Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:59:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you ever been scammed?  (Read 1805 times)
onomey

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:16:03 PM

I've never been scammed and I'm super careful to avoid falling victim of scanners... There are a lot of them everywhere.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cantereb636

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:36:13 PM

I invested once in a ponzi scheme project. Never got my money back with any profit they have been promising Sad
rccirfan

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:02:04 PM

Nobody is going to believe me but that’s okay.

Do you know those Instagram fake accounts of regular people “flipping” money?

They claim you give them $300 and they turn it into $3000, $400 into $4000, and so on..

Unfortunately many desperate people fall for the scams because they have a feed full of luxuries and cash. To an average person, it’s clearly a scam, but yet people fall prey to these scammers everyday. Today it’s not as prevalent but I still see them out there. Here’s a good link pretty much explaining in a nutshell how they get people.

When I was 18 one of them DM’ed me asking me if I wanted to get some quick cash. I honestly had a good bit of money saved up already so I wasn’t money hungry at that time. I was already wasting my money on stupid things online like fake soccer cleats from aliexpress so I figured, why not? I spent some time reading exactly how they scam people so I decided to try to scam one myself.

I chatted with the scammer for a few days, posing as a skeptic and I told him if he could prove to me that he could flip my $100 into $200 I would send him $800 to flip into the $8000 he promised.

So I sent him $100.

A day went by and in my mind I was thinking, yep, this is what I get. But when I checked my balance on one of the Visa Prepaid cards - voila! $200 something dollars and a couple of cents.

Obviously he was trying to fish me to actually send the larger amount but I knew better. I said thanks :-) and I blocked him.

Riskiest and easiest $100 I’ve ever made. Not that I have never fallen prey for online scammers. I’ve given away my email many times by accident, ordered things that never came, lost some percentage of bitcoins but nothing too major.
Cryptohaha

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:53:56 PM

No i have not been scammed.
laodah

Activity: 189
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:31:09 PM

It is unfortunate that I have been deceived, and not only once or twice, I have been cheated by airdrops, and I also have participated in some scammed bounty companies. But fortunately that what i lost is just time,no money.
Chapman.S

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:06:03 PM

Do you know those Instagram fake accounts of regular people “flipping” money?

They claim you give them $300 and they turn it into $3000, $400 into $4000, and so on..

Unfortunately many desperate people fall for the scams because they have a feed full of luxuries and cash. To an average person, it’s clearly a scam, but yet people fall prey to these scammers everyday. Today it’s not as prevalent but I still see them out there. Here’s a good link pretty much explaining in a nutshell how they get people.

When I was 18 one of them DM’ed me asking me if I wanted to get some quick cash. I honestly had a good bit of money saved up already so I wasn’t money hungry at that time. I was already wasting my money on stupid things online like fake soccer cleats from aliexpress so I figured, why not? I spent some time reading exactly how they scam people so I decided to try to scam one myself.

I chatted with the scammer for a few days, posing as a skeptic and I told him if he could prove to me that he could flip my $100 into $200 I would send him $800 to flip into the $8000 he promised.

So I sent him $100.

A day went by and in my mind I was thinking, yep, this is what I get. But when I checked my balance on one of the Visa Prepaid cards - voila! $200 something dollars and a couple of cents.

Obviously he was trying to fish me to actually send the larger amount but I knew better. I said thanks :-) and I blocked him.

Riskiest and easiest $100 I’ve ever made. Not that I have never fallen prey for online scammers. I’ve given away my email many times by accident, ordered things that never came, lost some percentage of bitcoins but nothing too major.
I believe you! Haha. I never heard about these "money flippers". Seems like quite a risky business. It seems so ridiculous that they can actually get people to trust them. You did make a risky move, but 100% return on investment in one day is pretty good. I don't think I'd ever try it, but it must feel good to scam a scammer. A little bit of karma for him. Thanks for sharing!
kudosbadazz

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:41:08 PM

i have been scammed of bitcoins....I felt for a scam site  ....Paypal in exchange of btc

◢▬LIBEREUM▬◣ (https://www.libereum.io/)
—(••÷[ FORTES FORTUNA JUVAT! ]÷••)—
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:13:15 PM

I invested once in a ponzi scheme project. Never got my money back with any profit they have been promising Sad

But was it real scam, meaning they stolen people's money or did the ponzi ended without you getting your profit/ funds back? Did you even know it was ponzi or were just disguising they real scheme as some kind of legitimate business (like mining, trading etc.)?

(...)

So I sent him $100.

I do believe you. I recently chatted with someone like this on Facebook. When asking for evidence of his profits he sent me video showing computer with his forex account or something like this open. I took this as a hint that he's trying to scam me as I wanted something you can verify (there are websites were traders can post their trades in real time so you can see their performance). Only reason I talked with him was that I couldn't find any fault with his profile, everything looked legit, he had photos and all.
But getting back to why I do believe you - I had intention to do something similar, just with other kind of scammers. And your post... it's my "schizophrenia" (I'll maybe separate topic about this) kicking in again - 2 or 3 days ago I had a chance to perform my act, just wasn't really ready to do it - both mentally and financially, as it would require "investing" (risking) a bit more than $100.
Overally - congrats  Wink

downeisvdep

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:05:18 AM

I am new to this game and have not been scammed yet.  I am sure it will happen, but my plan is to only invest in coins/tokens that are in the top 100 on CoinMarketCap.  I will try Airdrops and Bounties that are posted here because this is a trusted site, not so much in other sites.
darkdangem

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:45:26 AM

Of course I think everyone does.
But its part of our life and because of it
we learn from our mistakes and stand again.
imtrishago

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:42:25 AM

Yes, I guess. For the past 2 months, we had a shoot in Cagayan (Philippines) for a tourism video. The handler of that company said that we'll be paid 5,000php per day. And we stayed in Cagayan for 2 days. Before we go back to Manila, they gave our talent fee for P5,000 only in cash, that was Saturday morning when we went to Manila. Then, the handler said that, on Monday they will deposit the balance in our account. Unfortunately, until now we haven't received our talent fee for P5,000. For every time we send a message to her, a reminder for the balance, they always say that they'll follow up to the accounting and nothing happened.
Rick_avxo

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:44:42 AM

Yes and funny tho. Some were around last year I was scammed some buck of naira note all in the name of ponsi. And they did away with my money without me having nothing
Bitchef2112

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:03:56 AM

Many small ICO exit scams, not much invested tho so i'm not even mad, part of the danger
nsmdgw

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:24:53 PM

* Always check before making a transaction
With this encrypted market, you may lose your money just because you entered the wrong address (many people have lost money for this), you should send a small amount of money before you make it. big deals. Remember, unlike credit cards, the pre-encoding market will not have any chargebacks for you.

Do not try to record remittance addresses and check them with different tabs. It's a smarter way if you just copy-paste address or scan QR code available.

* Look carefully at the websites you visit
Stay calm and take into account all the information you access. What website are you visiting? Is the malicious site your virus scanner has detected? Is this a fraudulent site with a name close to the one you often use?

Please check everything before access. And it's a good idea to bookmark the secure pages you regularly visit, as well as always access them from the bookmarks toolbar. You can also use an extension software like MetaMask, which will automatically detect fake MyEtherWallet wallet.
lolland

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:24:56 PM

I pay taxes, so yes.
Naginiya

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 05:49:57 AM

One time with a bounty program they asked a minimum investment to receive bounty stakes like a fool I invested and it was a scam

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
obak121
Copper Member

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:37:40 AM

Can you share this experience?

If you say yes, what the project was it? Why did you believe in this project?
it was beginning of my bitcoin . i found many site for mining  they paid 1st time , after someday gone .... Cry
not only one site most of them site of mining did same .  Sad
one more, i bought one mining software . because  that person was from my country so i trust him.
but after few hour i understood that it's also ...... Cry
watson13

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:23:29 AM

Yes!!! & in this forum  Cry
sirop

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:52:43 AM

I've been scamed
when I bought bitcoin
RANWAN

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:17:17 AM

My experience was with a fake agent from a telegram ICO channel. When I was searching a good ICO to invest I came across an great ICO project  and because I was new to the group and to the whole crypto investing one fake agent pretending like a real one told me to send ETH to an address if I want to receive 45% bonus so I did send and that was my first investing experience
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: