Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:18:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BPMC Launch BF1 USB miner - probably the fastest USB miner in the World  (Read 42012 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:44:59 AM

So the 'possible' but not likely, break even BTC price for 2.2GH/s mining is now ~0.65BTC if you get it today - i.e. unlikely to do much better than ~0 BTC profit if you pay 0.65BTC for 2.2GH/s

That's assuming 20% per diff change, which the average over the last 10 diff changes has been higher than 20% (the last 4 have been almost 30% or more)

i.e. at 20% diff each change, 100 days mining, 2.2GH/s = ~ 0.54294555 BTC
at 20% diff each change, 200 days mining, 2.2GH/s = ~ 0.65738121 BTC

N.B. those BTC return numbers are VERY likely to be an over estimate.

Was the price posted?

2.3 - 2.7 Gh/s is the range I think Kevin was getting when burning in.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
scooter

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:43:29 AM

If I had the money I would buy some and quickly sell them for double on ebay.
It seemed to work well for people when the BE's came out.
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:47:20 AM

Notice we are not selling them on Ebay?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 05:55:04 PM

Is that your way of saying "buy a bunch in a batch so you can resell and flip them for profit instead of mine on them like they are desinged for"

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
coldbreeze16

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:42:28 PM

Is that your way of saying "buy a bunch in a batch so you can resell and flip them for profit instead of mine on them like they are desinged for"

+1  ^this. Methinks they'll hardly ever ROI so they were actually just made for being resold, not mining  Grin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory‎
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:15:14 PM

+1  ^this. Methinks they'll hardly ever ROI so they were actually just made for being resold, not mining  Grin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory‎

Thank you for existing Ebay!

I'll never understand why so many people frown upon reselling.  It's a free market.  No one's forced to buy.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 11:17:28 PM

Thank you for existing Ebay!

I'll never understand why so many people frown upon reselling.  It's a free market.  No one's forced to buy.
Because majority of consumers want to consume a product, not make money

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
rob143

Activity: 138

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 11:25:55 PM

A guy on Ebay prints a case for the Block Erupters, figured out how to cram a usb hub in there and slapped a fan on top, sells the unit for $399 on Ebay. These are faster, less micky mouse so at $399 would still be a better value.
terrapinflyer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 11:31:37 PM

A guy on Ebay prints a case for the Block Erupters, figured out how to cram a usb hub in there and slapped a fan on top, sells the unit for $399 on Ebay. These are faster, less micky mouse so at $399 would still be a better value.

Link?
rob143

Activity: 138

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 11:48:26 PM

Link?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASIC-Bitcoin-Quick-Miner-USB-2-Gh-s-Plug-and-Play-with-Fan-Blue-Quick-Miner-/281165695726
terrapinflyer

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 12:49:34 AM

That is a cool product. I wonder how many he has sold at that price...
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 12:51:14 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2013, 01:03:59 AM by Bicknellski

My way of saying we came to a knowledgeable part of the community, offered our wares at our price and have accepted our fate up or down on sales as opposed to "fleecing" people who might not have the same level of understanding or access to this forum. Reselling is fine, ebay is fine, just not how we have gone about it and no my statement merely points to the fact the we are trying whenever possible to be ethical in business practices. We are also trying to open up a positive dialogue with the community for future products. We want to do more to provide products that are available and meet the needs of this community.

Bicknellski

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 12:54:28 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2013, 01:07:34 PM by Bicknellski

Got my Units today...

Shipping on 9, 1 going to ckolivas, keeping 1 to play with.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1819

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:04:56 PM

My way of saying we came to a knowledgeable part of the community, offered our wares at our price and have accepted our fate up or down on sales as opposed to "fleecing" people who might not have the same level of understanding or access to this forum. Reselling is fine, ebay is fine, just not how we have gone about it and no my statement merely points to the fact the we are trying whenever possible to be ethical in business practices. We are also trying to open up a positive dialogue with the community for future products. We want to do more to provide products that are available and meet the needs of this community.

It's your way of saying ... you made a mistake and want to pass that mistake off completely to the buyers and turn it into a profit for you.
(with a hidden - 'suckers')

Until ASIC, the needs of the community was hardware that mined more BTC than it cost.
People other than very late BTC miners, did this with GPUs and FPGAs.

Since ASIC, the standard for some ASIC chip and board manufacturers has been to sell hardware at a BTC price above what it will return and then pretend to be an idiot and not know that you are ripping people off ... or worse ... make up copious amounts of bullshit arguing that you aren't ripping people off but instead doing right by them.
The most common of these of late is: "Why sell hardware when you could make more mining with it - better to make EVEN more by selling it - and thus making the buyers lose BTC"

Of course this can be described as a ponzi if you realise that the only positive exit strategy is passing the loss on to the next buyer ... even if sometimes there is only one step - the first sale of the devices

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:06:54 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2013, 01:41:59 PM by Bicknellski

Back on ignore Kano don't really have the time to play or care about your slant on things. Might want to go look for more free hardware somewhere else like the Monarch or something equally fantasmagorical.

Spin it how you like. Moving forward batch two and some newer BTC mining projects and BTC mining accessory like hubs.

Kevin and Beastlymac I am guessing most are sold now ya boys?

Really looking forward to the end of November with those really efficient chips coming down the pipe.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:22:57 PM

@kano, you can buy the ones available now at 2.1 BTC, or you can wait next month and the next batch, those will be cheaper.

bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:23:17 PM

If next batch's will be cheaper, and this batch isn't selling, would it not be prudent to reduce these a little to see if you can sell them before the next batch?  October delivery chips have USB sticks promising BTC.4.  I'd pay BTC1 BTC.8 now to have one of these early.  Just saying.

Edit: did the calculations.  Even at BTC1 it's a gamble that difficulty won't continue to skyrocket for the next year.
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:28:18 PM

-snip-

Kevin and Beastlymac I am guessing most are sold now ya boys?

Only about 20 left also most of those are reserved for payment in the coming days.

Message me if you have any problems
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:30:01 PM

If next batch's will be cheaper, and this batch isn't selling, would it not be prudent to reduce these a little to see if you can sell them before the next batch?  October delivery chips have USB sticks promising BTC.4.  I'd pay BTC1 BTC.8 now to have one of these early.  Just saying.

Edit: did the calculations.  Even at BTC1 it's a gamble that difficulty won't continue to skyrocket for the next year.
Next batch WILL be cheaper. But the current batch is almost sold out so we won't be dropping prices.

Message me if you have any problems
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:48:57 PM

im confused. with block erupters being around 0.13 BTC with 336 mhash, and the BF1 being 2.1 BTC with 2.5ghash, you would need 8 block erupters to have the equivalent power. it's still like a 1BTC cheaper. Yeah you need hubs and it's a nuisance etc etc, but still cheaper. why not go for block erupters??  Huh

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender