Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:56:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL vs Day trading  (Read 3622 times)
V.I.P

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:27:17 PM

Both daily trade and holding for long term for maximum profit is good. You can always benefit from the liquidity that bitcoin provides daily and at the same time hold for future profit. Everything depend on you!
litepresence

Activity: 358
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:56:45 PM

Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.

Do not rush. Day trading is very risky. Only experienced people use those kind of statergy. Without any experience if you involved in this. You may face huge loss. So i personally suggest you to hold your coins for some time.
HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:33:09 PM

It totally depends upon you that whether you want to go for holding or trading.Trading requires some skills and experience because it involves observing the rise and falls in the price regulalrly and buying and selling according to that.On the other hand holding just involves buying and holding untill you find a good price to sell.So if you think that you are skilled enough for trading then go for it.Otherwise holding will be the best option for you.
Tigerw

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:37:01 PM

Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.

Do not rush. Day trading is very risky. Only experienced people use those kind of statergy. Without any experience if you involved in this. You may face huge loss. So i personally suggest you to hold your coins for some time.
Virtually all crypto currency users, not to worry about their means, choose investments for a long time, because they are passive income and do not require daily monitoring.
icoprofits

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:40:23 PM

as per present market conditions, we can see hold strategy will work why because we cant sell coins in the loss and wait for the bull market we can become s
NeMa94

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:26:57 PM

HODL! My day trading experiences weren't glorious lol Cheesy So I stick with hodling few coins that I found it will be great in future. Wish you luck with trading and extra caution Smiley
makolz26

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:16:40 PM

I mostly believe in Hold. I think day trading is so risky in Cryptocurrency than other markets like stock or forex and more. Because we know that Cryptomarket is too volatile than others trading markets. So, I comfort on HOLD.
Why not hold for a while since the value of bitcoin still at its low price right? so for me we just need to stay calm, relax for just a couple of more weeks because bitcoin will surely will recover again, we just need to surpass all of the negative media about it.
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:55:42 AM

If you decide to hold you should be understanding what the interesting concept of that project, and too many coin/token in the market we should learn fundamental of each coin. In my opinion day trading is more profitable than hold because we can manage the risk better.
Well if you have the skill of being a day trader then you can do it but not all knows how to do it so I think it really depends on which one you are capable of and most comfortable. Both is profitable on your own way.
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:24:22 AM

For now his second time is not good because Bitcoin has decreased and some Altcoins in Bittrex have been eliminated from Bittrex side.

But I suggest it to hold Altcoins who are in the top 10, such as TRON, Ethereum, EOS etc. Because their financial foundations are so large that they are safe to HodL.
lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:54:49 AM

Hodl - Hold on for dear life.
In hodling you can earn big profit, trading is too risky. Hodling is less time consuming while trading needs more of your time. Day trading is like a full time job. If you know how to do trading then you make a good profit with a day. But if you are new in trading you need to study and learn it first because if you do not know what to do you will not double your profit. It will be hard for you to make your profit double. Sometimes trading is a gambling if you do not know how to play with the gambling then you will lose what you invested. It will be hard for you to do trading if you do not have the knowledge on trading and if you are newbie in this industry. In hodl you just need to be patient for you to have a good profit.    
coffigayo

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:30:19 AM

Yes if my day trading experience can be profitable but it needs skill to get big profit. You must be an analyst to be a successful trader. Also on the other side, hold strategy is a long-term investment. You should analyze well about a coin or token before investing because this decision will make you successful in the future. In the end, the decision depends on the profile of the person willing to make a profit through speculation.
altcoin4u

Activity: 159

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:00:10 PM

I think that success is when you do both, just you divide your portfolio into tokens worth of holding and tokens worth of trading. You need to be in continuous process of researching the projects.
Ghayoor

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:14:34 PM

For now his second time is not good because Bitcoin has decreased and some Altcoins in Bittrex have been eliminated from Bittrex side.

But I suggest it to hold Altcoins who are in the top 10, such as TRON, Ethereum, EOS etc. Because their financial foundations are so large that they are safe to HodL.
i think both of  them are very useful to earn only difference is from day trade you can earn on daily base and from hold you can earn after some time.
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 06:32:26 PM

Basically both are can obviously be profitable, adjusting it with your basic skills and existing conditions. Success lies in our personality responding to everything and deepening something that must be learned more deeply to mastering it.
Yes, I agree with u and both of are profitble if people canbise thieir knowledge perfect time..Most of the people hold many coin and they cannot satisfy token.price because  of her greddy. I was disappointment  many time because maximum time peole don't sell asset  or hold , as a result  people sell their token when pric dowb

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:50:26 PM

Yes if my day trading experience can be profitable but it needs skill to get big profit. You must be an analyst to be a successful trader. Also on the other side, hold strategy is a long-term investment. You should analyze well about a coin or token before investing because this decision will make you successful in the future. In the end, the decision depends on the profile of the person willing to make a profit through speculation.

The difference is very far.

Analysis with the day trade could take months before you see how the fluctuation goes.
While with just investing with crypto you might just need a week of research to prove if it is worth the money you will be betting with them.
For now I am trying the day trade but it sucks some time when you are losing even with all the the monitoring that you did for months.  Grin
I just added it to the experience, then maybe next time I will be better.
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:15:02 PM

Holding and day trading are both profitable but if you are not lazy to look at the market prices then i prefer that you should focus on day trading since you can earn more profit in this way.
elpape225

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:52:14 PM

OptiToken gonna moon hard on open in 2 weeks
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:10:09 PM

Many people favor holding rather than day trading. Day trading or "trading" per se is the more active approach between the two, but in turn, it is also the one that most needs experience and assets to actually be able to do actively and aggressively. You can't hope to trade well with only a few coins in your hands. Also, you should have enough knowledge to read how the market plays out to be able to determine what leads to follow and what coins to actually trade for. On the other hand, holding is the more passive approach, it is done by buying coins and holding it until its value is ripe enough to be disposed off for profit. It doesn't require you to actually look at the market very closely, but you still need to check on the latest news, of course.
YNAGS Team

Activity: 220

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:18:17 PM

I would say, if you are having some of free time during the day, you definitely should do both of those! Some particular coins like top 5 are great in the purposes of long run, some Alts are good to trade everyday, so.
NorihiroName

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:19:22 PM

Day trading is a very skill and time-consuming thing, totally not like just holding, which requires only patience. Day trading may be regularly profitable but it is really hard to perform.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: