Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:04:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How often do you check crypto prices?  (Voting closed: February 26, 2018, 08:06:10 AM)
Daily - 33 (57.9%)
Continuously - 10 (17.5%)
Every few days - 12 (21.1%)
Weekly - 2 (3.5%)
Total Voters: 57

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Checking crypto prices  (Read 932 times)
rbv

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:30:57 PM

i long-term hodl a few coins on paper wallets that never saw the web. nevertheless i check the market situation every other day simply out of curiosity and because it's only 1 click away.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neite99

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:38:31 PM

I used to check the prices almost every hour when I have first invested in crypto market but since the fail on prices I have decreased my checking to once a week.
cryptoblue

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:06:13 PM

As I have got a few coins, I usually check crypto prices daily. I think It is imperative for investors to check crypto prices as frequently as they can. Because I believe in crypto trading every moment count.

│ │   │      │      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━     IDA DIGITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT PTY, LTD     ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━      │      │   │ │
─────────      Digitize Real Assets On The Ida Platform, Join A Thriving Business Ecosystem      ─────────
││     WhitePaper     ││  │   Telegram   │   Twitter   │   Facebook   │   YouTube   │  │││     PRIVATE SALE is L I V E !     │││
BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:26:10 PM

I also the same. I check the price of cryptocurrency everyday everyhour cause I'm not only earning money by joining campaign in this fourm, I also earn money from trading as well. But at the downtrend I often didn't check the price for day cause I didn't wanna be panic because of the huge dump made the whole market painted in red. Smiley

alisaadat60

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:28:47 PM

I check crypto world and price three or four time in a day.I must be a little obsessive about this Wink
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:35:17 PM

Ok? What's the point of this?
Yeah  most of them do,especially if you're a day trader/person who trades frequently.
This is a kind of a custom to check prices almost every day,if you're an investor. So I don't see anything amusing here.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:45:52 PM

Weekly is the most preferable for me since if you are checking your crypots everyday or every moments you will mostly likely to hesitate and doubt the coin you invested with, and in fact checking daily or momentarily is just a waste of time since there is nothing much to happen in cryptos in just a day.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:55:59 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 09:07:20 PM by muncuss

When your portfolio down it's really hurt to check every day.
usually i check price only when i want to trade, as i'm not day trader and have real work.
rey.fudz15

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:34:26 PM

94% of those who own crypto currencies check them daily. I'm interested to see who often most prople here check.
actually since i learn there are existing apps for monitoring the prices of crypto via cp i tend to check prices from time to time, as in a few minutes interval  Cheesy
especially since the major correction happen few weeks back up until now.

creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:42:14 PM

94% of those who own crypto currencies check them daily. I'm interested to see who often most prople here check.
actually since i learn there are existing apps for monitoring the prices of crypto via cp i tend to check prices from time to time, as in a few minutes interval  Cheesy
especially since the major correction happen few weeks back up until now.

Yeah, most of here monitor the price everyday specially with newbies its normal I think. Personally, I look on the price once a week because I don't want to be stressed looking at a dumping price everyday and I need to focus on my long term goal. It will always depend on the your strategy if you are trading better to monitor it for not to loss big money.
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:43:56 PM

Despite the fact that I don't day by day exchange I generally check crypto costs everyday just to look at what's occurring in the market and to ensure that there's some change to the coins that i'm holding obviously it may influences my basic leadership by checking crypto value day by day yet it's a decent practice for me to learn and to settle on a greatly improved choices.

Nasty23

Activity: 736

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:48:32 PM

Despite the fact that I don't day by day exchange I generally check crypto costs everyday just to look at what's occurring in the market and to ensure that there's some change to the coins that i'm holding obviously it may influences my basic leadership by checking crypto value day by day yet it's a decent practice for me to learn and to settle on a greatly improved choices.
I'm also checked it day by day because sometimes it reaches my target sell area or buy area on which enables me to earn extra profit while holding it and can give me an additional pieces of coins. Checking crypto prices is a normal situation but we don't must be affect if the price is going down but thinking to buy more because it will going up again.

layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 10:58:53 PM

I just learn how to hold for a whole day,  for a whole week,  and for a whole month. Although I trust the coin,  I pretty make sure my investments are safe from sudden market crash. I also keep my self updated by being active in Twitter.

JCLee

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:22:58 PM

Checking the rates of cryptos with me is very common because now I am holding many altcoins as well as Bitcoin, checking the cryptos rates with me is a habit, whenever I have free time, I will check exchange rate of cryptos to see current markets are bump or dump Smiley)

kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:40:07 PM

I check daily price from coinmarketcap price for me working day trade i check every an hour for my investment because i always want to be updated to avoid loses for my trading job, monitoring are the best way to earn profits with hard work and patience.

pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:38:48 AM

I think I always look at the market every time I feel the need if it takes an hour, when I buy a cryptocurrency and still hold it waiting for a hike I will definitely continue to see the market not to miss a good moment, I'm not a professional trader so I'm easy to panic and feel the need to always look at the market.

e19293001

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:51:27 AM

Checking it regularly can be stressful and waste time.  So, I
created a script in python to access the trading site's API and
check the current price. Every morning, afternoon and evening,
this will send me an sms message of the current price since I
don't always get connected to the internet. If you know some
python, you could try it yourself. Just giving an idea.
yesss

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:09:54 AM

of course, I really need to look at every day what happened to the crypto that I bought and should see every day because I had the price increase for sure with that income.

As this is a new market, volatile and difficult to predict, so I think we must constantly monitor the market daily, hours to catch up the market and make plans. Specific to the most favorable trade. I usually use a computer with a touch screen phone to keep track of the market at all times, and update information at all times.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:41:30 AM

I check prices every day simply because a large chunk of my income is from cryptocurrencies so it is important for me to check what is happening with my money and whether I am in profit or at a loss so that I can adjust some trades accordingly. I am a day trader so I need to check them from time to time. Every day when I wake up, I immediately check the price of bitcoin since it is one of the factors that has a big effect to the price of other coins. If I can see that it is going sideways then I am good but if it is having rapid movements then I gotta have a hawk eye because alts will be affected which usually makes them bloody.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Miracleismyidol

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:43:52 AM

Many people here checked crypto price daily or every hour. Specially those who are into trading. But i prefer to check the price of my cryptos every week.
We can see in the first month of 2018 bitcoin prices are constantly fluctuating and rising in a very unpredictable way. For that reason we must constantly update information, monitor the market at any time and everywhere to make predictions and plans for yourself. Most importantly for those who are trading bitcoin, continuous monitoring is extremely important.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: