Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:20:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you ever been scammed?  (Read 1805 times)
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:10:20 PM

Can you share this experience?

If you say yes, what the project was it? Why did you believe in this project?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Clos Belmont ICO

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 01:36:39 PM

No, I wasn't. There are two things at the very center of every classic Ponzi scheme: an investment with (allegedly) a remarkably high return, and a story about just why the extraordinary returns can be so easily achieved. When any time of investment promises a guaranteed compounded monthly return, you can pretty much guarantee you are in trouble. So before you invest make research about the product and the company — do they seem reputable? Do they have history of success? Are they truly who they say they are?

Here are several signs you might be in a scheme:

1. You never receive any real collateral for your investment in crypto currency, just a promise that you will earn money back.

2. The guaranteed return of your investment is too good to be true.

3. You’re told a complicated yet convincing reason about why the returns are so strong.
galkina

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:39:51 PM

I do not invest in any other coin than Bitcoin. I think only those people should consider alt coins who have more than $1000 to invest per month. I can just save about $500 per month for this and I think bitcoin is best. I also do not have much time left after job to track the prices of alt coins.

D E C E N T . C H
        Blockchain Content Distribution Platform       
( ( (   Join Our Telegram @decentch   ) ) )
1C6fV5DtakfKANLJ8GUV7hCaA

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

Crypto Marketer For Whales

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 01:41:41 PM

I've been scammed by a lot of airdrops and bounties in here. So much effort wasted. I really hope more mods get to notice scam bounties and airdrops.

Buy Reddit Accounts & Upvotes
Discord: Playerup#6929
Telegram: @redditfactory
pavi2

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:43:20 PM

You gotta be careful and look into projects for real. Many scammers out there keep it safe buddy.
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 01:45:10 PM

Normally, is hard to find someone who have been into the bitcoin world for a long time who have not been scammed, the reason seems to be usually the same, the lack of knowledge or information or just because the project fail, looks at mtgox....

what the project was it? Why did you believe in this project?

I can't remember the name, i forget it faster Tongue, anyway was only a small amount of bitcoins that i could afford to lose Tongue

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
R21

Activity: 327
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:56:52 PM

Normally, is hard to find someone who have been into the bitcoin world for a long time who have not been scammed, the reason seems to be usually the same, the lack of knowledge or information or just because the project fail, looks at mtgox....

what the project was it? Why did you believe in this project?

I can't remember the name, i forget it faster Tongue, anyway was only a small amount of bitcoins that i could afford to lose Tongue
Yes I will support this point as a acceptable answer, I also can't remember the scammer person and projects name! I also forget it because we are want to going ahead. but yes I also loss some huge amount of btc in my life via scam projects and scammers.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:59:30 PM

If you consider the number of programs on this forum and do a cursory survey, it won't be difficult to see that many programs are scams and the promises they make are not kept. It is clear that many programs like the 'hydro project' which was thrown into the thrash by the manager is a show that the project is out to rip people of their hard earned money, time and efforts. Some ditch their participants after being there for them only to give a flimsy excuse for why they wouldn't have you on their programme, like DETHER.  All these are ways many projects have fared badly. MIROCANA is another project to be flagged for non-compliance of original programme promises. They tell you they reserve the right to change their promises. Nobody should take any such programmes serious. They are a stench and will eventually have problems because avarice and dishonesty runs deep in their veins.
The LydiaCoin project is having issues all over the place with the Chahalal guy personally asking me to send money to his private address. All these rogues give the Crypto world a bad and undeserving name. 

Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:23:37 PM

I am on the forum for two years already and I was scammed here by several signature campaigns, which didn't pay. With Bitcoin payments there wasn't a problem, but payments in tokens or other coins came on my wallet not every time, to say more, only two times from 5-6.
Lorna t

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:02:01 AM

:)No I was not !! The ffirst things happening or the scammers are we can not guaranteed any collateral for our investment in a cryptocurrency.just a promise that we will earn a lot of money and a cash back in a real but diffinately nothing .second ,a guaranteed return about your investment is too good to be true .and thirdly is you should not believed in such a situation as you are in a complicated yet convincing of people to make a reason about it and why people need to ho back to a strong human implacare .an investment with a remarkable high is a story about what extraordinary returns are really just a fear for.when is the time to invest promise in guarantee compounded every month of return you are really the most pretty much guarantee to your problems so before all when you invest who should make a research about and a company that makes the same reputation all make a successful history of success and everything should be true of what they say.I have one word too.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:42:28 AM

I am on the forum for two years already and I was scammed here by several signature campaigns, which didn't pay. With Bitcoin payments there wasn't a problem, but payments in tokens or other coins came on my wallet not every time, to say more, only two times from 5-6.

oh that is a shame
iryboy

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:50:39 AM

So far I haven't been scammed as I never invested in MLM coins, however at early stages, I lost in trading which is quite common if you are new in trading. Now I am really comfortable with crypto trading Smiley

aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:59:49 AM

So far I haven't been scammed as I never invested in MLM coins, however at early stages, I lost in trading which is quite common if you are new in trading. Now I am really comfortable with crypto trading Smiley

it is great you found your way
svetochka.yakovleva.93

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:00:34 PM

I was never deceived, I invested the crypto currency in various start-up organizations
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:01:33 PM

I was never deceived, I invested the crypto currency in various start-up organizations

it is nice to hear!
Innocentdevil

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:07:33 PM

No i have not been scammed till now by the grace of Allmighty and there is alot of scam going on internet and i assume that i'll be save forever 😁
Kolly

Activity: 208

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:13:55 PM

Yes i've been scammed when i join in Bitcoinbuilder i deposit $100 in my first 2 days i earned $35 i withraw first $5 and in the second day i withraw again $10 and after that on the third day i try to withraw but the site is gone already so i lose my $85 that site is a scam..i never join in any bitcoin site rightnow. i only join in a bounty program and bitcoin forum.

[https://ubiatarplay.io/]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    UbiatarPlay    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█  Be EveryWhere With UbiatarPlay █
▬▬▬[/url]  Facebook   Whitepaper   Twitter  ▬▬▬
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:15:01 PM

No i have not been scammed till now by the grace of Allmighty and there is alot of scam going on internet and i assume that i'll be save forever 😁

OMG you need to be very careful
Nerkata

Activity: 75
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:15:43 PM

Thing is, people need to start asking themselves one simple question "Is it too good to be true"?

No one is giving out free money and due to a variety of reasons a lot of new crypto "traders" are chasing fast money and are very prone to get rich quick schemes.

●COTI (http://coti.io)●CURRENCY OF THE INTERNET (http://coti.io)●
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 12:16:00 PM

Fortunately for me, I haven't been scammed. There are two reasons that I think of. First, is because I am still a newbie who doesn't have that much of a bitcoin. Second, I don't have bitcoin investment that may've been scammed. Since I am just a student, I don't have a source of money that I can invest. So currently, I am joining campaigns to earn some bitcoins.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: