Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:21:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL vs Day trading  (Read 3626 times)
logan16j

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:01:46 PM

Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.
I believe that if you keep in a bear market it will be very dangerous, it is inevitable for you to lose money, it can be seen that bitcoin prices are on the rebound but may drop sharply at any time. Therefore, you should only trade day and should not invest long term, always have a specific transaction plan to reduce the risk.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:27:49 PM

Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.
I believe that if you keep in a bear market it will be very dangerous, it is inevitable for you to lose money, it can be seen that bitcoin prices are on the rebound but may drop sharply at any time. Therefore, you should only trade day and should not invest long term, always have a specific transaction plan to reduce the risk.

Im giving you some advise if you want to do a day trader, first thing you need to understand it not easy tobe a daytrader it need a lot of patient and technical analysis but being a daytrader can give you a good money even the market are in downtrend compare to holding that need a lot of time to earn a good return.

checkmatesir

Activity: 584
Merit: 100

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:58:17 AM

Trading requires skill, or it requires someone you know who has skill. It has potential to be more profitable than holding, but not everybody can do it. It requires lots of time and skill. You need to be researching coins and using your brain for most of the day. I would suggest to stay clear of bots as these will tend to screw you in the end. I simply HODL, as I don't have time for trading, though I have on the odd occasion when a great opportunity arises. Unless you have almost a full day of free time, then you probably won't be able to dedicate the time needed for successful day trading.
I think cryptocurrency investment is like share investment. You see that the representatives of investors observe the market every time and by doing this they are able to make right decisions on the right time. Crop trading is very profitable but you will have to be an expert of crypto trading, so that you can make money huge money in less time.

SkvorNyc777

Activity: 308

Swipe!

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:40:22 PM

HODLing is beneficial but only for a limited number of tokens, in other cases it is very risky, maybe even riskier than day-trading...

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
bitzizzix

Activity: 2436
Merit: 448

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:59:34 PM

Both can be profitable depending on their skills, but I prefer to hold back and just wait for the right time to make a profit even though it must take a long time but it is very promising.
and trade desperately needs strong analytics and predictions to pick good coins for trading.
renggileh

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:03:25 PM

Trading is a short-term trade that can earn big profits quickly because of the high trend changes, but also can very quickly lose capital loss. You could say one of the "high risk" trading business.

investment is defined as the activity of investing capital. Thus, any economic activity that requires capital is considered an investment. Investment is passive. That is, you as an investor does not run the business directly to gain profit because there are already other parties who manage the money. And you just enjoy the benefits only, but did not rule out the possibility of loss
shashikamal

Activity: 197

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 07:12:04 PM

As described by many there is no easy answer for your question as it depends on various factors. If you are a newbie, it is advisable to go for holding. Trading can be a hard lesson & many disappoint after losing money. Trading needs a lot of skill set & some theories should follow. Also includes a risk as you can lose money in an instant. But Holding always gives you profit even if you buy in wrong point. But in order to gain a good profit enter in a good buying point & hold with patient till it gives you huge profit. Imagine who bought Bitcoin at $10-$100 & holding till now. But don't let your emotions come out first. Decision is yours now.

onyebuchi81

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:15:13 PM

Ol'boy! It reminds me when I first started in cryptocurrency .after a little bit of research I thought I was a pro couple with the fact that my first trade was successful. Needless to say what happen later was a complete  disaster. Almost lost every thing. I only sell now if a coin rises  above 50% which is rarely considering the unending bear market which has been on now for more than 7 months
cacvy3

Activity: 163

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:55:30 PM

Those practices are good but you need to have some skills + experience, it is all a big combo in where you need to be a good trader in order to make some money, it is not easy, and you can lose a lot if you are just a new guy in here
Visteryy

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:22:09 PM

Both can be profitable depending on their skills, but I prefer to hold back and just wait for the right time to make a profit even though it must take a long time but it is very promising.
and trade desperately needs strong analytics and predictions to pick good coins for trading.
In times of market turmoil and altcoin is constantly falling, I think short-term trading is the best choice. Every altcoin fluctuates between 5% to 20% of the day so it is a good chance for good traders to make a good profit.
2beAmillionaire

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:31:01 PM

If you have enough knowledge in trading then it is good to make a day trade because it is too risky but you can make profit in a short time. Holding is profitable for long term and it needs your patience. But it will not consume your time daily unlike in trading that you need to focus.
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:01:01 PM

Day trading is for hardworking people because you need to watch the price from time to time and it's not safe to store your coins in exchange for a long time. It's just you'll earn more in day trading if you really know what you're doing. While holding doesn't have much work. Just waiting for the price where you think it's enough for you.
zanjerbits
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 11:04:45 PM

you can do both, but for me long trade for 3 to 6 months is better so I investing more capital in long trade than short trade.

CRYZEN.COM | CRYPTOCURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING PLATFORM
⚫ Presale starts September 1st, 2018  ⚫
Dannaey

Activity: 468

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:42:32 PM

I do both. I go for long-term investment because I believe in long-term perspective about that project. Also, I go into trading but I am not actually a professional trader. I just do day trading and swing trader to have short-term profit.

ervinmadureri

Activity: 302

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:53:47 PM

I think that at this point you should only trade the day, you can see that the market is fluctuating continuously and bitcoin prices are adjusted down slightly in the past two days and the price of altcoin is very strong. So I think that at this point you should only short-term investment and trading day to be able to minimize the risk.
valentinen39

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:28:31 AM

Holding and trading are both profitable and you can choose on anything you prefer because you will only succeed in this industry if you love your job.
thesponspin
Copper Member

Activity: 170

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:12:49 AM

actually i can't do daily trading because i'm too busy with my real life , my work waste like 12 hours then i have no time for do daily trading especially when u need to check daily graphic or new about the coin that u buoght before
that why i prefer do HODL, but yeah hold on the right moment like now
when the alt price is down i think is right chance for buying some coin/alt

anyone know alt that worth to HODL for long term , except ADA , XLM ?
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:25:51 AM

I did hold many altcoin, and finally in a next few month the price back to the bottom cause all coins just like pump dump. I think is bad idea to hold any coin,  to maximum the profit for the better we trade it with swing trading or day trading. I seen the price of the token like Bitclave and Worldcore token was going down too much till more than 1/50 from the top, so its better never hold any coin but much better trade it to avoid big loss and to get profit.
cruzjoel12345

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:14:57 AM

It depends to you in my own opinion hold and day trading is a beautiful strategies but as i said earlier it depends to you if you're a beginner in crypto you must choose the hold strategy because you don't have any knowledge in trading. If you're a professional you can choose day trading because you have a lot of knowledge in trading.
Carlosfeer12

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:48:01 PM

You can use the bots to trade but you must know what these bots are.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: