Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 11:52:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BPMC Launch BF1 USB miner - probably the fastest USB miner in the World  (Read 42016 times)
integrity42

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 12:39:20 PM

Good we paid $130 per chip... and? You want to say what? We are lying? I think there are about 11 people in the COOP can verify what we paid per chip.

Looks like you guys didn't do enough math when purchasing from bitfury -- you overpaid for chips.  Even at $130 just for the chips, they will never ROI

http://www.btcinvest.net/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=86933017.771194&dcosts=320&diff_mincrease=25&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=2500&diff_mincreasedecrease=3&btcusd=127.38&dpowcon=5&btcusd_mincrease=1&pcost=0.15&calcweeks=32&dleadtime=0&action=calc

Better plug them all in ASAP and mine with them as fast as you can.  You should also consider lowering the price to 1BTC now , because you will be stuck with useless hardware that will never ROI in a few months and then they'll be worth 0.1BTC...... get rid of this useless inventory asap.

Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:40:30 PM

Today I would pay 1BTC (+ship) each or 2.1 for two incl. shipping.  Smiley

Pay for 2 devices at full price and get the 2nd device free!
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:41:17 PM

I think you have a great product here, but the price is too high.

I'll order some in the future if the price is competitive in a future batch.

Good luck, having competition for in stock ASIC mining hardware is a good thing!
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:41:43 PM

Good we paid $130 per chip... and? You want to say what? We are lying? I think there are about 11 people in the COOP can verify what we paid per chip.

Better plug them all in ASAP and mine with them as fast as you can.  You should also consider lowering the price to 1BTC now , because you will be stuck with useless hardware that will never ROI in a few months and then they'll be worth 0.1BTC...... get rid of this useless inventory asap.

Not everyone will buy them for profit in btc.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:43:19 PM

Ignored LackofIntegrity.

We did all sorts of math unfortunately you don't like the math we have used. Like addition where we added up what it costs us to produce the units and the difference between that and making a small profit versus mining the units.

Buy if you want or don't but SCREAMING like that for no other reason to spread FUD is a bit much. 28 posts and WHAM! Wonders never cease.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:43:32 PM

No, if we can't sell them we will mine with them. Been said already we are not under any financial difficulty so we have no need to lower the price if we don't break even we don't sell.

Message me if you have any problems
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:45:41 PM

It be a good platform to test things on and get your hubs ready etc for a larger buy I can see that as well Sitarow.

If we could only magically make the chips we bought cost less and the time we put in be reduced by half.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:48:11 PM

what hubs are they running on? where can they be purchased?
monsters4r

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:48:56 PM

we are not under any financial difficulty so we have no need to lower the price

And we don't need to buy it  Roll Eyes

Have a good mining  Smiley

--- APOM - Anti Pre-Order Movement ---
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:49:51 PM

No Kev said he is not selling those hubs. We hope to have our own hub out in October but really we want to focus on these units and clear these sales and move on to the next phase.

Bicknellski

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:50:17 PM

we are not under any financial difficulty so we have no need to lower the price

And we don't need to buy it  Roll Eyes

Have a good mining  Smiley

Agreed. You have a good morning (mining?) as well. Grin

dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 12:52:34 PM

If you are looking for hubs I have a couple of 20 port Sipolar hubs for sale (tested and working with 20 BEs)
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:56:36 PM

No Kev said he is not selling those hubs. We hope to have our own hub out in October but really we want to focus on these units and clear these sales and move on to the next phase.

Okay, let me rephrase. If someone wanted to buy say 100 or these USB's, what kind of USB hub requirments are going to be needed?
GodHatesFigs

Activity: 557
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:57:08 PM

Unwatch / disable notifications
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:01:08 PM

Okay, let me rephrase. If someone wanted to buy say 100 or these USB's, what kind of USB hub requirments are going to be needed?

They were bought in China I don't know even if they are branded... so Kev would have to give you the skinny on them if he wants. Send him a PM maybe?

viriat0

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:03:20 PM

2 Blades = 7/8/9 BTC = 20 GH/S
Blades are over priced, the BTC cost (~8 BTC for 2 of them) is either above what you will return or just on par with it.
i.e. you give away BTC then MAYBE get it back many months later ... i.e. over priced

Compared only Price / hashrate.

wndrbr3d

Activity: 914

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:05:17 PM

The thing that always gets me about people complaining about the price of ASIC's is this: How much would you sell your machine that prints money for? That's essentially the question. You sell it for more money then it prints.Thats the answer (essentially, minus consideration for electricity costs and other stuff).

This is why I feel ASICMiner did it right in that they just held onto the hardware themselves and once they printed off a boatload of money for profit, they sold the hardware once it's ROI dropped.

I wouldn't expect a single ASIC company to sell a ASIC miner at a price that isn't equal (or worse) than ROI, because what investor would put their money behind that? "We COULD make more money, but we're going to sell the hardware and make less instead?"
Meizirkki

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:12:35 PM

I feel truly sorry for you for making such a stupid move. Those immediately available samples are for development purposes.
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:12:56 PM

The thing that always gets me about people complaining about the price of ASIC's is this: How much would you sell your machine that prints money for? That's essentially the question. You sell it for more money then it prints.Thats the answer (essentially, minus consideration for electricity costs and other stuff).

This is why I feel ASICMiner did it right in that they just held onto the hardware themselves and once they printed off a boatload of money for profit, they sold the hardware once it's ROI dropped.

I wouldn't expect a single ASIC company to sell a ASIC miner at a price that isn't equal (or worse) than ROI, because what investor would put their money behind that? "We COULD make more money, but we're going to sell the hardware and make less instead?"

Well then, no point in visiting this sub-forum any more then.  Roll Eyes

Although I agree to a point, seems like ASIC's are too tempting for most people to handle dependably.

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:14:39 PM

I feel truly sorry for you for making such a stupid move. Those immediately available samples are for development purposes.

I don't think putting up 130$ a chip is stupid when we bought the chip and the timeline we projected to have something mining. We like most people in this game probably miscalculated that aspect but oh well there is always cheaper chips and another opportunity with the same working product... not too stupid I think. Psst this is a development run sorta right?

Also remember we had the money set aside for a 11,000 K1 Nano USB miner run and pulled the plug on it so we were keen as COOP to have something hashing. You know what I am pretty proud of the guys that pulled this off actually Kev, Turt, Ti, Andre, and some other helpers worldwide to get it hashing at 2.5+. We went from thought to shipping units in what 6 weeks? Pretty impressive work from the COOP there.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: