Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:02:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMV] MoneroV - Fork 1:10 of Monero - Finite coin supply - Private  (Read 45767 times)
trader_999
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:09:24 AM

Though MoneroV poses a threat to the entire Monero network, MoneroV will eventually incur the most significant burden. However, in the long run, the virtual currency is an advanced anonymous coin with extra add-ons and botnet mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blazin

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:01:59 AM

I'll just pretend all the arguing above doesn't exist at this point.  Tongue

If anybody has issues with getting their wallet to sync, the only command line option you should ever adjust for the MoneroV daemon (monerovd.exe) is --block-sync-size. It defaults to 20, but a lower number like 10 can be beneficial to those of use with slow internet. Also, do not add any other command line options unless absolutely necessary. Adding other command line options tends to have less than desirable results if you don't know what you're doing. A few options I tweaked actually slowed my sync down instead of speeding it up.
Savior

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:29:30 AM

Hi All,

Bit of an amateur question but I have a Kraken account and bitcoins on this exchange are ticker XBT and on Coinex bitcoins are under ticker BTC. I didn't realise there were different ticker symbols for bitcoin?
Also, I emailed Coinex to ask about sending Bitcoins (XBT) from Kraken to my Coinex account to buy XMV's but got this message in reply:

"Thanks for contacting CoinEx support.
BTC address is ONLY available for BTC deposit. Minimum limit for each deposit is 0.0006. Any deposit below minimum limit or non-BTC deposit will NOT be added to your account and it is NOT refundable.
Therefore, I suggest you DON'T deposit non-BTC on BTC wallet of CoinEx.

Kind regards"

Can anyone explain this to me please and where can I buy BTC?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?

Pretty sure Kraken just list Bitcoin (BTC) as XBT, not sure why. But it is still bitcoin (BTC). Bitcoin Cash is listed as BCH. That Coinex site probably just got confused thinking you were asking about some random bitcoin fork called XBT.
TuffNuff

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:13:11 AM

Hi All,

Bit of an amateur question but I have a Kraken account and bitcoins on this exchange are ticker XBT and on Coinex bitcoins are under ticker BTC. I didn't realise there were different ticker symbols for bitcoin?
Also, I emailed Coinex to ask about sending Bitcoins (XBT) from Kraken to my Coinex account to buy XMV's but got this message in reply:

BTC address is ONLY available for BTC deposit. Minimum limit for each deposit is 0.0006. Any deposit below minimum limit or non-BTC deposit will NOT be added to your account and it is NOT refundable.

Kind regards"

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?

This thread is about the new currency MoneroV, you try to ask us something about BTC... try in another place ;-)

OK, thanks. It was a question re: buying MoneroV so not all BTC!
TuffNuff

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:20:53 AM

Hi All,

Kind regards"

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?

Pretty sure Kraken just list Bitcoin (BTC) as XBT, not sure why. But it is still bitcoin (BTC). Bitcoin Cash is listed as BCH. That Coinex site probably just got confused thinking you were asking about some random bitcoin fork called XBT.

Now that's the kinda nice reply that helps! Thanks Savior! Smiley
nutplus

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:29:14 PM

MoreroV mining pool!

http://monerov.rocketpool.pro

Mining URL: monerov.rocketpool.pro
Ports:
         3333 - CPU
         4444 - 1-2 GPU
         5555 - 2+ GPU
         7777 - NiceHash

Pool Fee: 0%
Located: Finland
Min payout: 0.1 XMV
Payment Interval: 30 minutes
Live chat: quick support!
raitpngman

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:29:13 PM

Hi All,

Kind regards"

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?

Actually, what Kraken is trying to say is don't send one coin to a different coin's wallet, i.e. don't send bitcoin to a bitcoin cash wallet or don't send MoneroV to a bitcoin wallet. XBT and BTC are the same coin (bitcoin), so you can send from one to another.
If you want to change your monerov for bitcoin, send it to a monerov wallet on the exchange and then sell it for BTC. if you are wanting to buy BTC with fiat, you have to go through something different
heehaw

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:11:54 AM

I download the Linux CLI Wallet 64 Bit from https://monerov.org/

I added my previous wallet keys by adding the .keys file in the /bin folder.

Everything worked okay, BUT my balance is exactly my old original Monero Balance "x" and not 10x.  I'm positive I had a "x" balance before the fork date.

Below you will find output when I run unspent_outputs:

Code:
[wallet zzzzzz]: unspent_outputs

Amount: x, number of keys: 1

Min block height: 1513909
Max block height: 1513909
Min amount found: x
Max amount found: x
Total count: 1

Bin size: 0.02
Outputs per *: 1
count
  ^
  |                                                  |
  |                                                *|
  +--------------------------------------------------+--> block height
   ^                                            ^
  1513909                                          1513909

(Original Monero and MoneroV amounts are all the same and are "x")

I also also ran rescan_bc and still ended up with my original amount of MoneroV "x' and not x10.

I just did this process today.  Did I have to do this process on fork date or close to?  As far as I can imagine that shouldn't be the case.

Anybodies thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.
TuffNuff

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:09:11 AM

Hi All,

Kind regards"

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?

Actually, what Kraken is trying to say is don't send one coin to a different coin's wallet, i.e. don't send bitcoin to a bitcoin cash wallet or don't send MoneroV to a bitcoin wallet. XBT and BTC are the same coin (bitcoin), so you can send from one to another.
If you want to change your monerov for bitcoin, send it to a monerov wallet on the exchange and then sell it for BTC. if you are wanting to buy BTC with fiat, you have to go through something different

Great help @raitpngman, thanks!
Savior

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:12:01 AM

I also also ran rescan_bc and still ended up with my original amount of MoneroV "x' and not x10.

I just did this process today.  Did I have to do this process on fork date or close to?  As far as I can imagine that shouldn't be the case.

There was some kind of bug with importing wallet people talked about, one thing that works is to import from the seed instead if you want a fast easy solution.
ViperGuyMike

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:26:01 AM

As mentioned above, importing from the seed worked for me.
operater

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:53:03 PM

Hi All,

Kind regards"

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?

Now that's the kinda nice reply that helps! Thanks Savior! Smiley

There's actually a very specific reason as to why XBT is called XBT and not BTC on kraken! They use it to designate the "bitcoin exchange traded notes" which are not BTC itself but have their value backed in BTC which you would receive when you withdraw XBT from the exchange for instance.
heehaw

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:36:05 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 09:46:56 PM by heehaw

I just did this process today.  Did I have to do this process on fork date or close to?  As far as I can imagine that shouldn't be the case.

There was some kind of bug with importing wallet people talked about, one thing that works is to import from the seed instead if you want a fast easy solution.
Okay...I'm being very lazy here as I decided to claim the MoneroV over the last couple of days and have not kept up with the conversation.  

How does one import from seed?

I ran help from the cli-wallet and it had "seed" and "encrypted_seed" commands and neither worked.  Should I be using some other method other than cli-wallet?

Thanks so much in advance.

Edit --- I ran above seed commands from a brand new empty wallet

Edit 2 --- I'm going to spin up a Windows VM, install official GUI wallet and see how that works.  Will give results.
Blazin

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:05:52 AM

Okay...I'm being very lazy here as I decided to claim the MoneroV over the last couple of days and have not kept up with the conversation.  

I ran help from the cli-wallet and it had "seed" and "encrypted_seed" commands and neither worked.  Should I be using some other method other than cli-wallet?

Edit 2 --- I'm going to spin up a Windows VM, install official GUI wallet and see how that works.  Will give results.

Where did you get the seed from?

If it is a 25 word seed from the standard XMR wallet for PC, you are supposed to run "monerov-wallet-cli --restore-deterministic-wallet" which will ask you which file you want to save the wallet as and eventually ask you for a seed.

If it is a 13 word seed from mymonero.com, you will need to take a different approach. See this quote from an earlier post I made.

Go to Account>Account Details on Mymonero.com and get your keys and address.

Run

Code:
monerov-wallet-cli --generate-from-keys yourwalletfile

You will want to replace "yourwalletfile" with the filename you want the wallet to have. Anyway, the CLI wallet will ask you for your address and keys. That should work (theoretically).

Timos2018

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:32:13 AM

Hi
Someone can help with xmvpool.net? Need admin contact - I cant find it.
I have total due more than payment threshold but it didn't transferred to my wallet.
Thanks!
heehaw

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:53:42 AM

Edit 2 --- I'm going to spin up a Windows VM, install official GUI wallet and see how that works.  Will give results.

Where did you get the seed from?

If it is a 25 word seed from the standard XMR wallet for PC, you are supposed to run "monerov-wallet-cli --restore-deterministic-wallet" which will ask you which file you want to save the wallet as and eventually ask you for a seed.

If it is a 13 word seed from mymonero.com, you will need to take a different approach. See this quote from an earlier post I made.

Go to Account>Account Details on Mymonero.com and get your keys and address.

Run

Code:

You will want to replace "yourwalletfile" with the filename you want the wallet to have. Anyway, the CLI wallet will ask you for your address and keys. That should work (theoretically).

Worked like a charm.  Used
Code:
./monerov-wallet-cli --generate-from-keys yourwalletfile
on Ubuntu.  Would assume
Code:
would work on Windows.  

Additionally I created fresh install.  I tried command on system with wallet previously installed but predictably it did not work.  I assume you could delete folders/files/keys etc for it to work but I just created an Ubuntu VM and it worked great.

FYI, it was 25 word seed and it asked for my Address, Secret spend key and Secret view key

Hat tip to you my friend.
SpceGhst

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:27:28 PM

Are people dumping their free MoneroV?  Is that why price keeps going down?
gweigster

Activity: 572
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:12:14 AM

Are people dumping their free MoneroV?  Is that why price keeps going down?

Where do you get your infos about the price? Is it listed on a page like coinmarketcap or do you watch it on one exchange only?

Get BTC Cashback on hundreds of online shops:
https://stekking.com/register/eEzv2VLwBJWd8X4Z
for example: ebay, AliExpress, Expedia.com, Takeaway.com, Adidas, Microsoft, Lieferando, NordVPN, Lidl, Booking.com
SpceGhst

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:14:29 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 03:59:46 PM by SpceGhst

Are people dumping their free MoneroV?  Is that why price keeps going down?

Where do you get your infos about the price? Is it listed on a page like coinmarketcap or do you watch it on one exchange only?

Not listed on CMC yet.  The only exchange I can find is altex.exchange.

Edit... My mistake, it’s also listed on TradeOgre.
Old_Timer

Activity: 131
Merit: 13

In the fray since 2013.

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:38:11 PM

When will HitBtc launch trading pairs?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: