Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:59:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL vs Day trading  (Read 3626 times)
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:49:02 PM

HODL has an advantage-it's quite profitable and takes little time.

Hodl takes little time? Hodl in my book means that you sit on your coins for at least a year, regardless of the market conditions, and definitely not less than that. What you are referring to is buy low sell high, which has nothing to do with hodl at all. I personally find it more fitting to be considered slow trading.

But there is one drawback - if you have little working capital, then for a long time you cannot keep a coins.

Lol, first you say that hodl takes little time, and now you consider that hodl has a drawback being that it isn't long term viable for someone with a lower free to use capital. I think you should do a bit more research on what various terms actually mean, because hodl isn't what you think it is.
RockT

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:19:48 PM

I think you can get more profit if you do day trading but is way more risky. HODL is a safe posture for sure but also depends on the coins where you have your money
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:33:39 PM

Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.
Day trading for me gives little profit since its like a scenario a pump and dump traders does unlike when you do long term holding, there is an evidence that the longer you hold a coin, the higher it will appreciate. Like in bitcoin if you hold it a year ago you could have earn very well now. You can also try buying this time and wait till it reach $20000 again.

AVAMONEY

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:41:31 PM

Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.
Day trading for me gives little profit since its like a scenario a pump and dump traders does unlike when you do long term holding, there is an evidence that the longer you hold a coin, the higher it will appreciate. Like in bitcoin if you hold it a year ago you could have earn very well now. You can also try buying this time and wait till it reach $20000 again.
Basically yes, doing daily trading are having big risk to lose more money because pump and dump doing every time. For long holders, they will ignore the price trend, because from the beginning they did want to get a lot of profit in a long time. However, since the use of Bitcoin for the transaction tool in the real store has begun to be restricted, the price of the commodity starts to decline or it could be as it did in last year, the increase will start from May to November this year.
matoo

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:07:32 PM

HODL is better because the future of BTC is so bright.
But short term situation is little bit dangerous.
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:08:12 PM

It's all depend on your strategy on how you can handle the risk, day trading is profitable but you need to know what's the movement of the price, and become a holders is better if you don't have any experience in tradibg because you really don't care what the price is.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
bestr17

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:10:40 PM

Always HODL.. I know a guy who lost $5k trying to day trade. Every way has their risks and you should choose the comfortable way for yourself. I practised in HODL and in daily trade and for me HODL is rather profitable.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:44:39 PM

Holding is safer and easier, day trading is harder and riskier, holding is a good option for those that lack the time or the knowledge to trade or that simply want to let their money invested in a few good coins and do not worry too much about it, day trading is for those that are willing to dedicate the time to the craft and that accept the fact they may incur losses but with the benefit their profits can be bigger than what the holders get.
sunder54

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:56:04 PM

HODL is if you want to make an investment, select the coin that you believe can make a lot of profit later. HODL maybe 2-5 years then you can sell them, of course we hope can make a lot of profit and day trading you can choose the coin that have a huge volume because there is a lot of transaction and you can take profit from there, but you must do survey first which coins that can make a lot of profit. And the last day trading is not easy just buy dip sell high.
J-N

Activity: 100
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:00:28 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2018, 12:48:20 AM by J-N

I think that the trading is much better than holding, because you can loose your funds if the price will crash. But if you'll sell everything on high levels, you'll can buy more and more coins on low levels. Of course, you need to learn and know the current situation in economics and politics to decide when is the best time to sell/buy/re-buy the crypto-currency.
Cryptoproff

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:19:57 PM

t will always depend on your capability and skills to do so, if you are not confident on trading then better to invest and hold on it.
anthinguy21

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:32:05 PM

Of course both Holding and day trading are really good to earn money but if you want to earn fast you should choose day trading but there are a lot of risks that you need to take when you trade. Holding is much safer than day trading but to earn money with holding you need to be patient cause maybe you'll have to wait really long to see the price of crypto that you're holding increase.

hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 07:45:14 PM

trading plartform depends on your experience and hard work and research and hold for a good and trusted coin like as eth and btc.SO if you expert on trading you can deside trade other wise you can o hold coin.i think if your are new on crypto currencny hold better than trade so make your own decession,

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
eroejoe

Activity: 602
Merit: 54

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:52:55 PM

In long term, traders with more capital (whales) beats almost all smaller daily traders. I say almost all, because there is always gonna be some smart traders with some luck. There is so many good analysts, that losing money because of market manipulations and unpredictability of the market. If you don't like to gamble, than HODL is the best. However short to medium trading is really interesting to me, because it push me to learn more about the crypto. I'm pretty new in trading with crypto, so wish me luck. Smiley

BTC
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:09:07 PM

Day trading requires a lot of experience and work. So if a person is new to the crypto market and doesn't know how it works should stay away from Day trading and just invest in some good projects and keep on HODLING.

marqonah

Activity: 136

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:18:15 PM

my opinion about daily trading and surviving very well if used and applied in for profit. but in every trading there will be a risk that must be faced, therefore if you do daily trading should be careful and do not rush when making decisions. in daily trading is indeed very profitable, but there is also a high risk. whereas if survived it might be better. because by surviving later can also get higher profits and will be more secure compared with daily trading. but must exercise patience in oneself, when wanting to get something better. to get a high profit, it takes quite a long time, then keep it patient.
palle11

Activity: 2338
Merit: 332

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:08:52 PM

The simple and short story about bitcoin is that, it is better to hodl than to border oneself to trade it with another pair because whatever happens, you see bitcoin appreciating faster than you can even imagine.

I prefer to trade other coins because bitcoin would give some profit just by resting in the wallet or exchange pause.  Grin
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:24:42 PM

Actually, I really want to try day trading because I see that many traders earn faster there compare to other methods. But the problem is I'm hindered by lacking of requirements such as computer and bots; knowledge about it is not a primary concern since it can be learned.

For that reason, I remain hodling but it's okay, at least this is safer wayvto earn profit though a slower one.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:49:08 PM

Actually, I really want to try day trading because I see that many traders earn faster there compare to other methods. But the problem is I'm hindered by lacking of requirements such as computer and bots; knowledge about it is not a primary concern since it can be learned.

For that reason, I remain hodling but it's okay, at least this is safer wayvto earn profit though a slower one.
Bots isnt really necessary on day trades since you are active in facing in front of your pc you can even do it manually without relying too much on automated system.It might be a convenience but you can do it without those things. Knowledge? This is the most important thing even though you said it can be learned but it wont really be an easy stuff to be attained.
Happiest

Activity: 206
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:34:51 PM

I suggest you should experiment with the two and choose which one that favors you. Though, I think day trading can be risky in some way if you don't know how to do it right. But some traders keeps saying that its profitable, i haven't dont it to testify. If you have a good method that can make you profit with it. Then stick to it. Otherwise, move to the alternative.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: