Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:10:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The problem with atheism.  (Read 38410 times)
Ertetert

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:19:01 PM

It depends on how do you define atheism.
Atheism could be defined as strict denial of existence of any deity. Then it is just irrational as any religion.

Dawkins definition of Atheism is "Atheist is a person who thinks there is no compelling evidence for any existing narrative for any deity." In Dawkins definitions atheism = agnosticism.

For me I am a rationalist. I don't have a goal to believe in god. I don't have a goal to disbelieve in god. My goal is to believe in god in the universe where god exists and not to believe in god in the universe where he doesn't exist.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nebucadnezzar

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:44:11 PM

For me personally i believe in God. I know that there is a God, i personally experienced so much with prayer and jst believe that he will guide me right. But i also know that Atheism is also a religion. The religion of not mind god in any way. The bible is teaching us that everyone has a choice he can make in his live. We can always make a choice for God and also for beeing an atheist. This is the Reason why the earth is still in existence because of all this sin and eveil stuff on this planet, god would have made an end with us already. It is love, the same love our parents have for us that is still patient.

WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:52:19 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 10:29:38 AM by WannaCry

Let me start by making it clear that I am an atheist.

The problem I have with the atheist agenda is that is stops at 'the non existence of God' - the same logic is not applied consistently to the whole of the human condition.

If I examine my life and use this same 'spaghetti monster' logic, I am drawn to the same conclusions about all my actions and activities - they are all as equally pointless and irrational as worshiping God.

If I rationally examine my sense of self I realize that it is just a genetic innovation - it encourages self preservation - genetic selfishness creates a genetically induced illusion of self worth.

My desire to survive is itself as delusional as a belief in God - pain and my fear of pain are a genetically induced survival mechanism I am in thrall to.

If I believe in God and survive then it is no different to not believing in God and surviving - nature will select for survival.

But my actual survival is meaningless whether I believe in God or otherwise.

This is the only conclusion that can be logically formed from a real examination of life.

Atheism is merely another tribal display - a peacock's tail trying to attract a mate through a verbal display of intelligence.

It would be an endless debate if we'll talk about religion and our own belief. Well, for the atheist , if that's what they believe then we can't do nothing about it. We can't force them to believe that God really exists. As long as we, believers, know that God is in our lives and we're following His path, then we have nothing to worry about.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:56:44 PM

There is really no problem with Atheism, their main belief is that there is no God and at the moment, there hasnt been anything to disprove that God does or doesn't exist. It all really depends on the person who believes and nothing at all.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:25:47 PM

The problem isn't with atheism. The problem is with atheists. Why? Because they talk like they believe in atheism. But they don't, because all of them know that God might exists somewhere they haven't looked yet.

Self-proclaimed atheists are liars, although many of them are not maliciously so. And for the same reason, those who proclaim others to atheists are liars, as well.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:42:06 PM

There is really no problem with Atheism, their main belief is that there is no God and at the moment, there hasnt been anything to disprove that God does or doesn't exist. It all really depends on the person who believes and nothing at all.
An atheist prefers rebirth. Why do they prefer her? As it is known, they are strongly attached to the earthly goods and joys. By believing in rebirth, they live in the hope that they will return to this material world

feinter

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:49:56 PM

There is no atheist agenda.

Atheism simply means "without god". There is nothing to "do".

All your activities, in the long run, are probably pointless.

That's not true - Richard Dawkins does not apply his understanding of evolution when talking about religion to the rest of human behaviour.
He limits it to belief in God.
Why doesn't he talk about people working in factories or in fields, or going to football matches?
He clearly has an agenda.

