Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:38:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPVO] [Multiple Exchanges] Neo & Bee - LMB Holdings  (Read 658493 times)
NotoriousBIT

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:27:22 AM

But I lean more towards the doom and gloom than "It's all good!" right now.
Why?

I don't know to be honest.  I get that there's trolling and, even if it isn't trolling in this thread, the pompous "I told you so" attitude is just not my thing.  But I've actually been rethinking Neo in the last couple of weeks.  Maybe I'm letting the trolls get to me.  Maybe I'm being impatient.  I get the longterm aspect.  And I get that longterm = longterm, not "I'll pretend to be invested longterm but freak when I don't see a short term return."

And then this.  Maybe it just hit me at a time when I was starting to wonder about it.  Hopefully in a couple years we won't even remember that one weekend where they had to stop trading because an account got hacked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcapples

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:34:13 AM

There was no official statement an account was hacked, that is purely speculation.

Also, it is presumed that the "account" that was hacked, was mine or by me, which I can confirm that it is not.
NotoriousBIT

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:40:33 AM

There was no official statement an account was hacked, that is purely speculation.

Also, it is presumed that the "account" that was hacked, was mine or by me, which I can confirm that it is not.

Yeah I wasn't trying to say that happened.  My point was that, hopefully, this will be a small blip in the long run.
sporket

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:47:35 AM

^A small blip interrupting a long, steady decline Undecided  To lend some perspective:

The "suspicious trading" claim is pretty suspicious in itself.  A bright 5-yr-old with a ruler could have predicted the price movement here.

NotoriousBIT

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:56:13 AM

^A small blip interrupting a long, steady decline Undecided  To lend some perspective:

The "suspicious trading" claim is pretty suspicious in itself.  A bright 5-yr-old with a ruler could have predicted the price movement here.

I got ya man.  I saw it.  I think I just need to get away from this section of the site for awhile.  It's either doom and gloom or "It's all good just invest more money!"  And no, the spam free thread didn't fix that.
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:07:51 AM

I'm pretty convinced TAT knows more than he is telling...
source101

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:57:00 AM

Just letting you all know that my info was wrong. It was wrong in the fact the Danny is already out of country and is in UK. My sister saw him and she knows him well enough to not lie. He was with his fiancé in town. I do not know when he left or anything else but I trust my sister.

She did not speak with him as we both had issues with him prior to his leaving but they involve money and ripping off. So now you know why I have said what I have said and he deserves everything he gets. I just hope that his fiancé and other innocent parties close to him do not suffer.
btcapples

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:19:57 AM

@source101

if what you say is true, why did you wait until it was too late to blow the whistle?
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:27:28 AM

Worth mentioning that mpex is a one man show operation run by an egomaniacal clown with delusions of grandeur, an exchange no one uses, while Neo is a legit legal operation with dozens employees. Danny doesn't need to talk directly to shareholders and customers. There is a front desk that can take your calls http://www.neo-bee.com/index.php/en/locations/

This is the "one man show operation run by an egomaniacal clown with delusions of grandeur, an exchange no one uses" and some chick working for Reuters lolling @your "legit business with dozens of employees".

I believe there is a medical term for the ghetto kid that imagines he's the rich guy and vice-versa. It escapes me at the moment.

Anyway, if you do call, order me some shinzu duck.

ITT:  Unable to cope with the wacky antics of their missing CEO, Cypriot banking enthusiast rage at everyone but him.
Hilarity intensifies.

CEOs travel all the time for business purposes. They are not chained like a dog to an office. This is Neo we're talking about not some one man operation like Mpex ran by one dude who never leaves his apartment or something.

So they suck because they don't suck?

I don't know to be honest.  I get that there's trolling and, even if it isn't trolling in this thread, the pompous "I told you so" attitude is just not my thing.  But I've actually been rethinking Neo in the last couple of weeks.  Maybe I'm letting the trolls get to me.  Maybe I'm being impatient.  I get the longterm aspect.  And I get that longterm = longterm, not "I'll pretend to be invested longterm but freak when I don't see a short term return."

And then this.  Maybe it just hit me at a time when I was starting to wonder about it.  Hopefully in a couple years we won't even remember that one weekend where they had to stop trading because an account got hacked.

Hopefully you will remember it. Because if you get out of doing something stupid with your skin intact you'll just keep doing it.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
source101

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:48:32 AM

I told you all when? As that was the info I had at time. Then I come with this and you shot me down. Come on, you got out didn't you as you listened the first time. Honestly I have a different issue with him and trust me he will know when I see him. Honestly I am glad he is near by because he certainly has questions to answer to me. I am just as surprised as you because things didn't add up. Like the message I got that someone had been to his house and he and everything had gone.

I am going to speak with others who know him at a sensible hour and see. I will be upfront and tell them that I have said what I have said. I am about morals.(surprisingly in today's world)  I do not believe that anyone should take advantage of anyone even when they make ill advised investment choices. Knowing him though he will move on and pop up in another few years and have some new and better business idea.

Then when people ask well you had 3 failed companies he will again spin his magic circle of words to suck people in. I mean come on who has that many failed attempts at his age?  But wait and keep googling his name. He will be back and have something else.

Unlike some I hope that there is enough assets left in the office to sell off. But with out knowing how much he did exactly take from everyone well time will tell. I suppose it will all come to light at some stage. Unfortunately though share holders come last on the creditors pay list as he might have debts from media coverage, sponsorship deals and all the other spin and bells and whistles he sold you all. You just hope Karma comes back and bites him on ass, mind you he most likely has a very peeved fiancé because she has no dreamy beach wedding that she gloated to many about.
ex-trader

Activity: 298

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:10:38 AM

Ex-trader asked some valid questions previously in this thread and all Danny did was talk around in circles and not give an answer. That was some months ago.

Glad you spotted that!

My issues were raised well in advance of all this, many months ago and basically proved that their business model about pegged accounts doesn't work. I know this based on 20+ years of working within banks and financial products and having created products that in total have taken many tens of billions of GBP. Of course that experience is not valuable or relevant in the Bitcoin world to people who simply wish to believe every new business with a good story. Notable NEO talked about involving proper accountants who were 'reviewing all this' again to what end - nothing, no proof of any approvals or anyone with credibility saying this works is a good idea etc.

If they had simply setup a bitcoin exchange and payments company in Cyprus I would have stayed quiet, as this could have been a valid plan and works elsewhere. However instead they talked vaguely about pegged accounts, time accounts, bank branches, insurance sales etc. All of this has amounted to zero so far. I suspect they have been told by the authorities that they cannot operate these types of accounts.

What they have done which is inexcusably naive is to try to build a new business and spent lots of money on branches, staff and PR, when they simply have not been able to design, construct or issue a single product.

thekekk

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:16:15 AM

so lets recap here,
We have broke pedos trying to advertise MPEX scam.
Defamation by MPEX
and dead threats for Danny and his family?
Keep it up lads your credibility is at the moon now

BTC: 1AqwCAprjKRniThdxvCDx1TMPUYsqd8ig7
EAC: eYqPmqv3AiB12Z5b2MMpNm1vXtVPnp5PPX
e-token: e4ViTyRpJF9whLiKtLaAranijfeoTrww4u
Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:27:51 AM

Ex-trader asked some valid questions previously in this thread and all Danny did was talk around in circles and not give an answer. That was some months ago.

Glad you spotted that!

My issues were raised well in advance of all this, many months ago and basically proved that their business model about pegged accounts doesn't work. I know this based on 20+ years of working within banks and financial products and having created products that in total have taken many tens of billions of GBP. Of course that experience is not valuable or relevant in the Bitcoin world to people who simply wish to believe every new business with a good story. Notable NEO talked about involving proper accountants who were 'reviewing all this' again to what end - nothing, no proof of any approvals or anyone with credibility saying this works is a good idea etc.

If they had simply setup a bitcoin exchange and payments company in Cyprus I would have stayed quiet, as this could have been a valid plan and works elsewhere. However instead they talked vaguely about pegged accounts, time accounts, bank branches, insurance sales etc. All of this has amounted to zero so far. I suspect they have been told by the authorities that they cannot operate these types of accounts.

What they have done which is inexcusably naive is to try to build a new business and spent lots of money on branches, staff and PR, when they simply have not been able to design, construct or issue a single product.

I've had issues myself with the pegged accounts idea if you check my early posts in this thread, however for other reasons. I believe your objections were related to the hedging part of their strategy and the proprietary trading.

You and me both can speculate about the regulatory talks they're having there.

About building products, they do have the POS network given to several merchants. I believe it was stated people can already buy Bitcoin using that or via another network partner.

At this point all Bitcoin businesses await for regulator clarity. Even this Mpex dude is getting letters from US gov to disclose stuff about his business. Mpex was only able to get away from this regulatory hassle because of his location and the fact that his operation doesn't have behind a registered company.

What is important to mention, however, is that Tuur Demeester was there in Cyprus and had direct talks with Neo. He felt confident enough to go ahead and purchase shares and this happened less than two weeks ago. Food for thought.

Are you BtcWhale? Your nick would fit the profile. I know you're long Neo if that's the case, but I guess you won't mind getting some cheap shares.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

source101

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:55:12 AM

so lets recap here,
We have broke pedos trying to advertise MPEX scam.
Defamation by MPEX
and dead threats for Danny and his family?
Keep it up lads your credibility is at the moon now

Dead threats, I think not more like stern words from someone who he screwed over and made angry. He has ripped off many, hurt family member of his own and caused much stress of others by his spinning of lies. I am sure once his family and his fiancé family hears of the canceled wedding they will be upset because flights and accommodation have been booked and paid for. If he is smart he will not move back to the same area. I am not the only one annoyed with him.
Again believe it or not, but read his posts, watch his pattern and you will see. Ex-trader so many people could of learnt a lot from your post but the paranoid personality came out in them. When I read that I thought 'how could someone read that and his dancing around of what you asked and advice you offered and thought a fool and his money are easily parted.

It is also interesting watching people changing their attitude. I am going to sit back now s I have given all the information I can, only part that was wrong was the timing of him leaving because he left. Understanding back here was that Monday/tuesday they arrived. Once again still no Mr Brewster, still no official word and you can not say that in todays society of smartphones that he could give shareholders the info they are waiting for.

Anyway, anyone near Neo Bee offices, there will be cheap office furniture and computers up for grabs!
thekekk

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:13:32 AM

I will say it for the last time neo & bee is a register company in Cyprus with proper accountant anyone having any issues to understand I advice you to contact the company secretary/accountant

C. Argyrou & Associates L.L.C
https://www.facebook.com/argyroulaw

There are currently no laws disallowing trading, Neo & bee lawyers are trying to regulate bitcoin with law

I guess you realise that Danny has to flee EU in order to avoid prosecution in case of fraud!!

BTC: 1AqwCAprjKRniThdxvCDx1TMPUYsqd8ig7
EAC: eYqPmqv3AiB12Z5b2MMpNm1vXtVPnp5PPX
e-token: e4ViTyRpJF9whLiKtLaAranijfeoTrww4u
btcapples

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:16:11 AM

Burn in Hell mpex

That old witch ought to be boiled in oil!

@thekekk/Herp:  I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too!

P.S: Who's this Turr Durr you keep bringing up?

@sporket It's turdmeister

@herp I have tried very hard to convince you otherwise along with others. You are blind with no desire to see the light. I truly hope your arrogance is fake or you are trolling, because otherwise I truly feel bad for you. My deepest condolences.
mmeijeri

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:18:47 AM

Boy, this is looking bad. It's too early to be certain Neo & Bee is doomed, but something very bad is going on. The radio silence is the most worrying of all. If you're not even a little worried, you need to snap out of it right now. I see lots of denial, rationalisation and magical thinking here.

ROI is not a verb, the term you're looking for is 'to break even'.
mmeijeri

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:22:43 AM

My issues were raised well in advance of all this, many months ago and basically proved that their business model about pegged accounts doesn't work. I know this based on 20+ years of working within banks and financial products and having created products that in total have taken many tens of billions of GBP. Of course that experience is not valuable or relevant in the Bitcoin world to people who simply wish to believe every new business with a good story.

I had my doubts about that too, but it could work (at least for a while) if it was funded by Bitcoin enthusiasts who are willing to HODL anyway. As an experiment, I think it would be legitimate, and listing on a Bitcoin exchange could be the perfect way to find funding for it.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:23:00 AM

Boy, this is looking bad. It's too early to be certain Neo & Bee is doomed, but something very bad is going on. The radio silence is the most worrying of all. If you're not even a little worried, you need to snap out of it right now. I see lots of denial, rationalisation and magical thinking here.

Even if its not a scam the complete lack of communication is unacceptable.
mmeijeri

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:24:19 AM

Even if its not a scam the complete lack of communication is unacceptable.

I doubt it is a scam, because you'd think it would be executed differently if it were.

Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: