Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:46:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL vs Day trading  (Read 3626 times)
investCo

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:39:04 PM

Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.
day trading is only done by people who have a little capital and that takes a lot of time, hold is the most fitting way to find great benefits without requiring much time
Agree, daily trading with large capital is difficult. Hold is more for investment and easy with a larger amount, which potentially brings more profits. But in the current situation with greate volatility, it's still needed to revise your portfolio and  transfer funds between multiple instruments.
margert

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:43:16 PM

Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.
I firmly believe that at the present time the board should trade by date. It can be seen that the market is fluctuating continuously and extremely difficult, the price of bitcoin and altcoin are continuously adjusted and there is no tendency to increase. According to the annual market in the market is in the downward trend. Therefore, you should trade the day, not long will be very dangerous.
Brama Jasa

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:38:21 AM

all depend on the market. if the market is unstable it should do the daily trading, if the market goes up should hold the coin, all depends on the market price, daily trading profit you can earn daily income, but if long time investment of course you do not get daily profit, so determine your trade path own, daily profit or waiting for the profit of long time
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 03:23:10 AM

There are people who hold for a long time because they cannot trade due to time restriction and some just don't want to trade actively so they just make cryptocurrency as investment. Some people choose to hold for a short time because they are stuck and in a losing position and because they already lost maybe half the value of their capital, they just choose to hold and wait until such time they are in profit. These are the people who intend to be short term traders or day traders but become holders. Some are day traders who are actively trading monitoring the market almost 24/7 to see some opportunity. If they are in a losing position and their stop loss is hit then they just take it and proceed to trade another one. If you have the time then you can day trade or swing trade. If you can take the stress but willing to learn then day trading is for you.

dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:13:57 AM

to be honest, i am not good at in trading because i'm lack of technical skills. So, i just choose some good coins such as ETH, XRP, BTC,... and hold them in long-term. Sometimes, I also trade just for fun and experience.
nik009

Activity: 1541
Merit: 545

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:29:25 AM

Trading inside the day takes a lot of time, you need to know the technical analysis and constantly follow the news, if you have lots of time then learn the trade intraday and knowledge are not redundant

Hold for those who do not have enough time, although a good investment
betetakjelas

Activity: 189
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:22:04 PM

I think both are equally profitable but for now many people choose to menhan their coin until the end of 2018 and I also do that because indeed the value of all altcoin plummeted
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:52:10 PM

Unequivocally trading within a day you can earn more money than with long-term investment. But the risks here will be higher. But not all of them get to trade within a day and at the same time earn. This is quite difficult.
This is true in theory but in practice only a few traders are able to get any kind of significant profits out of trading and when you compare that to the holders which only depend on investing in a good coin to make a lot of money then things get a lot more complicated it is easier for a holder to make money over the long run than it is for that a trader, however I will recognize that those traders able to get positive outcomes can get more money than a holder.
parthgajjar

Activity: 273

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:55:45 PM

I think that at the present time you should be compassionate by day, will be more safe and effective than hold. It is clear that the market in the first three months of 2018 is showing signs of serious crisis, the price of bitcoin and altcoin are increasing continuously in the past few days and no signs of recovery. So if you keep the current loss the chances are extremely high and you can lose at any time.
logan16j

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:59:48 PM

I think that at the present time you should be compassionate by day, will be more safe and effective than hold. It is clear that the market in the first three months of 2018 is showing signs of serious crisis, the price of bitcoin and altcoin are increasing continuously in the past few days and no signs of recovery. So if you keep the current loss the chances are extremely high and you can lose at any time.
I think your view is not quite right, we can see that the price of bitcoin and altcoin in the past few days are fluctuating continuously and extremely complex, so the trade is successful at this time. It is extremely difficult, in addition the price of the potential coin growth potential is very good so you can start to buy and consolidate waiting for market recovery to be able to sell.
kwabeedat

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:00:44 PM

looking at the current market situation where there is a dip amd rise frequently, I will prefer to join the day trading option where i will earn steadily along with the market
parthgajjar

Activity: 273

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:32:35 PM

I think the trade by date the present time is the best choice. You may find that the market is in a downward trend, so buying and owning altcoin is very risky, if bitcoin is off, then altcoin will decrease as you will lose double if you keep altocin.

Therefore, it is very safe to use the day and you can take the initiative in managing and using your money.
Rexler

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 11:43:58 PM

For me, I'll go with hodling. The reason being that, when you're day trading, you're all about the short term term gains. And in the pursuit for those short term gains, you would end up leaving money on the table. For instance, I used to daytrade and short my alts and btc and I sold Dent for a 22% profit and missed out on a 2000%+ gain. In such case, Hodling would have been a much better choice.

wayancrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:14:09 AM

In my opinion this is depend on the times that we spend for that, and if we have full times, day trading is better and will be more profitable but offcource with good strategy. In this this bearish market hold is no good idea because the market look boring and need longer times to going up to the highest price again, so day trading with take profit between 10% to 20% is best thing to do now to make money.

btcformula

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:36:43 AM

you can play with 10% of your portfolio, Day trading definitely profitable. You know profit & loss belongs in a same boat. Every time you can't profit. SO do your research any take action
uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:21:56 PM

Trading requires skill, or it requires someone you know who has skill. It has potential to be more profitable than holding, but not everybody can do it. It requires lots of time and skill. You need to be researching coins and using your brain for most of the day. I would suggest to stay clear of bots as these will tend to screw you in the end. I simply HODL, as I don't have time for trading, though I have on the odd occasion when a great opportunity arises.
Well, when i started to trade, i did after a few months of forex. It was more than helpful for me, i knew a lot of stuff and that is what helped me a lot, specially with technical analysis, because it is more than needed for cryptos.
totholio

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:00:37 PM

I would advice starting day trading only if you can handle the stress. I definitely can't cause the price going up and down is crazy, specially during crash or pump. I just lost when I started trading.
ridhataqo
Copper Member

Activity: 125
Merit: 13

https://medium.com/@ridhataqo

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 09:14:30 PM

I learnt from my brother, he doesn't hold for long and always take profit whenever he can, that's why he didn't get frustrated when the market bleed few months ago, unlike some people who hold and hoping everything is gonna recover quickly.

For a weakhand like me personally, I don't know if I can hold for months like some of you do, so far I can only hold for a couple of weeks, not more.

Those green bars are too tempting to be missed, you know 💸
bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:57:32 PM

That depends on your capacity, commitment and capital. These are important in determining which venture would fit for you. Although most people would actually tell you that day trading is more real-time, active and profitable, it can be done by those who doesn't know much about the system and the market. You have to have a good working knowledge on how trading works, and also, you have to closely monitor the market in such a way that you could actually follow which assets are going up and which ones are going down that would be your guide in your deals. On the other hand, Hodling is more of a passive approach, and though it can also yield good profit, the time you have to wait and the patience you need to exert is a characteristic not everyone has.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
xitrum

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:44:19 PM

me gnhĩ that the field is currently highly force, strong, do you have hold or commercial by the day are profit. You can see that bitcoin girls in the day through the very force and the main is the suitable time for you can be trade. The bitcoin price at the 9400 $ and if the over which the bitcoin which the bitcoin will be possible in the length and return to the mốc 20000 $.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: