Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:26:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin become a daily currency?  (Read 1336 times)
bayupermana

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:42:52 AM

No please, waiting for my GF is enough , i won't have time to wait for another unconfirmed transaction, specially when those are heavily amount .
One more thing fee transaction will be insane, sometimes the fee transaction is double my payment....
RAmondragon

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:44:56 AM

I dont think so for now. The unstable price chart can tell. Also not all have access to the online world. There are still more cities which lacks education on bitcoin.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
jinxing

Activity: 276
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:50:26 AM

Currently bitcoin can not be used for everyday purposes. Because the price or bitcoin value is very high. Uncertain bitcoin fluctuations are the reasons why transactions of everyday necessities. But the government let bitcoin just to invest only. Many people are still not familiar with bitcoin so they still rely on fiat money for daily needs. The state has not yet facilitated the market with this bitcoin digital money. Maybe and hopefully with the advancement of technology all will go smoothly.
DanWagner

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:52:49 AM

If they find something to solve  the scalability problem then it is possible i guess . But there are so many other coins working on that problem that i am scared it is gonna be to late for bitcoin.
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:17:49 AM

Bitcoin transactions are way slower than other cryptos and fees are high, and when you pay with bitcoin you pay with only fractions of it, so do you think it is possible for bitcoin to become a daily currency? Something you can use to pay for coffee? If no, then what cryptocurrency have this potential?

Its impossible to happen. Bitcoin is designed to become a storage of wealth. If you want to buy coffee then convert your bitcoin into bitcoin - cash. That is the purpose of BCH.

Brama Jasa

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:29:00 AM

Bitcoin transactions are way slower than other cryptos and fees are high, and when you pay with bitcoin you pay with only fractions of it, so do you think it is possible for bitcoin to become a daily currency? Something you can use to pay for coffee? If no, then what cryptocurrency have this potential?

I think all the coins can be used for daily needs, I say this because now many are making a payment platform, you can use any coin in the transaction, not just bitcoin only. there are even such platforms in some countries
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:37:31 AM

yes, we admit that this is one of the weaknesses of bitcoin, not just slow, but also expensive fees.

and I think this is the aspect that bitcoin should fix, and to pay for something as small as to buy coffee would be difficult, I never thought about how technical they are to make coffee payment transactions. such as in Canada and in japan.

please explain to me how technical? is it using exchange?
nz_sana

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:52:20 AM

If bitcoin accepts many amendments, if you want to use it as a daily payment medium then very slow guarantees, it takes a few hours to make small trading jams. Another crypto can be quick.
zafirawijaya03

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:56:06 AM

It all depends on the policy of a country, can or not, so far bitcoin is still often used after being converted into local money.
rappydoo

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:00:24 AM

yes but it will happen only if mass adaption would happen which i think will occur soon, but another thing about bitcoin is its price, it is too volatile so some might be hesitant to use bitcoin as a currency.
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:02:07 AM

Bitcoin can be possibly use as our currency in daily lives however it will take so much time to check and review how secure it is. Bitcoin must be centralized so that the Government will be the one to take over it and implement some rules and regulatuions for the protection and security of investors or people who are using this crypto currency. As of now, Bitcoin can be used for fund transfer and payment of monthly bills thru online that has no hassle and free of charge. It can be used as mode of payment if we bought some stuff thru online store. Let's just hope and  enjoy the goodness of Bitcoin as of the moment and wait for the perfect timing.
wumBowo

Activity: 770
Merit: 298

tozex.io

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 05:02:51 AM

the price still so volatile/fluctuation and the transaction really takes long time. Not possible right now

Tozex