Remember that even atheism is a belief, a belief that no god exists. But as far as existence of God cannot be proven, it can't also be proven that God does not exist so you have faith on the fact that no God exists. Cheesy
Atheism has not always been publicly proclaimed. Often, the ungodly have walked to a church, participated in the worship, were hypocritical to others. Their unbelief is mostly recognized in cases that have been in complete contradiction with the ethics of Christianity.
Terriblethingss

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:54:42 PM

Yeah, but the kind of liberal thinking people make at the very best 5% of the population.
And i was dipped and grew up in an extremely catholic environment, but that hasnt restricted me from using my tiny brain and imagination.
g-unit

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:11:43 AM

Damn, it's amazing how you complicated value of an atheism. Atheism is way of rationality and logic with no religions and faith in the supernatural order of things. It's only question of choice to be an atheist or religious believer. Just try to keep your world outlook with yourself.
Aristus

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:07:42 AM

I think that there is no problem with atheism at all. The only problem I see is with us people who have no respect for what are fellow mankind believes in. We should always have that boundary where our beliefs might be the greatest of all, but we should also remember that others might feel the same way for what they believe in. It would make the world a very peaceful place once we learn this.
You are right my friend. The only problem is "the lose of respect" the reason for this, is the different beliefs of all people whether you are a man with religion or an atheist. For me the atheists and the theists are both similar if they don't have respect to anyone and the dead is better than these living creatures. To be in silence and adopting the nature is better than creating noise with no respect.
MJK_Anfaenger

Activity: 196
Merit: 46

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 10:10:40 PM

If we say there is no God because there is no evidential proof that he exists, what proof do we have that God doesn't exist?

Sure, I got another one for you: if we say there are no Unicorns because there is no evidence that they exist, what proof do we have that Unicorns don't exist? None! But is this reason enough to believe that Unicorns exist? For me personally not.

See what I did there? This may be why other people don't share your particular beliefs. The absence of a lack of proof doesn't equal proof.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:28:14 AM

Atheists don't realize that atheism is a religion.

Theists instinctively believe that God exists, because they see the universe machine. Machines have makers. Atheists know subconsciously that they see the universe machine, and they instinctively understand that God exists, just like the theists. But they don't like it. So, they try to believe that God doesn't exist, by making many forceful claims that they are atheists. Doing this makes them liars.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:19:58 PM

Theists instinctively believe that God exists, because they see the universe machine. Machines have makers. Atheists know subconsciously that they see the universe machine, and they instinctively understand that God exists, just like the theists. But they don't like it. So, they try to believe that God doesn't exist, by making many forceful claims that they are atheists. Doing this makes them liars.

Cool

I really shouldn't ever engage you...

But for the sake of the watchers.

Atheism can be a religion. Religion, at root, means to bind oneself to a creed. Those few atheists who make the claim that there is no god (strong or positive atheists) are indeed claiming a creed, which makes it (sort of)a religion.

However, the vast majority of us in my experience simply do not believe in a god, which is the very opposite of a religion. We do NOT posit that there is no god, but rather that the proofs presented by theists simply lack sufficient evidence.

I am an atheist. I have no gods, and worship no one.

I'm also a religious man in that I MOST ASSUREDLY have a creed that I try to live by. It has no need of gods, nor would it be heightened or lessened by their putative existence.

I know, from previous go 'rounds with you, that you are a christian. At one time, I, too, believed in that fairy tale. But sooner or later, one must grow up. Belief in the unbelievable doesn't make it true. Christianity, like EVERY OTHER THEISTIC RELIGION OUT THERE, is easily disproven. This does not prove or disprove a god or gods, it merely disproves one postulate of a deity.

The simple truth, which most atheists and all theists understand:

If there was a god that wanted to be worshipped, there would be ZERO chance that this debate would ever exist. An all powerful being that desires to be worshipped would not hide it.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:25:57 AM

Cool

I really shouldn't ever engage you...

But for the sake of the watchers.

Atheism can be a religion. Religion, at root, means to bind oneself to a creed. Those few atheists who make the claim that there is no god (strong or positive atheists) are indeed claiming a creed, which makes it (sort of)a religion.

However, the vast majority of us in my experience simply do not believe in a god, which is the very opposite of a religion. We do NOT posit that there is no god, but rather that the proofs presented by theists simply lack sufficient evidence.

I am an atheist. I have no gods, and worship no one.

I'm also a religious man in that I MOST ASSUREDLY have a creed that I try to live by. It has no need of gods, nor would it be heightened or lessened by their putative existence.

I know, from previous go 'rounds with you, that you are a christian. At one time, I, too, believed in that fairy tale. But sooner or later, one must grow up. Belief in the unbelievable doesn't make it true. Christianity, like EVERY OTHER THEISTIC RELIGION OUT THERE, is easily disproven. This does not prove or disprove a god or gods, it merely disproves one postulate of a deity.

The simple truth, which most atheists and all theists understand:

If there was a god that wanted to be worshipped, there would be ZERO chance that this debate would ever exist. An all powerful being that desires to be worshipped would not hide it.

Check out #6 of religion at Dictionary.com - http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t. Religion fits everybody.

Cool

mackhoy

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:30:33 AM

Atheism is the people who believe that life exists without the existence of God and keep giving an equal explanation to all the wonders of this earth. I am wondering when can they give an explanation for all the things happening in this world and how broad their imaginations are to explain life. Religion may be difficult to understand but we should first understand that people cannot live without their own God who can they call on to when life seems harder beyond the capability.
parlament9

Activity: 154

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:49:11 AM

Oh, in Russia there is even article in the constitution - "Insult of feelings of believers", so if I'm atheist and say that - "There is no God", believers can go to the court and submit the application for me (and I can really be put in prison) and it concerns only Christianity (!).
So if you atheist, and believers say to you that it is necessary to believe in God, this is not insult of feelings.
It is dishonest also a game in one gate.

Kofi Dakatuo

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 12:01:44 PM

The real problem is not whether there is a God or not. The problem is the English language and the society we have lived in in the last five centuries. The English language is a spellcasting language out of Latin hence the Latin alphabets and why we spell English words.

To understand the meaning of the word God, we have to understand the etymology of the word God and also note that GOD does not = God, god or even Allah. Islamist will understand and this is the reason the Islamist say there's no God but Allah.

There are several definitions of the G, O,  D-word. In some places, it means the highest ranked individual. In some places, it means Guns, Oil and Drugs and so on and so forth depending on who is defining it. So to bring it back to the Christian God which is protested by the Atheist, in the eyes of the church, (the original church being the Catholic), Atheist are protestants and in the eyes of the Protestants, Atheists are simply non-believers. So basically in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. To get a better understanding of the God we speak of now, we need to look at where the word came from. This word 'God' comes out of the word Gothic and Doctrine. So in effect, the word God means Gothic doctoring. a doctoring Germany used to rule Europe for some time until the concept fell apart under the Gothics. It's a known fact that the Germans spread Christianity into eastern Europe but I'll leave that to those of interest to research it.

So to look at it from the meaning of the word, then God does exist. However to put it bluntly when you adopt a culture without from any source you'll have to break it to gain entry or backwards engineer it and eventually lose the security or concept. Religion is one of those concepts. A collection of doctrines and teachings of life, how it began and what we know as people of this plain that fits within our cultural environments perfectly but it's a taboo or forbidden elsewhere. To keep it simple we all know of the Adam and Eve doctrine where the woman is demonised. We also know of Cain and Abel where a brother kills a brother. I won't bother with the Jesus story because that's a whole can of worms although, I am discussing that retrospectively here. All these doctrines are common in many other societies but told from a different perspective except where the woman is demonised. We all came through a woman or were seeded by a man. From my culture, There's no God but several names for the situation or forces of nature but due colonialism Christianity is a so to speak a disease we have to deal with. We have Awurade Nyankopɔn, where the Awurade (Master's) is the female creative force and the Nyankopɔn (Greatest Friend) being the male deity. We also have to adopt the notion that we are the children of both deities (so here we have an example of the holy trinity). Together as one force of nature, the deities are called Ɔnyame (the one who got me, which technicals to Master but as a single entity as in man and wife).

Now let's go to how this became a problem when adapted and named as Christianity or Religion. As the world has grown and we've discovered ancient technology and consequentially hidden it to exchange wealth rather than share the knowledge, we have also discovered cultures with different domestic setups that conflict with ours. Power being corruptive as it is either side would rather be of the other culture based on a number of reasons. Some were to gain authority over their woman or vice-versa. So quarrels are settled in favour of one or the other making one feel rejected by society or distrustful of God because in their doctrine God doesn't look out for them.

Over time people have discovered, questioned and learnt from societies where both deities prevail as one and tried to figure out who is more authoritative or most important. I mean to tell the truth a child has and syncs with their father's Brain but they have their mother's heartbeat and blood (so fathers spirit but mums blood and the two forms the body). The realisation the women in Europe and Asia (These are not two continents, its a single landmass without separation) have been demonised so the need for feminism rises and this is kind of where we are today. Men being forced to be more womanly in terms of motherly nature and women trying to grow a set of balls (no pun intended)

So to conclude, the Atheist problem is the religious-societal domination problem which has led to greed for wealth and ownership. However, the spirituality says that after all the belongings one gathers, on their death bed one takes with them nothing but a single piece of clothing and 6ft squared of space if buried or nothing at all. The church gatherings are just a means to meet new people with same ideas to push forward and general thought. With that said there is no problem but the one created by the church to hide what is in plain sight and allow the influence of alcohol and drugs to destroy one's life. We have to also note the culture you are brought up in determines your end result but you have an input to either listen to advise to become spiritual or non-spiritual and whether you become spiritually good or bad. As in guns don't kill people, people do kind of scenario. The message is basically to honour your mother and father, Easter celebrates the change to having longer days than nights on one side of the plain to another and vice-versa. In effect, the problem is what you been taught and how dossal you have been to it not to look around you and observe nature.
mdhedayetullah27t

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:54:11 PM
Merited by Biomech (1)

The most problem with atheism is people in our society today who have the atheist point of view on religion, which is the belief that there is no god, are going against the so-called norms of society, and therefore are seen as deviant. Deviance is just an idea. Society determines what is deviant by the ideas they hold of what should be the norm. Atheism is seen as a negative deviance, or below the norm. They have a status that is placed on them in society. It doesn’t necessarily mean that they believe in evil, although that is how it is sometimes viewed from people in society who have a specific religion or faith. Atheism, which is not a new idea, has been evolving in our society, and is the reason for problems leading to debate and court cases, and for discrimination and labeling.
gledit

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 01:57:50 PM

I beleive firmly, that just as peole have the absolute 'right' to beleifs and religeon and quite rightly to practise and assemble while expreesing their chosen religeon; surely the same rights should be extended equally to atheists?
I can imagine though, the furore one would make, on a soap box in any capital city, espousing very devout atheist views.
For example if an individual (allegedly,) with extreme vitriol had anti Christian, anti Islamic and anti - Hinduism views; and even went so far as bringing a scentific evidential, structured arguement along...They would be carted off by the police for a 'hate crime' or similar. 'Racism' maybe. I personally am Christian, but am playing devils advocate here, because, I do think the status quo is unbalanced.
Sg.
Cheerfulmule

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:48:02 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 06:32:56 PM by Cheerfulmule

Let me start by making it clear that I am an atheist.

The problem I have with the atheist agenda is that is stops at 'the non existence of God' - the same logic is not applied consistently to the whole of the human condition.

If I examine my life and use this same 'spaghetti monster' logic, I am drawn to the same conclusions about all my actions and activities - they are all as equally pointless and irrational as worshiping God.

If I rationally examine my sense of self I realize that it is just a genetic innovation - it encourages self preservation - genetic selfishness creates a genetically induced illusion of self worth.

My desire to survive is itself as delusional as a belief in God - pain and my fear of pain are a genetically induced survival mechanism I am in thrall to.

If I believe in God and survive then it is no different to not believing in God and surviving - nature will select for survival.

But my actual survival is meaningless whether I believe in God or otherwise.

This is the only conclusion that can be logically formed from a real examination of life.

Atheism is merely another tribal display - a peacock's tail trying to attract a mate through a verbal display of intelligence.

I respect your opinion and principle sir, you view the world differently in your own perspective, Believing into something we cant see is obviously impossible for you to put your faith into something like that. The point is, you have your own angle of truth, the same with people who believe in "God". They have their own version of truth. Maybe your'e right or maybe your'e wrong at all. Im not sure.
No one can prove anything because both have loopholes.
I believe there's a creator/god. But i respect yours sir.

⟨   EraSwapToken.io   ⟩  ⟩  ICO Active   Join Now  ⟩
Brings You A Time Trading Social Community Platform
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: