in fact I assume the opposite. Nor did I say that you do not have any security features on your hologram (or mike's for that matter.)

2. I am going above and beyond and spending a pretty penny on the nicer holograms. I know that saying "my hologram will be the most counterfeit deterrent" is a bold statement. It is for that reason, that I would not say it unless I really believed it to be true. I have a hard time believing you went through the same trouble and expense as I have to add almost every holographic security feature possible to your holograms. Feel free to prove me wrong.

3. This is not the correct thread to ask and discuss details of my company, my products, or even my statements. This is a thread for a competition for a new physical Bitcoin design, and I would prefer it stay that way. If you want to discuss this further, please reply in my main thread (which you double posted this in).

Concerning #3: It wasn't me who initiated the topic of hologram security features in this thread. That was you. I merely commented because you seemed so sure of yourself on your claims and decided to bring "other coins" into your post.

Concerning #2: I have nothing to prove to you. I'm not making the bold claims here. Attempting to prove anything here would only compromise the security features in my holograms defeating the purpose of them.

QUESTION: Not that I doubt you, but how do you know that no other holograms for coins have the security features you are adding into yours? This is perhaps what I was getting at now that you had a chance to clarify your statement. Last I checked you were not in direct contact with the hologram designer for my holograms.

I guess the reason I decided to comment was because you mentioned "other coins" which includes myself.

Looking forward to your answer.

Thanks

Smiley

I am spending the extra money to add more security features to the hologram that other coin's don't have. So, these will be the most counterfeit deterrent holograms for physical cryptocoins currently available.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 09:49:38 AM

Concerning #3: It wasn't me who initiated the topic of hologram security features in this thread. That was you. I merely commented because you seemed so sure of yourself on your claims and decided to bring "other coins" into your post.

Concerning #2: I have nothing to prove to you. I'm not making the bold claims here. Attempting to prove anything here would only compromise the security features in my holograms defeating the purpose of them.

QUESTION: Not that I doubt you, but how do you know that no other holograms for coins have the security features you are adding into yours? This is perhaps what I was getting at now that you had a chance to clarify your statement. Last I checked you were not in direct contact with the hologram designer for my holograms.

I guess the reason I decided to comment was because you mentioned "other coins" which includes myself.

Thanks

Smiley

I am spending the extra money to add more security features to the hologram that other coin's don't have. So, these will be the most counterfeit deterrent holograms for physical cryptocoins currently available.

You are arguing about something that you or I cannot prove due to it negating the security of the holograms. That is why I said prove it- because you can't... it is somewhat of a moot point. If you want to take me to court for defamation (which is what you're quasi accusing me with)... good luck proving if that is the case or not. I hope you saved your receipts.. you'll have to reveal them in court and reveal to the public the extreme markups you are charging. And when that day comes, we'll see who has the more secure hologram.   Wink
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:20:38 AM

Thanks

Smiley

You are arguing about something that you or I cannot prove due to it negating the security of the holograms. That is why I said prove it- because you can't... it is somewhat of a moot point. If you want to take me to court for defamation (which is what you're quasi accusing me with)... good luck proving if that is the case or not. I hope you saved your receipts.. you'll have to reveal them in court and reveal to the public the extreme markups you are charging. And when that day comes, we'll see who has the more secure hologram.   Wink

I think I made my point pretty clear without trying to bring the rest of the world into the situation. You made claims you can't backup. The burden of proof is on you given you made the claims. I only questioned them.

Simple as that. Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

jantenner81

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

CIYAM - UI/UX design

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 10:28:49 AM

ok cool .. is there any deadline for upload drafts ..?

AT - Automated Transactions
CIYAM | Developer
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:36:30 AM

I can back up the statements Smoothie. However, proving it is dependent upon you suing me for defamation and by trial. Get your lawyer and I'll prove it to you. Until then, simply stfu. What are you going to do? Call the forum police for me making a statement that I honestly believe is true? Wink

You obviously have special interests. You bumped all 4 threads I have on bitcointalk.org and on litecoin forums as well just to quote this conversation and tell the world. I hope you realize it is silly and hope you are proud of yourself. You are obviously trying to harm me and my business, from now on consider yourself ignored. This is a stupid argument and you're making it out to be a huge deal like a 2 year old.

Go ahead, get the last word in. I won't respond...  Roll Eyes

No wonder why that ignore sign is bright orange. I've always tolerated you Smoothie, but now you're just harassing me and I'm done with you.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:36:55 AM

No deadline as of yet.  Smiley

I will review the submissions in about a week and then decide whether to continue it for longer or not.
jantenner81

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

CIYAM - UI/UX design

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 10:40:23 AM

No deadline as of yet.  Smiley

I will review the submissions in about a week and then decide whether to continue it for longer or not.

ok cool will sent you a draft till end of the week ...

Thx

AT - Automated Transactions
CIYAM | Developer
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:44:59 AM

I can back up the statements Smoothie. However, proving it is dependent upon you suing me for defamation and by trial. Get your lawyer and I'll prove it to you. Until then, simply stfu. What are you going to do? Call the forum police for me making a statement that I honestly believe is true? Wink

You obviously have special interests. You bumped all 4 threads I have on bitcointalk.org and on litecoin forums as well just to quote this conversation and tell the world. I hope you realize it is silly and hope you are proud of yourself. You are obviously trying to harm me and my business, from now on consider yourself ignored. This is a stupid argument and you're making it out to be a huge deal like a 2 year old.

No wonder why that ignore sign is bright orange. I've always tolerated you Smoothie, but now you're just harassing me and I'm done with you.

Stop being a total DICK....you have gone ahead an CANNED other peoples products that they are "NOT SECURE" on no basis of fact

You get called on this and its "SUE ME" go on you cant prove anything ...you sound exactly like BFL..  Tongue

OBJECT NOT FOUND
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:50:30 AM

Waiting for you to back them up.

Of course you are now ignoring me thus negating your ability to prove your claims. Typical.

1. Make a statement you can't backup.

2. Get called out on it.

3. Try to get the questioning party to prove it (even without the burden of proof).

4. Then it is pointed out that the burden lies with you.

5. Claim courts need to come into the picture as well as hit my ignore button because I am "harassing" you.

You win. Your claims are unfounded and unproven. But yet you made them.

Good luck.  Smiley

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:02:58 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2013, 11:15:15 AM by CoinHoarder

Stop being a total DICK....you have gone ahead an CANNED other peoples products that they are "NOT SECURE" on no basis of fact

You get called on this and its "SUE ME" go on you cant prove anything ...you sound exactly like BFL..  Tongue

Whatever.

I wouldn't of said it if I didn't truly believe it. The fact of the matter is, I think if Smoothie could reveal his security measures, then my statement would be proven correct. However, that is not going to happen so it is a moot point. That is why I told him to take me to court for defamation... because that is the only way either of us will reveal all of the security features of our holograms. I'm not trying to be a dick, but it is what it is.

Also I never stated other products are not secure. All I said was my holograms will likely have more security features than theirs. Even the most basic holograms are inherently counterfeit deterrent, the extra features I'm adding is basically overkill. I believe my statement to be true due to the sheer amount of security features I am implementing. Smoothie was in a rush to beat me to market for his coin. I've had months now of talking to companies, getting quotes, and doing research. I feel confident in my statement that my hologram will be more counterfeit deterrent, and I do not take it back because I truly believe it.

The fact of the matter is, I think Smoothie is threatened by me and my company. Possibly he thinks part of his market share could go down.. which is a possibility I don't know. He is also probably angry that I'm not charging the insane Casascius/Lealana mark up... me (and others developing physical coins) are going to highlight how insane of a mark up they are charging. With Smoothie posting here, it is personal for him obviously. So he had to find one little thing to make a big deal about and smear my name about it. I never even mentioned him or Lealana, for all he knew I was talking about Casascius or <insert coin company name here>.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1821
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 11:08:06 AM

Can't we all just get along?   Shocked

EDIT: it's like a pissing contest in here  Grin

Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:11:54 AM

If we dont want any credit and no free physical coins , can we get an up on that 5 btc bounty? I am seriously considering paying someone else to do this and take commission so every penny helps Cheesy
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:16:04 AM

Can't we all just get along?   Shocked

EDIT: it's like a pissing contest in here  Grin

Mine is bigger.  Grin
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:17:41 AM

If we dont want any credit and no free physical coins , can we get an up on that 5 btc bounty? I am seriously considering paying someone else to do this and take commission so every penny helps Cheesy

I suppose that is OK, but there is no guarantee you will win so it is pretty much gambling.  Smiley
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:19:28 AM

It is more like 'if we win I will pay you 250 bucks' to some designer who doesnt know anything about bitcoins , after that if I win I will get 5+ and actually pay 250+ to him/her Cheesy

Also , how much more we could get if we only want bitcoins and nothing else?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:21:59 AM

Whatever.

I wouldn't of said it if I didn't truly believe it. The fact of the matter is, I think if Smoothie could reveal his security measures, then my statement would be proven correct. However, that is not going to happen so it is a moot point. That is why I told him to take me to court for defamation... because that is the only way either of us will reveal all of the security features of our holograms. I'm not trying to be a dick, but it is what it is.

Also I never stated other products are not secure. All I said was my holograms will likely have more security features than theirs. Even the most basic holograms are inherently counterfeit deterrent, the extra features I'm adding is basically overkill. I believe my statement to be true due to the sheer amount of security features I am implementing. Smoothie was in a rush to beat me to market for his coin. I've had months now of talking to companies, getting quotes, and doing research. I feel confident in my statement that my hologram will be more counterfeit deterrent, and I do not take it back because I truly believe it.

The fact of the matter is, I think Smoothie is threatened by me and my company. Possibly he thinks part of his market share could go down.. which is a possibility I don't know. He is also probably angry that I'm not charging the insane Casascius/Lealana mark up... me (and others developing physical coins) are going to highlight how insane of a mark up they are charging. With Smoothie posting here, it is personal for him obviously. So he had to find one little thing to make a big deal about and smear my name about it. I never even mentioned him or Lealana, for all he knew I was talking about Casascius or <insert coin company name here>.

There is quite a bit of assumptions in this above wall of text.

Of course CH has opted to ignore me rather than deal me head on. I wonder why asking a simple question got him so riled up about courts and suing? He made a claim, I called him on it, and he obviously can't prove his claim. Really simple.

One thing I've learned is not to make absolutely bold statements you can't back up with actual proof. This is a prime example of this.

Oh well. Good luck to him.   Smiley

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:24:43 AM

It is more like 'if we win I will pay you 250 bucks' to some designer who doesnt know anything about bitcoins , after that if I win I will get 5+ and actually pay 250+ to him/her Cheesy

Also , how much more we could get if we only want bitcoins and nothing else?
Lol, that is a good idea. I'm all for it.. the more designs the merrier.

I'm going to have to draw the line at 5 BTC though. It is already a little more than I'd like to spend.. I just wanted to entice people to make designs so there would be plenty of options to choose from. Smiley

Good luck
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 11:42:16 AM

YAY!  More physical coins.  Smiley  I love it.

If you can accept some friendly advice from someone that does coin designs, minting and manufacturing and has studied numismatics for 40 years, your submission requirements are going to limit the result unnecessarily.  There are a lot of things that are being missed here.  By using a BW -> CADCAM -> CNC input with no gradation in the die-cutting, The end result will be sharp and angular rather than topographically organic, mechanical rather than soothing and friendly.

This is fine for a collectible medallion that is stored in a box or bureau, but sharp things on coins in pockets, purses and wallets tend to cut them and wear on them. The last thing someone wants is a coin that cuts a hole in their pocket and escapes.

There are also many other features that the submission spec prevents.  There are gradations in frosting with everything from mirror finish to a non-reflective frost, edge lettering, dished fields, and also avoids some of the advanced techniques to prevent the tamper-evident hacking displayed at the last DefCon against the Casascius pieces.

The very best coins these days are sculpted and 3d digitized rather than computer derived, though the computer design is a great way to sort through a bunch of ideas.

I look forward to an amazing result in any case, and wish you the best of luck with it.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: