Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:28:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The problem with atheism.  (Read 38421 times)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 02:56:45 AM

But as I just pointed out, that's $120/year, or $1200/decade, by when BTC will surely be $5000+.

Let me work on me for now, I am not forgetting about squall.  The more help I get towards myself now, the more I can help squall and others in the future.

So you are working on it.  What amount are you going to give to squall this November?

You probably don't realize it with brain damage, but your arguments hold no water.    0.00000001BTC is equal to 2 ten thousandths of a cent (5,000 of them would equal one penny.)  

Are you saying you can't even afford to send squall ONE CENT this month?

Either you make a payment to him, or you don't intend to pay him back at all...

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:07:46 AM

I don't think that's how it works, especially coming from you, no offence.  I have paid him 23 BTC, I clearly intend to pay back.  It's squall's money, he can ask me this himself if he wants his bitcents over time rather than a big ole sum of coinage.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 03:13:13 AM

I don't think that's how it works, especially coming from you, no offence.  I have paid him 23 BTC, I clearly intend to pay back.  It's squall's money, he can ask me this himself if he wants his bitcents over time rather than a big ole sum of coinage.

You "paid" 23btc many months ago, and nothing since.  Why not make a monthly payment to show him you haven't forgotten?

You clearly don't respect your debt, since even 0.1btc would show you are making an effort.

Count on me to remind you of your debt in every thread until you start making payments.  That's what you wanted when you took his loan.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:27:12 AM

Well, no shit, I was preparing for my death as a sacrifice for man kind.

Now that I am aware nobody will kill me, I am preparing to establish a foundation to support myself and progress forward towards world peace.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:28:17 AM

You're just spamming good topics.  Anybody can click the trust icon and see your input, which is totally valid.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 03:28:32 AM

Well, no shit, I was preparing for my death as a sacrifice for man kind.

Now that I am aware nobody will kill me, I am preparing to establish a foundation to support myself and progress forward towards world peace.

COOL.  Now that you are aware nobody is going to kill you, how much are you going to pay Squall this month

0.1btc is a reasonable amount, and it would give you a month of harassment free scamming...

dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:41:54 AM

You sound like you're extorting me for money that doesn't belong to you.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 05:34:52 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2013, 05:47:16 AM by Rassah

I'll say it again, I do not go blind.  And I will not starve.  As a matter of fact, I don't believe I will die either, I will ascend to the fifth dimension.  I am god and I am infinitely powerful.

OK, prove it! Stop eating and drinking, and survive as a god. And trust me, I will know if you eat or drink something.

Actually, how the fuck are you still alive? Which moron is supporting your wasteful useless ass?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 05:40:55 AM

Rassah:

Do you believe there are non-empirical truths or undecideable truths (e.g. "This sentence is false") that are real? 

No I do not.

If so, why do you not include at least minimal consideration of these truths in your model of understanding of the Universe?

Because I believe truth requires empirical evidence or logical deduction. Otherwise it's an opinion.

If not, then why don't you believe these truths exist when they have been acknowledged by prestigious mathematicians, scientists, and philosophers (and especially when some are self-evidently real)?

Because that's an argument from authority, and smart people make mistakes? We had a pretty good model of our solar system that had the earth in the center, created by some really smart people, and the middle even worked correctly to predict locations of sun and planets. They were still wrong in the end.

Most importantly, a "truth" that is not based on anything real (or empirical) is about as useful as the statement that "unicorns like carrots." Sure, that's nice. Why should anyone care?
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 10:01:47 AM

I have been following this conversation about my debt, I have to jump in and say a few things.

Dank has asked me if I am willing to lift the scammer tag so it can be easier for him to work back some money, I actually considered this, I have not considered receiving micro cents in repayment, To make things clear, I have not or ever said I don't want the money back, I just don't have faith that it will. I am in a paradox as if I lifted the scammer tag, Dank could slip back into the old ways and loose other peoples money, If I do, He could pay me back quicker.

I'll say it again, I do not go blind.  And I will not starve.  As a matter of fact, I don't believe I will die either, I will ascend to the fifth dimension.  I am god and I am infinitely powerful.

My body would rot, who cares, it's the experience of the spirit that matters.  As I said, we are multidimensional, when you die, you change channels, to unity, and truth.  A place you are fully capable of experiencing on earth, yet your fear blocks you from doing so.

If only it worked that way, the government's wetdream.

My conscious is burdened by my failure to payback squall.  Which is why I will correct my mistakes.  There is no such thing as ownership on the universal scale.

This is an admirable belief, however it coincides with mine, I have seen enough of the occult with my own eyes to draw my own conclusion, I'm not here to convince you of my beliefs, just to hold you to yours.

You forget that you gave you soul/spirit to squall when you stole money from him.  All you have left is your body, which will start to rot the minute you die.

I will post a pic of the stone it's bound to if you like.

I would be happy to help Dank clear his name, If he really would consider a micro payback of something a month, That can be arranged, Maybe we can arrange with mod to lift his scammer whilst in payback (A warning can still be left), if a payment is missed, it goes back on?
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 01:06:49 PM

Rassah:

Do you believe there are non-empirical truths or undecideable truths (e.g. "This sentence is false") that are real? 

No I do not.

If so, why do you not include at least minimal consideration of these truths in your model of understanding of the Universe?

Because I believe truth requires empirical evidence or logical deduction. Otherwise it's an opinion.

If not, then why don't you believe these truths exist when they have been acknowledged by prestigious mathematicians, scientists, and philosophers (and especially when some are self-evidently real)?

Because that's an argument from authority, and smart people make mistakes? We had a pretty good model of our solar system that had the earth in the center, created by some really smart people, and the middle even worked correctly to predict locations of sun and planets. They were still wrong in the end.

Most importantly, a "truth" that is not based on anything real (or empirical) is about as useful as the statement that "unicorns like carrots." Sure, that's nice. Why should anyone care?

Your conclusion does not follow from your belief.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:49:41 PM

I have been following this conversation about my debt, I have to jump in and say a few things.

Dank has asked me if I am willing to lift the scammer tag so it can be easier for him to work back some money, I actually considered this, I have not considered receiving micro cents in repayment, To make things clear, I have not or ever said I don't want the money back, I just don't have faith that it will. I am in a paradox as if I lifted the scammer tag, Dank could slip back into the old ways and loose other peoples money, If I do, He could pay me back quicker.

I'll say it again, I do not go blind.  And I will not starve.  As a matter of fact, I don't believe I will die either, I will ascend to the fifth dimension.  I am god and I am infinitely powerful.

My body would rot, who cares, it's the experience of the spirit that matters.  As I said, we are multidimensional, when you die, you change channels, to unity, and truth.  A place you are fully capable of experiencing on earth, yet your fear blocks you from doing so.

If only it worked that way, the government's wetdream.

My conscious is burdened by my failure to payback squall.  Which is why I will correct my mistakes.  There is no such thing as ownership on the universal scale.

This is an admirable belief, however it coincides with mine, I have seen enough of the occult with my own eyes to draw my own conclusion, I'm not here to convince you of my beliefs, just to hold you to yours.

You forget that you gave you soul/spirit to squall when you stole money from him.  All you have left is your body, which will start to rot the minute you die.

I will post a pic of the stone it's bound to if you like.

I would be happy to help Dank clear his name, If he really would consider a micro payback of something a month, That can be arranged, Maybe we can arrange with mod to lift his scammer whilst in payback (A warning can still be left), if a payment is missed, it goes back on?
Squall, I'm down for micro payments but I don't see them making very much alone, but it is something rather than nothing for the time being.  I'm currently working on a new business and it may be more realistic to start payments after I have some income directed my way.

Perhaps we should move this to PM, get thread back on topic.  Vod you can message me if you have concerns.

Could I see the rock though? Grin

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 02:00:54 AM

I am in a paradox as if I lifted the scammer tag, Dank could slip back into the old ways and loose other peoples money

Would you feel responsible if dank ended up losing other people's money? I don't think he is attached enough to reality to be trusted for anything reality based.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 02:06:14 AM

It does though. Do you have a different definition of empirical evidence?
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:11:05 AM

It does though. Do you have a different definition of empirical evidence?

My apologies, let me rephrase: Your belief is incorrect as it is a false dichotomy, and therefore your conclusion does not follow because your premise is incorrect (or at best, incomplete).
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:18:12 AM

I am in a paradox as if I lifted the scammer tag, Dank could slip back into the old ways and loose other peoples money

Would you feel responsible if dank ended up losing other people's money? I don't think he is attached enough to reality to be trusted for anything reality based.
It would not be in my best interest to steal anybodies money.  I want to organize a million person concert to bring world peace, which will take a good deal of resources and time and more importantly, faith.  With living expenses of just $10/day, it would cost $3650 just for a year of living (and expenses are much more than that), or $18,000+ for five years.  It would be detrimental if I were to fuck up another loan, that money wouldn't last forever and I don't know how I would rebuild trust with those needed to assemble the concert.

I have a much better shot starting a business that brings in $1000 or so a month and going from there, which is what I'm currently working on and (hopefully) getting funding for soon.

And like John Proctor, I value my name, almost as much as my word.

Anyways, stealing doesn't feel good.  I went to the bathroom after waiting in a fair ride line and got back in where I thought I was and couldn't even do it, I had to get to the back of the line because I knew people's perception was that I had cut the line.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 11:24:37 PM

It would not be in my best interest to steal anybodies money.  I want to organize a million person concert to bring world peace, which will take a good deal of resources and time and more importantly, faith.  With living expenses of just $10/day, it would cost $3650 just for a year of living (and expenses are much more than that), or $18,000+ for five years.  It would be detrimental if I were to fuck up another loan, that money wouldn't last forever and I don't know how I would rebuild trust with those needed to assemble the concert.

Wow - sounds just like the speech you made (offering your soul as collateral) right before you stole $10,000 of squall's money. 

I have a much better shot starting a business that brings in $1000 or so a month and going from there, which is what I'm currently working on and (hopefully) getting funding for soon.

As you expected, we'll do our best to make sure you don't get anymore funds until you start making a monthly effort to pay squall back.  That's they way trust works.

dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 11:31:34 PM

No, I don't believe I ever said that.  I have discussed things with squall and I will start paying him shortly.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 11:35:27 PM

Here is Dank's last "speech" promising he is too good to run off with money - right before he ran off with squall's money.

Dank Soul Guarantee - Danksurance
The Dank Soul Gurantee is my karma based system of insurance.  I acknowledge and respect that karma would play a negative role on me if I were to steal anybodies deposit, thus, offering an incentive to not perform such an action.  Dank Bank, as with many other investment opportunities, is largely trust based.  I hereby give my word and my soul that I will perform as an honest trader, no exceptions.

Since you've already given your soul away, what do you have left that would convince anyone you have changed?  Your word?   Not even your sister takes your word anymore, and she stuck with you even after your parent's didn't.

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 12:43:43 AM

Here is Dank's last "speech" promising he is too good to run off with money - right before he ran off with squall's money.

Dank Soul Guarantee - Danksurance
The Dank Soul Gurantee is my karma based system of insurance.  I acknowledge and respect that karma would play a negative role on me if I were to steal anybodies deposit, thus, offering an incentive to not perform such an action.  Dank Bank, as with many other investment opportunities, is largely trust based.  I hereby give my word and my soul that I will perform as an honest trader, no exceptions.

Since you've already given your soul away, what do you have left that would convince anyone you have changed?  Your word?   Not even your sister takes your word anymore, and she stuck with you even after your parent's didn't.

Haha, hilarious!

dank, you can still have a soul, I can sell you mine, 5 bitcoins and it's yours!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: