Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:58:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BPMC Launch BF1 USB miner - probably the fastest USB miner in the World  (Read 42016 times)
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:51:37 PM

im confused. with block erupters being around 0.13 BTC with 336 mhash, and the BF1 being 2.1 BTC with 2.5ghash, you would need 8 block erupters to have the equivalent power. it's still like a 1BTC cheaper. Yeah you need hubs and it's a nuisance etc etc, but still cheaper. why not go for block erupters??  Huh

Agreed, although 8 erupters use 8x the power of 1 BF1, which makes a small difference. 

Unlike some, I'm not personally offended that these are overpriced, but I think at this price they'll have a hard time moving.  If they come down I'll re-evaluate, but right now I'm looking for a price point of ~ BTC.4 for October delivery chips, realistically in my hands in November.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:38:00 PM

im confused. with block erupters being around 0.13 BTC with 336 mhash, and the BF1 being 2.1 BTC with 2.5ghash, you would need 8 block erupters to have the equivalent power. it's still like a 1BTC cheaper. Yeah you need hubs and it's a nuisance etc etc, but still cheaper. why not go for block erupters??  Huh

Agreed, although 8 erupters use 8x the power of 1 BF1, which makes a small difference. 

Unlike some, I'm not personally offended that these are overpriced, but I think at this price they'll have a hard time moving.  If they come down I'll re-evaluate, but right now I'm looking for a price point of ~ BTC.4 for October delivery chips, realistically in my hands in November.

At that price point there might be no point to a batch 2... depends on the chips costs and BTC price as well as difficulty. One can wish for an ROI price but the reality for someone doing the fabrication has to be is it worth it and given the first batch is a novelty and limited quantity a second batch needs to be on time and price point perfect to move sufficient quantity. Still up in the air... there is definitely a window but it is closing fast on this chip.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
integrity42

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 12:14:19 PM

More like its already closed. KnC starting to ship soon.  BitFury will have to sell chips for $2-5 soon for it to make sense to manufacture any more of these things.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4536
Merit: 1847

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:16:06 AM

Indeed - if KnC or HashFast deliver ... not a chance of return from these over priced items.
... though that is already true of the first batch without KnC or HashFast delivering.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:41:21 AM

The hobbyist miners will still buy these in mass quantities because the low price of entry compared to big rigs... ROI or not.  Why do people continue to ignore the fact that 100+% ROI is not the ultimate goal for thousands of hobbyist miners?!  And continuing to demand that ASIC makers lower their price is completely ridiculous when they are selling everything they can make the second its off of the production line.
kevinm (OP)

Activity: 228

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:03:37 AM

The price has been reduced for a cpl of days now, I should have updated the thread before now to avoid any confusion.

cheers,
kev
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 10:17:59 AM

Why do people continue to ignore the fact that 100+% ROI is not the ultimate goal for thousands of hobbyist miners?!

You speak about those guys complaining every day about bad luck and which pool can give them the biggest reward ? Cheesy

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:33:40 AM

Why do people continue to ignore the fact that 100+% ROI is not the ultimate goal for thousands of hobbyist miners?!

You speak about those guys complaining every day about bad luck and which pool can give them the biggest reward ? Cheesy

I'm not sure what you're driving at?  Are you implying that hobbyist miners are complainers?  I think you may be confusing "newbies" with "hobbyists".  A newbie with a single USB stick and an Nvidia card complaining that Slush is ripping him off because he didn't make as many bitcoins this week as he did last week is not the same as a hobbyist.

A hobbyist takes great interest in the hobby and does research and tries to participate in a useful way.  They may not be as sophisticated and knowledgable as those who do this for a living but they are what makes this community diverse and vibrant.

And annoying newbies aren't always hopeless either.  Everyone was one at one time.  Wink
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 01:09:40 PM

There's nothing wrong with being a hobbyist. But it's a known secret that with rising diff and high prices only the seller will make a profit. Everyone can decide for itself but for newbies it's nothing but fair if people like Kano point out that stuff wont be profitable.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:19:56 PM

There's nothing wrong with being a hobbyist. But it's a known secret that with rising diff and high prices only the seller will make a profit. Everyone can decide for itself but for newbies it's nothing but fair if people like Kano point out that stuff wont be profitable.

Ya that is true too bad he doesn't do that same service to warn people off BFL seems pretty suspect... what's that you say he got a free unit from them? Really?

No one is hiding the facts here especially those who have fabricated the units and brought them to the community. You may want to buy or not that is fair, you can post your concerns about ROI fair enough just make sure you are doing it consistently across the board not just dropping little turds on people's threads because they don't like they way you do business. I have 0 respect for Kano's new found community protective spirit given the rank amateur status for backing and promoting BFL given their record. If he were really a champion for the community he would be leading the charge to help people AVOID really financial ruin by investing in BFL. Hypocrisy is not a luxury he should be indulging in.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Meizirkki

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:54:41 PM

I think he's talking about those people who are willing to buy a sub 100€ item just to help the network. Sounds hypocrite but those people exist. Smiley
kano
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:53:45 PM

Ya that is true too bad he doesn't do that same service to warn people off BFL seems pretty suspect...
Posting lies to cover something up? What's he hiding? ...

It is a worry when someone who is selling hardware is knowingly doing this.
I have replied specifically to you posting this, twice before:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269950.msg2956636#msg2956636

And:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292118.msg3157285#msg3157285

As I said before about Bicknellski: misdirection.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292118.msg3165417#msg3165417

He's under the delusion that I have some need to hide my thoughts about BFL, yet both the above, that he has read, seem pretty clear to me, and I am sure clear to anyone else who reads them.
Also:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg2977089#msg2977089
The reason I mostly avoid that thread is coz I've made it clear about BFL in there but that thread is full of rubbish.
It is easy enough to find negative things about BFL, but in there they seem to just say anything to try and get attention whether is is true or ludicrous.
I'm sure most people would prefer to avoid that tread.

I will also point out that Bicknellski is the same person who (failed) but tried to convince the Klondike teams to not support the cgminer developers (myself and/or ckolivas)
He didn't want them to supply us with hardware to help develop the cgminer software. Interesting, him trying to do that Tongue For what reason?
Funniest thing about this is that I am still spending time with the biggest Klondike team working on cgminer and helping them get the Klondike hardware going in a basecamp project with 11 other people.
If they send me a Klondike board (which they might) it really wont be making me a fortune for my effort so far and the future effort I will expend on supporting it - but that's OK by me - I am still working with them.

Yes indeed Bicknellski is a lowlife and looking at how this thread has succeeded in passing their loss off to their customers and turning it into their own profit, I'm sure others could think of other words to describe him.

Meanwhile Tongue These BitFury chips are still slower than BFL chips but also use less power than the BFL chips ...
Cmon HashFast, KnC, can't someone hurry up and release a single chip that's faster than the BFL ASIC Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:25:44 PM

Ya that is true too bad he doesn't do that same service to warn people off BFL seems pretty suspect...
Posting lies to cover something up? What's he hiding? ...

It is a worry when someone who is selling hardware is knowingly doing this.
I have replied specifically to you posting this, twice before:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269950.msg2956636#msg2956636

And:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292118.msg3157285#msg3157285

As I said before about Bicknellski: misdirection.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292118.msg3165417#msg3165417

He's under the delusion that I have some need to hide my thoughts about BFL, yet both the above, that he has read, seem pretty clear to me, and I am sure clear to anyone else who reads them.
Also:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg2977089#msg2977089
The reason I mostly avoid that thread is coz I've made it clear about BFL in there but that thread is full of rubbish.
It is easy enough to find negative things about BFL, but in there they seem to just say anything to try and get attention whether is is true or ludicrous.
I'm sure most people would prefer to avoid that tread.

I will also point out that Bicknellski is the same person who (failed) but tried to convince the Klondike teams to not support the cgminer developers (myself and/or ckolivas)
He didn't want them to supply us with hardware to help develop the cgminer software. Interesting, him trying to do that Tongue For what reason?
Funniest thing about this is that I am still spending time with the biggest Klondike team working on cgminer and helping them get the Klondike hardware going in a basecamp project with 11 other people.
If they send me a Klondike board (which they might) it really wont be making me a fortune for my effort so far and the future effort I will expend on supporting it - but that's OK by me - I am still working with them.

Yes indeed Bicknellski is a lowlife and looking at how this thread has succeeded in passing their loss off to their customers and turning it into their own profit, I'm sure others could think of other words to describe him.

Meanwhile Tongue These BitFury chips are still slower than BFL chips but also use less power than the BFL chips ...
Cmon HashFast, KnC, can't someone hurry up and release a single chip that's faster than the BFL ASIC Smiley

You've got some serious narcissism problems, dude, and are lobbing dangerous accusations of delusions from your glass house.
WinterParker

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

Dock.io

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 03:26:39 PM

wait the price is really ~ 2 BTC??

▀ ▀ ▀▀▀
                 ▄█▄
         ▄▄      ███
         ▀██▄    ███
      ▄▄▄▄▄███▄  ███
   ▄███████████▀ ███
 ▄███▀    ▄██▀   ███
▄███     ██▀     ███
███              ███
███              ███
███▄            ▄███
 ███▄          ▄███
  ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
    ▀▀████████▀

██                            ██               ▄▄
          ██                            ██               ▀▀
          ██                            ██     ▄▄
  ▄██████▄██    ▄██████▄      ▄██████▄  ██   ▄██▀        ██    ▄██████▄
▄██▀    ▀███  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▄██▀    ▀▀  ██ ▄██▀          ██  ▄██▀    ▀██▄
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          █████▄           ██  ██        ██
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          ██▀▀██▄          ██  ██        ██
▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄▄  ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄▄  ██  ▀██▄    ▄██▀
  ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀  ██     ▀██  ███  ██    ▀██████▀

▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        TWITTER        TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:26:48 PM

Really?! Still Not Allowed to buy One unit? we MUST buy a batch of five?

wait the price is really ~ 2 BTC??
It was, But then the OP changed the price to 1.4btc each

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
kano
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 04:40:24 PM

You've got some serious narcissism problems, dude, and are lobbing dangerous accusations of delusions from your glass house.
You're posting your delusions - no proof - as is typical.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 04:44:40 PM

You're posting your delusions* - no proof - as is typical.

EDIT: I see you've been studying hard at the Zerlan Institute of Public Relations, huh ? Wink Typical.
Meizirkki

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:12:29 PM

You're posting your delusions - no proof - as is typical.
said josh about 1000 times
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:59:48 PM

Kevin,

Do you have a picture as to what the shipping will be in? Will it be just a unit wrapped in bubble wrap or maybe a package like the AM BE's?

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
LainZ

Activity: 146

@WiRED

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:38:42 PM

Strange how chips vendors (BFL, Bitfury, Avalon) have turned members of this mining community against each other!

Meanwhile, who's the fastest?

https://ghash.io/

They have always known that faith in money is a mass illusion, however they never considered that they wouldn’t be in charge of the illusion - Jon Matonis
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - Richard Feynman
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: