Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:10:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Biotron.io Announcement - Transparent personal data analytics platform  (Read 29504 times)
mr.robot8

Activity: 938
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 07:46:28 PM

We live in an an era of no information security, and we prefer to sell data to really need consumers,  not stolen by unscrupulous website
unfortunately, it is true that in our time there is no more privacy, therefore, why let the big companies use our data as they please to profit from them and not to sell them to companies like biotron to make a personal profit?

Thats in interesting idea. I really like it. Would give all my data to a big company if i can make profit out of it

I don't think it's a good idea to sell all of your private data to companies but sadly, it's true that there is no privacy these days as everything can be accessed and data collection companies sell your data so I would want to see how this will go.

Companies can get those in some ways whether we sell them or not, I search sth. to buy in google, after that all my social media(instagram, facebook vs) shows me some ads about the search i made.
you're absolutely right just search for something on google or facebook and then you are bombarded with personalized target ads, so why make these big companies earn with our data, that resell our search preferences,  better sell data to a company as biotron that divides the profits with us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 07:49:35 PM

We live in an an era of no information security, and we prefer to sell data to really need consumers,  not stolen by unscrupulous website
unfortunately, it is true that in our time there is no more privacy, therefore, why let the big companies use our data as they please to profit from them and not to sell them to companies like biotron to make a personal profit?

Thats in interesting idea. I really like it. Would give all my data to a big company if i can make profit out of it

I don't think it's a good idea to sell all of your private data to companies but sadly, it's true that there is no privacy these days as everything can be accessed and data collection companies sell your data so I would want to see how this will go.

Companies can get those in some ways whether we sell them or not, I search sth. to buy in google, after that all my social media(instagram, facebook vs) shows me some ads about the search i made.
you're absolutely right just search for something on google or facebook and then you are bombarded with personalized target ads, so why make these big companies earn with our data, that resell our search preferences,  better sell data to a company as biotron that divides the profits with us

At least we can raise some money from OUR data.

PyroOfficial
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:54:46 PM

Look very promising! I will join presale  Roll Eyes
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:55:08 PM

What advantages you have before Ethos, Datum, Datawallet? They creating similar product as I know?
ImTotya

Activity: 168
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:01:21 PM

I'm confident that this project's transparency feature would get the attention of big data companies such as Google and Facebook. Maybe it could affect on how they do data analytics in the future. Imho. Smiley

Well i'd rather that Biotron is not taken over by one of them. Best to let old dinosaurs like Google and Facebook die out and let a fresh company with new ideas take it's place.

Google will not die out and i am sure you would be jumping up of joy if they would partner up with Biotron since that would mean a huge price boost of their token.
You're right, if the management of the project to agree on cooperation with Google, it will be just super! But we need to wait for the announcement of partners.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:28:28 PM

I'm confident that this project's transparency feature would get the attention of big data companies such as Google and Facebook. Maybe it could affect on how they do data analytics in the future. Imho. Smiley

Well i'd rather that Biotron is not taken over by one of them. Best to let old dinosaurs like Google and Facebook die out and let a fresh company with new ideas take it's place.

Google will not die out and i am sure you would be jumping up of joy if they would partner up with Biotron since that would mean a huge price boost of their token.
You're right, if the management of the project to agree on cooperation with Google, it will be just super! But we need to wait for the announcement of partners.

ImTotya,
what do you mean "management of the project to agree on cooperation with Google" ? as far as I know Biotron concept in no way can be connected with Google.
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:37:39 PM

ImTotya,
what do you mean "management of the project to agree on cooperation with Google" ? as far as I know Biotron concept in no way can be connected with Google.
This may be some fancy name for advertising?
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:47:02 PM

KYC is mandatory for every ICO, if anyone question this it means that it's not clear for you that SEC and other agencies are going after shady ICOs

for many ico its only mandatory above 2-3 ETH. For under 1000$ its bullshit imo. No state or government demands it.
I imagine that for small amounts it is not necessary since it does not make sense for governments to investigate small money transactions.

Evenmore, in fact I found there was a project that requires their bounty hunters to include their data in order to claim the rewards. This is very ridiculous for me.

In my opinion it makes no sense that there is no KYC for small transactions. If someone is laundering money what prevents him from using different eth addresses?
yurisoares

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:49:21 PM

I have a question. The roadmap mentions both "Public ITE & Proof of concept" for march 2018. Will the proof of concept be released before the public ITE? So people can base their decision to invest  on more then just the whitepaper and current information at hand.
CryptoCutie

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:56:13 PM

The first Beta or Alpha Version of the Biotron interface will be the Testnet launch on september?
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:56:36 PM

I like the project, any Bounty program?
At the moment they don't have bounty theme, I really hope that devs will be able to allocate some budget for bounty campaign.
Fermin AK

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:57:37 PM

ImTotya,

As big companies do, the normal thing is that if they saw that it is a viable project and that it could be their responsibility, they will buy it.

bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:02:12 PM

KYC is mandatory for every ICO, if anyone question this it means that it's not clear for you that SEC and other agencies are going after shady ICOs

for many ico its only mandatory above 2-3 ETH. For under 1000$ its bullshit imo. No state or government demands it.
I imagine that for small amounts it is not necessary since it does not make sense for governments to investigate small money transactions.

Evenmore, in fact I found there was a project that requires their bounty hunters to include their data in order to claim the rewards. This is very ridiculous for me.
in general i am against kyc for both to participate/invest in the ico and to be able to collect/claim bounty, but in this case (biotron) since it is a company that will claim/sell personal data i would have nothing against...
Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:28:20 PM

in general i am against kyc for both to participate/invest in the ico and to be able to collect/claim bounty, but in this case (biotron) since it is a company that will claim/sell personal data i would have nothing against...

I really don't like it either, but governments do demand it these days and demands are getting stricter and stricter. So you want to not only be sure you're compliant right now, but also be ready for changes that might be coming in the next few months.
multinova

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 09:29:46 PM

I really don't like it either, but governments do demand it these days and demands are getting stricter and stricter. So you want to not only be sure you're compliant right now, but also be ready for changes that might be coming in the next few months.

I don't think it's so bad.. if the taxman comes over you can always proof that your earnings are not money laundering or so.
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:43:41 PM

ImTotya,

As big companies do, the normal thing is that if they saw that it is a viable project and that it could be their responsibility, they will buy it.
I don't have anything against advertising and marketing because I know how beneficial it could be
helloal

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:02:17 PM

I don't think it's so bad.. if the taxman comes over you can always proof that your earnings are not money laundering or so.

Unfortunately, time and time again we hear about data breaches in both government and private company databases, so ideally we wouldn’t need to provide our sensitive data that will likely end up in the hands of hackers

aveon

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:23:27 PM

Unfortunately, time and time again we hear about data breaches in both government and private company databases, so ideally we wouldn’t need to provide our sensitive data that will likely end up in the hands of hackers
That's because we don't have enough trust for DBs that may store our vital personal information. If it was without human error, maybe  we could have trusted it. I hope Biotron will manage to change it.
martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:40:34 PM

At the moment they don't have bounty theme, I really hope that devs will be able to allocate some budget for bounty campaign.
They have stated that they will have a referral program with the user acquisition budget, but about the regular bounty campaign like social media and signature, im not sure.
MEMEX

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:54:03 PM

They have stated that they will have a referral program with the user acquisition budget, but about the regular bounty campaign like social media and signature, im not sure.
If there is no bounty campaign program, I think this project will be difficult to achieve success.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: