Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:25:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMV] MoneroV - Fork 1:10 of Monero - Finite coin supply - Private  (Read 45767 times)
ingo49

Activity: 147
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:44:43 AM

No, sorry, but in my mind, if a valid method exists that exposes vulnerabilities in a system, in this case, Monero via a fork - using standard fork methodologies, then it MUST be followed for the development of the future.  If that means that all are exposed in the past, too bad.  Those who put their TRUST in such a system are fools because they didn't see this coming.  It is more important to accept that this may be a problem for de-anonymizing Monero and plan for the future accordingly.

Implying that one must oppose on moral grounds is antithetical.

One of the best comments I've read in a long time.
Dumbing it down for people, it's just FUD from the community trying to avoid competition.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:54:11 AM

what algo will this use?
MoneroVisScam

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:58:53 PM

https://btcmanager.com/monerov-trap-laid-monero-users/

ingo49

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:16:01 PM

I'm surprised by the trolls creating new accounts trying to FUD this. Why are you so obsessed?
Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 02:27:47 PM

I'm surprised by the trolls creating new accounts trying to FUD this. Why are you so obsessed?

well apart from the new accounts, you cannot deny that the xmr side has some pretty strong arguments about this and the other side responds by calling them fudders instead of actually at least try to answer...

i dunno, If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, you know how it goes...

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
JuanHungLo

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001

I don't always drink...

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:50:12 PM

well apart from the new accounts, you cannot deny that the xmr side has some pretty strong arguments about this and the other side responds by calling them fudders instead of actually at least try to answer...

i dunno, If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, you know how it goes...

You must have looked right over my post.

Crypto forks are a fact of life.  If Monero cannot survive a fork without endangering the exposure of its users, then it needs to be redesigned.  That is not calling anybody a "fudder."

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton
ingo49

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:05:34 PM

Did you see previous messages from monerov's developers? Have you seen their updates and news page?
What arguments made by the Monero team are serious? screaming wolf is what's happening up until now.

majika

Activity: 64
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:36:27 PM
Merited by mattcode (1)

Many new accounts here are defending monero for some reason.
At last we are seeing a fork that actually moves the needle with regards to improving the forked coin.
Post count means nothing (imho). A criticism is still a criticism, comment still a comment.
oh, btw.. i've been at this here game since the get go. so Boo!. Wink 

"Actually Move the needle." maybe.. maybe not.
All I say is:- if your attempting to move the needle (as you say) do it off your own back & NOT by riding off the back of another project visa ve a hard-fork.
And definitely not at the risk of potentially damaging the reputation of a well established community.

MoneroV is like a parasite, using the host to grow without giving back to said host. Even using the same "Monero" brand name!

Usually, devs see an opportunity to fork a prosperous coin just to get a jump start with their own agenda. After said project gets forked they leave it to slowly wither away and do a "duck & cover" with all the "already Allocated" dev funds etc.

BUT this is crypto, should be used to this kind of shit. AND if this is how things move along well then so be it. It's still pretty shitty IMO.

Who are the devs behind this project anyway?
Who will control the 5.859375%% fund?
What will it be used for (Specifically)?
How will consensis be gathered/attained?

5.859375% of the total supply of MoneroV coins, using it to enhance the development of all
future works.
This will enable MoneroV to rapidly develop many urgent tasks in the form of developer
bounties, adding many paid full-time developers to the team.
● 66.6% of the funds mined by the development team will be proportionally distributed to
all team members and contributors.
● 33.3% of the funds mined by the development team will be transferred to a multisignature
wallet, with the private view key being released to the public.
● All future expenses such as storage costs and developer bounties will be detailed and
transparent.
Most of the bounties will go to developers and third-party services, like storage and security
services. The core mission of MoneroV is to rapidly add features and fix the current Monero
drawbacks. Although market forces will eventually price XMV, we have brought many expert
developers onboard, and are welcoming many more to join the team prior to the launch.
Future development:
● Web wallet & Light wallet
● PoW modification
● MimbleWimble integration

A few of the overheads/running costs specified (above) cost next to nothing to implement & maintain properly.
Monero already has a dev fund and works pretty well from what I have witnessed, Bounties fulfilled and work funded for foreseeable future #Anonimal's Kovri

https://forum.getmonero.org/9/work-in-progress/86967/anonimal-s-kovri-full-time-development-funding-thread

33.3% of the funds mined by the development team will be transferred to a multisignature wallet
humm....

The core mission of MoneroV is to rapidly add features and fix the current Monero drawbacks
Fix what exactly? OR is this code for wanting XMR clone with lower TX fee's maybe?
What drawbacks? Drawbacks from whose perspective? Monero is a perfect coin, project.

we have brought many expert developers onboard
Okey, Who are they, what is their background?
Its important for the community to know this kind of information prior to launch, do you agree?

This post is not FUDDING. It's just how I see this project..
Well, Actually, maybe a little of my own Fear & Uncertainty and definitely Doubt.
My comments\observations are not intentionally served for creating FUD.  But rather genuine & valid concerns about one of my favorite projects XMR !!
BitcoinsGreece

Activity: 164
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:20:27 PM

Please make sure both cast xmr and xmr stuck will be bug free to mine with.
mattcode
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:04:11 AM

I'm defending Monero because I use it almost every day and have for the past few years.

At last we are seeing a fork that actually moves the needle with regards to improving the forked coin.

You really think so? I think it's just a way for the 'developers' to make a quick buck. Monero has an excellent group of developers and researchers, and the MoneroV developers currently have nothing to show for themselves.

What do you all think of this?
This is the linked article in the post - https://medium.com/@tweetingpauls/beware-of-non-native-forks-of-monero-6f5a0bf1fccf

As long as you move your XMR to a new wallet AFTER the fork, but BEFORE you claim, your XMR is perfectly safe.

This is the first thing you learn about when claiming forks. If you don't know this simple fact, you shouldn't be claiming any fork of any coin.

Your XMR will be safe, but it can hurt your privacy. There's a patch prepared for Monero which fixes things though.

What drawbacks? Drawbacks from whose perspective? Monero is a perfect coin, project.

I don't think that Monero is perfect (yet). Scaling is a real issue because of the transaction sizes, bulletproofs will help things but it'll still be behind Bitcoin and most other coins.
CryptoWaffle

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:05:26 PM

I'm defending Monero because I use it almost every day and have for the past few years.

You really think so? I think it's just a way for the 'developers' to make a quick buck. Monero has an excellent group of developers and researchers, and the MoneroV developers currently have nothing to show for themselves.

What do you all think of this?
This is the linked article in the post - https://medium.com/@tweetingpauls/beware-of-non-native-forks-of-monero-6f5a0bf1fccf

As long as you move your XMR to a new wallet AFTER the fork, but BEFORE you claim, your XMR is perfectly safe.

This is the first thing you learn about when claiming forks. If you don't know this simple fact, you shouldn't be claiming any fork of any coin.

Your XMR will be safe, but it can hurt your privacy. There's a patch prepared for Monero which fixes things though.

I don't think that Monero is perfect (yet). Scaling is a real issue because of the transaction sizes, bulletproofs will help things but it'll still be behind Bitcoin and most other coins.

both Monero and their devs are overrated and even a fork couldnt fix that coin.
AliBG

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:34:52 PM

Is the rise of monero related to the fork? Do you do giveaways and airdrops?
thirty1st

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:40:15 PM

When will we be able to mine moneroV?
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:42:09 PM

I'm waiting patiently on buying into the post fork dip, that's where the real gain will be I think. Somewhere near the $250 mark I'd hope.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Shunyo

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 07:13:49 AM

Any updates or more clarity about the fork ?
ingo49

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:30:38 AM

So much FUD! This is getting more interesting by the second.
I do think they should postpone the fork to allow more people having a go at this.
cimanu

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:36:19 PM

I participate in the 1st round of landing. When will the next 3 out of 4 rounds take place? And in general will they? After all, do you want to burn coins? ..
mattcode
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:13:47 PM

both Monero and their devs are overrated and even a fork couldnt fix that coin.

Please elaborate on why you think that.
ingo49

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:21:35 PM

I participate in the 1st round of landing. When will the next 3 out of 4 rounds take place? And in general will they? After all, do you want to burn coins? ..

What are you talking about? The only way to 'get' MoneroV is by holding Monero at the time of the snapshot.
junforever

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:43:03 PM

Reserved spanish translation. Please confirm if you need it. Send me a pm. Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: