Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:44:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: do you day trade or prefer a long term hold?  (Read 4225 times)
Zabrielle

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:35:23 PM

I never tried trading in cryptocurrency yet because i can feel im not so familiar and good with it. So what i usually do  is when the price is up i sell some of my coin if its low i just keep. I again wait if the price is going up thats the time i will sell. So i have this holding it a little while then sell a little at the right price  but im not the typical type who can hold it very long period. Although i always keep portion of coins and sell some. I gained coins due to signature campaign.
Olivia_Nielsin

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:39:00 PM

So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks
I can't say exactly which method of investing I prefer as it all depends only on the crptocurrency and market situation.
aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:24:25 AM

In the long run you will be better off hodling. Day trading is for experienced folks who will be ok with losing some money. Plus, you will be losing your sleep and peace with day trading. If you still want to experiment then you can do a small test of putting a small amount of money that you will be fine if you lose it. If you day trade then you will most likely be betting on low market cap coins which are volatile But with low market cap coin comes greater risk of losing your money. But if you are buying for long term then you will be picking up established coins which have a proven record and are going to grow in the long term.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:33:34 AM

So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks
Every one have a choice if what they gonna do in this site. Maybe they prefer a day trading or they only have a long term hold. For me, as a student i don't have enough time fpr trading because you need tp always update about the price and you need find a partner in your trade too. So o prefer long term hold. In this i just wait the right time and make a payout in this
L A R A

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:20:48 AM

I choose to hold the long term, because daily trading is more difficult to determine profits. The price of a coin / token does not always rise every day, so we can not make a profit every day Grin
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:26:00 AM

some of my altcoins trade every day. and for bitcoin and ethereum I remain as a long-term investment. the reason I trade altcoin with a short-term system is to earn a profit every day
CryptoVzla

Activity: 560
Merit: 290

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:32:57 AM

i trading alot coin , some of my coin have long term trading , like ltc,eth,dash,xmr,mnr etc.
because i see , these coin have a stable volume , and price  and i believe these coin will good for long term investment , and for btc , i just do for day trade and take small profit everyday.
because btc price is fluctuate , and hard to predict in future , i just can make 1-2% profit if can and never hold for long term.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
nuggetbram

Activity: 326
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:43:32 AM

Indeed, some people do use trading as the main income. although at risk of course they are experts in this field so the loss is a common thing but of course the profits will get much bigger. but a long-term plan should necessarily be needed for everyone. I am also a trader but I also have long term plans for my future. therefore I have bitcoin for long term / future.
antonio88s

Activity: 423
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:57:26 AM

For token I try to hold my token which price is too low and not stable but the token which have good price I sell it. But, for ETH and BTC I always hold it and I make that long term investment.
BeruchN

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:06:57 AM

Definitely long term holding is easier, safer, etc.

Day trading seems way more intimidating but I'd love to try, waste some money on it and learn from my mistakes though. Grin

----  Hot Crypto Airdrops ----   
baureksa

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:34:33 AM

as far as I know, in the long term has many advantages. With long term investment you do not fall victim against the dangers and I personally prefer long-term investments because I don't have a lot of experience in the trade are many. 
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:37:09 AM

To me its just a know how as to what the crypto currency would offer to the real case use of the consumers thus holding it for a long term is my preference .

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
otunayode

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:39:23 AM

There is no one singular strategy that can deliver profit for you in cryptocurrency, you have to have mixture of strategies and wit for you to make anything worthwhile. Both holding and trading is one of many strategy to employ in your cryptocurrency investment.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
dangershadow

Activity: 88

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:43:27 AM

This differs from coin to coin. Some I hold on for a very long time. Like Btc

But on the other hand somecoins rise and fall within days so I make profit from them through day trading.

That is my technique. Maybe other people to not prefer it but still i do prefer it for myself.
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:44:45 AM

Thanks

I am kind of doing both of it. But the majority of my holdings are for long term goals. Day trading is much better but honestly I do not have the skills that are needed for me to successfully earn profits through day trading. I attempted a few times before but at the end hodling could have made me more profit than day trading. I sometimes do swing trade though. But only if a certain coin I really am very familiar with goes down big. I buy during the dip and sell during the recovery.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:51:31 AM

I am daytrading if i have got the free time because the weakness of day trading is must stay on the computers to see the movement of the price, but i am investors too for long time investment in some alternative coins and in the bitcoin, i love them both because i could made profit from short time investment and long term investment in cryptos coins. But everything depending on the strategy of investment every people.
GodForSakenPain

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:54:59 AM

It is depends on the market situation,if the market is stable we can do an alts trading everyday but if the market is bleeding and unstable we should stick the solid coins just to be safe.
Omnia Vanitas

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:56:52 AM

Talking about bitcoin, probably the best strategy is to hold for long term. But it's a borng one :-)
So, I keep a part in long term investments, and I play with the rest jumping between altcoins.
wildhorse001

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:59:04 AM

I prefer holding long term
Whitebit42

Activity: 99

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:07:37 AM

I prefer to hodl all the coins that I have. It takes too much time and attention to trade.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: