Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:59:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BPMC Launch BF1 USB miner - probably the fastest USB miner in the World  (Read 42012 times)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:33:30 PM

You're posting your delusions - no proof - as is typical.
said josh about 1000 times
Heh, funny, your argument and Xian01's about providing any proof, is to say that someone else you dislike asks for proof.

Directly implying that you think proof and truth are a bad thing.

Well - glad we cleared that up.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:37:38 PM

What does this have to do with the BF1?

kano
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:39:08 PM

There's nothing wrong with being a hobbyist. But it's a known secret that with rising diff and high prices only the seller will make a profit. Everyone can decide for itself but for newbies it's nothing but fair if people like Kano point out that stuff wont be profitable.
Yes indeed Bicknellski is a lowlife and looking at how this thread has succeeded in passing their loss off to their customers and turning it into their own profit, I'm sure others could think of other words to describe him.

Meanwhile Tongue These BitFury chips are still slower than BFL chips but also use less power than the BFL chips ...
Cmon HashFast, KnC, can't someone hurry up and release a single chip that's faster than the BFL ASIC Smiley
Strange how chips vendors (BFL, Bitfury, Avalon) have turned members of this mining community against each other!

Meanwhile, who's the fastest?

https://ghash.io/
For me this post is nothing to do with the chip vendors, read my post, don't remove 2 pieces of information that show that.
(... you got the quoting wrong)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:45:34 PM

I believe his root argument is that mining with these, or any other available ASIC today, is not profitable, and feels the need to preach this like the fate of our species relies on that knowledge.

Begs the question why he's into writing mining software to begin with, if not to get free ASIC's as a form of profit.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:52:27 PM

I believe his root argument is that mining with these, or any other available ASIC today, is not profitable, and feels the need to preach this like the fate of our species relies on that knowledge.

Since you find it impossible to read and understand what I have posted in here I'll repeat it - rather than have you adjust what I've said to something I have not said - not unexpected at all though from you.

The first batch was 2.1BTC - no chance in hell of getting that back PPS mining - they will probably get back 1/3 of that.
So yes clearly a BTC loss - clear for all but the mathematically challenged.
Bicknellski and his cronies overpaid for the chips (they were priced and called 'dev' chips for a reason that was clearly beyond their understanding) and once they realised their mistake, they decided to sell their hardware they were mining on, at a price to convert that loss into a profit, by providing a high loss to their buyers. Seems they have succeeded in converting that loss to a profit for themselves.

It's is simple to estimate which ASIC anyone buys will lose BTC.
A lot do lose.
I take it that is too complex for you to estimate?

FYI - just to add some more amusing information on the subject Smiley
Bicknellski sent one to ckolivas - even though ckolivas asked him to send it to me since ckolivas is rather short on time to do the driver at the moment ... though I had a requirement before I'd consider writing the driver, and that was that their next batch price wasn't a rip off like the first batch. Anyway, Bicknellski wouldn't send it to me. No big deal it is only 2.5GH/s - and wont make much BTC at all for the time and effort to support it - but it probably also means a driver delay for those who paid him all that BTC Cheesy No big deal - one less BTC hardware item to add to my growing list of hardware that I support for the community even when they don't make a profit for me Smiley It will be done by ckolivas soon enough and he'll support it - so again no big deal. The only side effect will be that if anyone asks me for support of them I'll refer them to ckolivas - yet again no big deal Smiley

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:42:04 AM

I take it that is too complex for you to estimate?

Shut up, Josh.

FYI - just to add some more amusing information on the subject Smiley
Bicknellski sent one to ckolivas - even though ckolivas asked him to send it to me since ckolivas is rather short on time to do the driver at the moment ... though I had a requirement before I'd consider writing the driver, and that was that their next batch price wasn't a rip off like the first batch. Anyway, Bicknellski wouldn't send it to me. No big deal it is only 2.5GH/s - and wont make much BTC at all for the time and effort to support it - but it probably also means a driver delay for those who paid him all that BTC Cheesy No big deal - one less BTC hardware item to add to my growing list of hardware that I support for the community even when they don't make a profit for me Smiley It will be done by ckolivas soon enough and he'll support it - so again no big deal. The only side effect will be that if anyone asks me for support of them I'll refer them to ckolivas - yet again no big deal Smiley

I appreciate the anecdote, but could you have made it without coming across as more of a self-important, arrogant and pompous douche-bag ?

Anyway, this thread is not about you.

*hugs*

PS: As to your driver delay, hell has frozen over, and BFGMiner has been rock-solid running my Erupter USB's for almost (heh) two weeks now, and I'll be using it to drive the BF1's as it's already supported.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:09:01 AM

There's always BFGMiner if CGMiner doesn't work with the Redfury USBs.  Wink
kano
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:19:20 AM

There's always BitMinter if CGMiner doesn't work with the Redfury USBs.  Wink
FTFY
But indeed as I said, once ckolivas gets the time he'll do the driver.

Yet another time a developer is losing out to help someone make a profit Smiley

That used to only be the realm of the big manufacturers, not the small/DIY groups.
Seems that's changed now also.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:50:25 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 03:38:54 AM by Bicknellski

There's always BFGMiner if CGMiner doesn't work with the Redfury USBs.  Wink

I am hoping that CKolivas will in his spare time devote some energy to the BF1 USB I sent him which should arrive by Wednesday. I suppose I could release the full text of the PM between CKolivas and I but that would be pretty embarassing for Kano so I won't. Although he asked me directly to think about giving Kano the unit I declined because Kano purposefully dumps on threads and manufacturers that don't play ball with him as was directly inferred PM's with Ckolivas. (free hardware, kiss his ass = smooth ride). Extortionists don't get anything from me. Let it be known I will with every fiber of my being AVOID sending anything to Kano and I think the community should take a long hard look at his efforts to support BFL when clearly people were going to lose money. When Luke Jr. asked for a BF1 I gave him the same speech. No I wouldn't ever think about putting a device in your hand due to your lack of integrity with the whole BFL fiasco. Open Source Software developers and Open Source projects in general need to remain neutral but these guys are not playing that way. CKolivas is neutral and we need more people like that.

Code:
12. License Must Be Technology-Neutral
No provision of the license may be predicated on any individual technology, specific part or component, material, or style of interface or use thereof.

Unfortunately by acting in this way they have stretched the spirit of the open source code by being 'cheerleaders' for some projects and 'vehement' detractors of others. Maybe if people stop using them they might just go away? Either way it is a pattern especially in Kano with Avalon, now these units and his ardent support for BFL. Sickening.

And let us be clear.

I have sold 8 units personally and that is the extent of my "benefit" from these units being sold to the community and further to that I have worked to find a fair and equitable solution to the ROI issue with my buyer that includes discounts on any future boards I produce so I am very much aware of the shortcomings of these units and have done my utmost to mitigate the pain as it were. So far be it from me to expect Kano to know that but I guess we can see what his real agenda is here it is personally directed at me and has little or nothing at all to do with PROTECTING the consumer. I suggest people should avoid sending him hardware as there is a clear pattern of extortion and false accusations littering the threads read the Avalon fiaso threads for his pattern. If you give him hardware then he is more likely to support your cause and promote it. Ignore him at your peril is the lesson here. The remaining units I own are being donated to developers for study, one is in Software the other Hardware, but ya I am out to screw over the community that is right. Nothing like donating to support the community right? Like I did with the DIY BKK build? My pattern of behavior is completely different than what Kano is trying unsuccessfully to paint it as. However his is pretty plain to see for all who follow his posts.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:01:45 AM

I am hoping that CKolivas will in his spare time devote some energy to the BF1 USB I sent him which should arrive by Wednesday. I suppose I could release the full text of the PM between CKolivas and I but that would be pretty embarassing for Kano so I won't.
Please do - I am in no way concerned about hiding the truth - unlike you clearly are.

I've asked ckolivas and he said he didn't mind.

Although he asked me directly to think about giving Kano the unit I declined because Kano purposefully dumps on threads and manufacturers that don't play ball with him as was directly inferred PM's with Ckolivas. (free hardware, kiss his ass = smooth ride). Extortionists don't get anything from me. Let it be known I will with every fiber of my being AVOID sending anything to Kano
As I said, I had a requirement of you not ripping off the community before I'd accept the hardware ... so yes I'm glad you won't be sending me hardware, coz it would end up in the bin, I'd not dirty my hands with it. You have already rejected that, so certainly in future, I'd certainly not support hardware from someone who got in on a project that was already ripping off their buyers and then promote it and sell some of it themselves.

... and I think the community should take a long hard look at his efforts to support BFL when clearly people were going to lose money.
Feel free to point out my efforts to support BFL.
Come on, you seem to think it is obvious, thus it must be easy for you to find links ... hell I'm sure if you even picked one link completely out of context somewhere you'd be able to find something to back your misdirection.

When Luke Jr. asked for a BF1 I gave him the same speech. No I wouldn't ever think about putting a device in your hand due to your lack of integrity with the whole BFL fiasco. Open Source Software developers and Open Source projects in general need to remain neutral but these guys are not playing that way. CKolivas is neutral and we need more people like that.

Code:
12. License Must Be Technology-Neutral
No provision of the license may be predicated on any individual technology, specific part or component, material, or style of interface or use thereof.

Unfortunately by acting in this way they have stretched the spirit of the open source code by being 'cheerleaders' for some projects and 'vehement' detractors of others. Maybe if people stop using them they might just go away? Either way it is a pattern especially in Kano with Avalon, now these units and his ardent support for BFL. Sickening.
OK, you make a claim - where is this ardent support?
Come on, you couldn't be making this up and trying to detract from yourself could you?
Where is the ardent support you are lying about?

And let us be clear.

I have sold 8 units personally and that is the extent of my "benefit" from these units being sold to the community and further to that I have worked to find a fair and equitable solution to the ROI issue with my buyer that includes discounts on any future boards I produce so I am very much aware of the shortcomings of these units and have done my utmost to mitigate the pain as it were. So far be it from me to expect Kano to know that but I guess we can see what his real agenda is here it is personally directed at me and has little or nothing at all to do with PROTECTING the consumer. I suggest people should avoid sending him hardware as there is a clear pattern of extortion and false accusations littering the threads read the Avalon fiaso threads for his pattern. If you give him hardware then he is more likely to support your cause and promote it. Ignore him at your peril is the lesson here. The remaining units I own are being donated to developers for study, one is in Software the other Hardware, but ya I am out to screw over the community that is right. Nothing like donating to support the community right? Like I did with the DIY BKK build? My pattern of behavior is completely different than what Kano is trying unsuccessfully to paint it as. However his is pretty plain to see for all who follow his posts.
Klondike is still happening and I'm still working with them.
Where are you with Klondike? Left people out in the cold who gave you money?
I've no idea - but I certainly hope you haven't done that with the BTC you got for Klondike stuff.

Then you jumped here to someone who is trying to cover their losses by passing them on - which they, and you, have done.

Bicknellski

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:07:54 AM

When your own 'partner' calls you an asshole... not much more I can add.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:11:48 AM

When your own 'partner' calls you an asshole... not much more I can add.
Still hiding Smiley
Aww - thought you'd play a bluff and I wouldn't want everyone to read what was said?
Again - I call your bluff - post it.

Askit2

Activity: 981
Merit: 500

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:25:50 PM

There's always BFGMiner if CGMiner doesn't work with the Redfury USBs.  Wink

SNIP

And let us be clear.

For your complaints about BFL not making ROI it depends on how you define ROI.
ME: I spent ~$620 on a BFL FPGA Single (modded it for better thermal properties) and ran 864mHash. Then Spent BTC worth ~$620 on an upgrade Jalapeno pack (sure another FPGA would have been better as an investment). Paid for another single Jalapeno BTC worth ~$150. Paid for another 4 Jalapeno's with Bitcoins at ~650 and finally another 3 to even out the number to usb ports (16). I have paid for comic con in SLC with some of my Bitcoins 2 VIP tickets at $300 and $500 in spending money. I still have over 4K left over. Now did I make all my Bitcoins back> NO. I started with a bit over 600$ and have now ~800$ a month in income. I have so far 9 of the 16 Jalapeno's so I could be doing better but it isn't like I haven't made my money back.

To be fair it depends on how long a person is willing to wait if your product does make ROI and how they value it. But don't slam a company just because someone questions you. BFL did delay a long time, my order was glitched, I still did OK. I just don't value the purchases in BTC.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:17:06 AM

Can we call a ceasefire?  People know what they are getting into.  This thread is about the BF1 USB miner; not developer integrity or manufacturer integrity.  Kano has supported a lot of stuff, and Bicknellski has been supportive of the DIY community as far as I've seen.  I've participated in group buys with him and I've watched him refund K1's before he even received his refund.

Both of you guys are assets to bitcoin in one way or another.  Any way we can leave it at that?
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:09:04 AM

Meanwhile, somewhere in Texas...

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:33:54 AM

Can't we all agree on this (whether they will ever ROI or not), they look fookin' cool!

I could honestly care less about ROI as long as I can eventually have 10 of these hashing away in a hub next to my desk.  4 on the way from an eBay buy (not preorder either).  But I'll wait for the other 6 when the price drops a bit.
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:23:05 AM

Now if we can get some native windows drivers please?

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:41:54 AM

Now if we can get some native windows drivers please?

... CKolivas has received a unit. When / if he has spare time this might happen.

Bicknellski

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:42:44 AM

Purdy and a thanks to Turtle for helping you out.

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:47:48 AM

Purdy and a thanks to Turtle for helping you out.

Yes, big thanks to Turtle indeed ! Great work everyone involved with this project. Very exciting to see this next generation coming online.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: