Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:50:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Biotron.io Announcement - Transparent personal data analytics platform  (Read 29504 times)
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:32:46 PM

You also get paid by selling your data with their tokens. I guess also to buy the data is the same story?

Why would an individual buy somebody's data? I think it works only one way, you sell your data, Bitron will collect it, analyze and sell it further to interested companies so they could use this analysis in order to improve their digital marketing campaigns.

I don't think there would be some obstacle for individuals to buy data but as you stated it would be meaningless and not expecting any individual go for it.

But if a company is interested in buying data from Biotron, will they be able to pay in fiat or do they have to pay Biotron tokens for the data?

No, obviously only payments with Biotron tokens are possible. That's from their white paper: 'BTRN is a utility token that enables the trade of data between data providers and consumers. It is the only option for data consumers to pay for access to data and the only method by with they can compensate
their providers.'

So, lets say, a company wants to buy an analyzed data set from Biotron for $20.000. Does this mean they have to go to a marketplace, buy ETH worth $20.000, transfer that ETH to an exchange where Biotron tokens are listed, buy BTRN tokens and pay Biotron then with these tokens? Sounds pretty complicated tbh.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Genesis07

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:52:53 PM

You also get paid by selling your data with their tokens. I guess also to buy the data is the same story?

Why would an individual buy somebody's data? I think it works only one way, you sell your data, Bitron will collect it, analyze and sell it further to interested companies so they could use this analysis in order to improve their digital marketing campaigns.

I don't think there would be some obstacle for individuals to buy data but as you stated it would be meaningless and not expecting any individual go for it.

But if a company is interested in buying data from Biotron, will they be able to pay in fiat or do they have to pay Biotron tokens for the data?

No, obviously only payments with Biotron tokens are possible. That's from their white paper: 'BTRN is a utility token that enables the trade of data between data providers and consumers. It is the only option for data consumers to pay for access to data and the only method by with they can compensate
their providers.'

So, lets say, a company wants to buy an analyzed data set from Biotron for $20.000. Does this mean they have to go to a marketplace, buy ETH worth $20.000, transfer that ETH to an exchange where Biotron tokens are listed, buy BTRN tokens and pay Biotron then with these tokens? Sounds pretty complicated tbh.

maybe they will have an option on their website to be able to buy those tokens directly, but on the other hand it would fuk up the idea of having them on an exchange to push the price Smiley
Frickeladm

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:04:21 PM

their providers.'

But isnt this the thing with every crypto project? Dont know any other project where you could by tokens/coins with fiat currency
sambuki

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:17:50 PM

their providers.'

But isnt this the thing with every crypto project? Dont know any other project where you could by tokens/coins with fiat currency

If we can use the platform with any coins, fiat for example, then what is the point to create the token? That is the rough thinking that I can get till now.
Genesis07

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:22:26 PM

their providers.'

like i said before, this would ufk up the idealogy of an investors token totally.
areschen

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:46:07 PM

I think it's right. The user's data needs to be cleaned. remove the personal privacy information. The data is analyzed and formatted. Then the data is more valuable.

CryptoCutie

Merit: 131

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:50:23 PM

yes, the cleaned data and remove the personal privacy information would be a good idea.
areschen

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:15:42 PM

Biotron's CEO reveals their roadmap for 2018. Initial Token Event starts in 6 days - register at www.biotron.io.

Can you tell us why youre not burning the not sold token? Its normally a better idea so you can raise the value of it.
The unsold tokens will be added to the user acquisition pool, which will be distributed among our app users to give further incentive to be a part of our project.

If you can be an application user and get tokens for free, then what profit will investors get if they buy tokens? What is the point of buying tokens?

This rule is unfair to investors.  I think the reward token should be the part of the original marketing plan.
burning the unsold token can protect the interests of investors.

ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:47:47 PM

Biotron's CEO reveals their roadmap for 2018. Initial Token Event starts in 6 days - register at www.biotron.io.

Can you tell us why youre not burning the not sold token? Its normally a better idea so you can raise the value of it.
The unsold tokens will be added to the user acquisition pool, which will be distributed among our app users to give further incentive to be a part of our project.

If you can be an application user and get tokens for free, then what profit will investors get if they buy tokens? What is the point of buying tokens?

This rule is unfair to investors.  I think the reward token should be the part of the original marketing plan.
Completely agree, unsold tokens can greatly reduce the price of the token. It would be fair to burn them, or divide them among investors. I hope the project team will be able to reconsider its decision.
CryptoCutie

Merit: 131

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:57:17 PM

just like that, good summary, used to the point.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:16:39 PM

Completely agree, unsold tokens can greatly reduce the price of the token. It would be fair to burn them, or divide them among investors. I hope the project team will be able to reconsider its decision.

I would also prefer burning unsold tokens.

But even if you will do like this just make a ratio of it. Like %80 of the unsold tokens will be burned %20 will distribute among app users. It would be a good solutiıon for everybody.

mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:01:24 PM

"The unsold tokens will be added to the user acquisition pool, which will be distributed among our app users to give further incentive to be a part of our project."

As I read it, some tokens will be added to a pool which will be distributed to users who download the app. So, since it's basically an airdrop, I don't think that new users will receive a lot of tokens, it's just an incentive, a marketing move if you prefer. It won't affect investors in my opinion.
Biotron.io, correct me if I'm wrong

Bolovich

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:25:44 PM

just like that, good summary, used to the point.
I don't see the point of buying data of another people by people and not by companies.

▬▬▬▬ ViValid   █   ITEMS' VALUE AND OWNERSHIP IN THE BLOCKCHAIN
every item has a story   █   PRE SALE 14th May 2018                                                
   █   Whitepaper   Twitter   Telegram       
saintkamei

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:48:57 PM

Most businesses prefer raw data from people who are not necessarily filling out forms for the purpose of data analytics. Biotron will have ensure that to profitable in this business. The scandal over Cambridge Analytica and Facebook is for all to see.
Today's computers have so much power that working on huge chunks of raw data is not a problem

When I say 'raw data' I meant the data that has to be analyzed would be better if it isn't a form filled out by people through questionnaires. Instead, it would be more profitable if the metadata from a user behavior is allowed to be recorded and compiled with explicit consent, of course. In the larger scheme of things, it is better to have the metadata because it reduces the risk of contamination/

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:50:16 PM

If someone want to buy my data I call it mental or a stalker, I can see mainly two uses for personal data, marketing purpose and medical (research)

Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:56:13 PM

Most businesses prefer raw data from people who are not necessarily filling out forms for the purpose of data analytics. Biotron will have ensure that to profitable in this business. The scandal over Cambridge Analytica and Facebook is for all to see.
Today's computers have so much power that working on huge chunks of raw data is not a problem

When I say 'raw data' I meant the data that has to be analyzed would be better if it isn't a form filled out by people through questionnaires. Instead, it would be more profitable if the metadata from a user behavior is allowed to be recorded and compiled with explicit consent, of course. In the larger scheme of things, it is better to have the metadata because it reduces the risk of contamination/
This data analysis will be carried out by human or computer with a specified algorithm? in case this is human, there will always be probability of error, and for a computer it will be necessary to create many software nuances.
tudor_simion

Activity: 349
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:10:26 PM

I have a question for devs. Biotron will sell the data to any buyer? Will they check the buyer and the purpose of using the data?
I ask this question because maybe there will be the possibility of sharing personal data to some people, who can bring about the assassination or harm the life of some people ,or maybe they will get some hands not good.

BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 08:18:27 PM

Have you seen facebook stealing personal since many years? We knew that (that's why I'm not on Facebook), at least there's an opportunity to monetize that data

Yes, I don't get it why everyone is so outraged about Facebook right now.

If you are suprised that Facebook sells your data then you are the reason why packets of peanuts have 'may contain nuts' written on them
All outraged by the fact that at any time Facebook administration can transfer your data to a third party, without your knowledge!

You are uploading all of your personal data voluntarily to a surveillance comp ... hmmm I mean social media company. What did you expect?
I want that would my personal data about place of residence and the rest not been inherited third party) and so lack any sign surveillance and here still and transfer of information)) that is why I not trust all social networks)

bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:38:34 PM

But even if you will do like this just make a ratio of it. Like %80 of the unsold tokens will be burned %20 will distribute among app users. It would be a good solutiıon for everybody.
in fact i also believe that it would be better to burn any unsold tokens and not distribute them as an incentive to the app users this will almost certainly lower the price of the token when they will be listed on some exchanges...
Biotron.io (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

welcome to my world

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:45:58 PM

in fact i also believe that it would be better to burn any unsold tokens and not distribute them as an incentive to the app users this will almost certainly lower the price of the token when they will be listed on some exchanges...
We have made our statement on the user acquisition pool, in this post here. Please have a look.
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: