Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:59:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMV] MoneroV - Fork 1:10 of Monero - Finite coin supply - Private  (Read 45757 times)
tvtinh

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

ICO Advisor | Top 15 ICOBench Expert

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 02:22:01 AM

So this non-native fork has been postponed right? Bittrex announced no support for the non-native fork. Any updates?

Mr. Tinh Tran is among top 15 Global ICO Experts on ICOBench
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gutenhans

Activity: 135
Merit: 12

Call me Mr. Hans

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:35:32 AM

So this non-native fork has been postponed right? Bittrex announced no support for the non-native fork. Any updates?

actually that's one of the reasons it has been postponed.

To make it available on some exchanges, to help miners set up and solution regarding easier storing / wallet development.

They said the the MoneroV GUI wallet will be open source and that's the only place where you should put your keys.

They seem transparent to me and wiling to cover all the problems coming from the community (the most paranoid community) and that's a good thing. 
Gutenhans

Call me Mr. Hans

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:09:37 AM

Another new account here, yea Wink So, until now I was only reading, learning making conclusions on the topics I was interested in, however, I will speak up my voice on this one. This is STRAIGHT UP SCAM, money grab and in the same time it will hurt the anonymity of the Monero users who fall for it.

I support Monero, from the moment I got into crypto. I think the privacy coins are the future because the status quo is all about controlling the people... sorry, back to the main topic - don't let you be sucked into bullshit forks like this by the greed for getting free money. They will not cost anything 2 weeks after the fork.

Glad to see the community group together against this, shout out to the pool owners (f.e.).

why the newbie account? and when did you got in crypto? Speak up your own voice...

Your account looks like a FUD account, new with no activity and from the total of your 3 posts 2 are FUD on Monerov. By the way they are addressing both problems that you referred to in your last 2 posts. (open source wallet / hurting the anonymity)
Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 08:04:24 AM

Another new account here, yea Wink So, until now I was only reading, learning making conclusions on the topics I was interested in, however, I will speak up my voice on this one. This is STRAIGHT UP SCAM, money grab and in the same time it will hurt the anonymity of the Monero users who fall for it.

I support Monero, from the moment I got into crypto. I think the privacy coins are the future because the status quo is all about controlling the people... sorry, back to the main topic - don't let you be sucked into bullshit forks like this by the greed for getting free money. They will not cost anything 2 weeks after the fork.

Glad to see the community group together against this, shout out to the pool owners (f.e.).

why the newbie account? and when did you got in crypto? Speak up your own voice...

Your account looks like a FUD account, new with no activity and from the total of your 3 posts 2 are FUD on Monerov. By the way they are addressing both problems that you referred to in your last 2 posts. (open source wallet / hurting the anonymity)

where is the source code of the wallet Huh you say its open source. where can we view and review the code? thanks

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
TheFuzzStone
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1442

thefuzzstone.github.io

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:48:00 AM

why the newbie account?

My account is fine for you?  Wink

Speak up your own voice...

As you wish, sir!

I think that MoneroV is a scam and I will not use my Monero private keys to get that "a better Monero". So, greedy guys, are you ready for some cool storyCheesy

Oh, yeah, read this, nice artcile --> https://btcmanager.com/monerov-trap-laid-monero-users/

CryptoWaffle

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:21:36 AM

Monero die-hard fans spreading fud basically. Nothing too different from bitcoin cash fork in terms of security/privacy.

that was a clueless comment, well done.
Gutenhans

Call me Mr. Hans

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:21:56 AM

i think we share one thing until now in common. We both know airdrops on already established coins are just greedy. If you dig up a little about bitcoincash here on forum you'l see that the FUD was even bigger regarding replay attacks. And the only new thing that they brought was slightly faster and cheaper transactions.
I think screaming SCAM! it's not the way to go. There is a chance it will get a little bit of traction because people like to think in finite terms and a fixed market cap.

Tell me what do you think is the reason behind someone having a second account on bitcointalk most of the time?

Scams? Greed?
sylabis

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:54:04 AM

"Using lower transaction fees and advanced modification to the core mechanism in the way MoneroV calculates transactions and balances, we are aiming to make MoneroV fully scalable by integrating the MimbleWimble protocol."

For real? They plan on using MimbleWimble? What a bold move. MimbleWimble's not completed yet.
anavyle

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:21:49 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 10:41:55 PM by anavyle

Why the newbie account?
Because I mainly prefer to read, I grew up in forums, been writing in ones since year 2000, what I've learned is that there will be always one guy that will want to confront you because you have a few posts, you have many posts, you have different opinion from his.

Got into crypto year and a half ago. Yea, still a newbie I know. Thank you for checking ALL my posts.

Lastly - not a FUD account, plus the word FUD is fucked as shit. People got learn that when you ask legitimate questions or express doubt in your opinion that is no FUD, this 'word' is so so overused.

Whatever, if you are on MoneroV, so be it, everyone has a head on his shoulders.

Bad thing is that forks like this (MoneroV/Z/G) that use the name of its parent, hurt the reputation of the real coin, mostly in front of the new people involved, but still.
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:41:05 PM

this makes this look so shady
Gutenhans

Call me Mr. Hans

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:22:15 PM

Why the newbie account?
Because I mainly prefer to read, I grew up in forums, been writing in ones since year 2000, what I've learned is that there will be always one guy that will want to confront you because you have a few posts, you have many posts, you have different opinion from his.

Got into crypto year and a half ago. Yea, still a newbie I know. Thank you for checking ALL my posts.

Lastly - noт a FUD account, plus the word FUD is fucked as shit. People got learn that when you ask legitimate questions or express doubt in your opinion that is no FUD, this 'word' is so so overused.

Whatever, if you are on MoneroV, so be it, everyone has a head on his shoulders.

Bad thing is that forks like this (MoneroV/Z/G) that use the name of its parent, hurt the reputation of the real coin, mostly in front of the new people involved, but still.

I don't see it either way with the monerov fork. Maybe behind are some people like everyone else wanting to achive something or to change something in to the better and get rich doing it. At the moment it's too early to say anything. Your post said SCAM with no real reason (they addressed the problems you mention) and with the newbie account it created a suspicion in my eyes. The fact that you have a second account with legendary makes me wonder why would someone go to the trouble of making a second account? considering the risk that both will be closed if someone reports it (not that i'm gonna do that)

i'm in monero first of all
i consider that if something all this forks help with the publicity. The negative pump and dump lasts a couple of days before and after. I bet you bitcoin would be less famous without all the shitty forks.
Gutenhans

Call me Mr. Hans

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:23:58 PM

"Using lower transaction fees and advanced modification to the core mechanism in the way MoneroV calculates transactions and balances, we are aiming to make MoneroV fully scalable by integrating the MimbleWimble protocol."

For real? They plan on using MimbleWimble? What a bold move. MimbleWimble's not completed yet.

Go to https://monerov.org/ look at roadmap. Q4 2019 they will implement MimbleWimble.

i guess it will be ready in almoast 2 years
simis

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:38:15 PM

etn holder too get an airdrop???

why,  not fair.  fork is afork.

221 should receive to be fair.
ingo49

Activity: 147

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:16:55 AM

MoneroV fork has been postponed to April 30 - this is GREAT news!
https://monerov.org/announcement-monerov-fork-date-postponed/
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:50:13 PM

I'm not understanding, why not create a new coin, better fork?
As the current BTC has too many versions, the value is not high.
Can you explain?
SheepSuit

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:13:59 PM

Why is this such good news?

kaloo313

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:12:27 PM

Why is this such good news?

because it's a news  Grin
Andre100

Activity: 128

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:13:29 PM

I'm not understanding, why not create a new coin, better fork?
As the current BTC has too many versions, the value is not high.
Can you explain?

new coin? they even not build own NODE, LOL..
for now they just want our Monero private key, nothing more))
SimpleMan

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:13:47 PM

How can I get MoneroV?
Anyone who holds Monero prior to the fork which will occur on block height 1529810 (~14th March 2018) will be an owner of MoneroV and will receive MoneroV coins (XMV) in the rate of 1 XMR = 10 XMV. As an example, if you hold 1 Monero coin (XMR) prior to the fork, you will own 10 MoneroV (XMV) after the fork.

OK.... So.... I bought 100 Monero 9 months ago, then sold them (all 100) 6 months ago, so I held Monero "prior to the fork".

So I will be able to claim 1,000 MoneroV when it's out..... Right?

Or. Does someone need to change the "prior to the fork" to "at the time of the fork"?

It clearly says anyone who holds Monero prior to the fork and not "held" Monero prior to the fork. Not sure why you would want somebody to change that. Isn't it very clear what you need to do to get MoneroV?

ingo49

Activity: 147

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:07:55 PM

It clearly says anyone who holds Monero prior to the fork and not "held" Monero prior to the fork. Not sure why you would want somebody to change that. Isn't it very clear what you need to do to get MoneroV?

It is obvious he's joking/trolling.
Great new about the project being supported by Ovis exchange
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: