Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:32:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin become a daily currency?  (Read 1336 times)
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2231

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:56:18 PM

Bitcoin transactions are way slower than other cryptos and fees are high, and when you pay with bitcoin you pay with only fractions of it, so do you think it is possible for bitcoin to become a daily currency? Something you can use to pay for coffee? If no, then what cryptocurrency have this potential?
You have given an answer on your question. To use Bitcoin as a daily currency, we need to make a huge amount of transactions, therefore those transaction would be outside of the blockchain of Bitcoin. Now the developers are deploying a new technology The Lightning Network which make possible to create between users a channels ensured by bitcoins.

If you are asking about another crypto currency which has a potential in this field, I can advise Dash. The instant transactions of Dash are pretty fast and safe.
jeraldme

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

Bitcoin transactions are way slower than other cryptos and fees are high, and when you pay with bitcoin you pay with only fractions of it, so do you think it is possible for bitcoin to become a daily currency? Something you can use to pay for coffee? If no, then what cryptocurrency have this potential?
I hope it can happen someday that bitcoin is our daily currency to buy our needs and everything. And also the government will allow to each and everyone that bitcoin is officially legal.
jancukiyah

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:02:48 PM

No one know how the future of bitcoin. Maybe if the users of bitcoin always increase day by day, bitcoin can be the daily currency for our life. I really excited if someone ask me about it, because I really hope that bitcoin can be the best way we use to our daily needs, for our life. Let's imagine how if we can pay our coffee with bitcoin! Bitcoin have the future I think.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱  MAY 1st   [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████    FACEBOOK       TWITTER       LINKEDIN       MEDIUM       TELEGRAM    ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄
ShiroThe5th

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:05:09 PM

It is possible i guess. The popularity of bitcoin currently is high. Many people are now talking about this and apparently debating it. The fact that can be bitcoin will be part of our daily is possible just likw other credit card. Credit cards is a sort of the same to bitcoin so it is also possibly use in daily life.
sashulya7979

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:41:47 PM

For the convenience of payment for all kinds of transactions (buying on the Internet, paying for telephone services, paying utility bills) would be convenient, as far as remote transfer is concerned. A trip to the cinema, the store and other joys of life I do not think it would be convenient.
hinpoc.hin

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:12:56 PM

Yes it is still possible. bitcoin can become a daily currency if all country around the world using bitcoin.
but for now, there are many countries that not using bitcoin, and not allowing to using bitcoin.
pthnmj

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:36:54 PM

Yeah,  it's possible. It will happen when all the currencies collapse,  and then bitcoin will change them. We will be able to use bitcoin as a daily currency if no currency circulates all over the world.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:56:35 PM

Bitcoin cannot be a daily currency because it will resulted for having delays because the confirmation time in bitcoin is not that fast so we can really expect a delay in your payment which can cause a problem to the people who are accepting it. Bitcoin also have a fee before you can completely send your bitcoin which is another thing to be bother with because just imagine the additional thing to pay if you will use bitcoin.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:27:39 PM

I'd like to point something out here that is not being noted by y'all. Speed of ACTUAL settlement. In bitcoin, it's settled, realisitically, in three blocks. That's on average a half hour.

The 'fast' transaction speed of fiat is an illusion. Actual settlement, depending on the banking entities involved, is between 24 hours and seven business days. They give you a 'credit' almost instantly, but that's what it is: Credit. IT CAN BE REVERSED.

Bitcoin solves this. When the transaction becomes confirmed, it's DONE. No takebacks, no bullshit.

Even with LN, this remains true, as each transaction in the side chain (payment channel) becomes permanent once confirmed, and doubly so once the channel is confirmed on the blockchain.

The problem to daily adoption is not speed or fees, it's ease of use. With a credit system on top of it, such as LN or even a totally off chain solution like VISA, that problem goes away.

Remember, it took 24 years and the biggest single theft of hard money in history to make the Fiat US Dollar have any kind of efficacy. BTC has gone more than halfway in less than half that time, and it doesn't require the massive theft of a population's wealth to make it happen. Just some incremental improvements in software, and a lot of adverstising.

Yes, it can be, and MUST BE a daily currency. If it fails to do so, then it fails completely. The sheer amount of resources invested in it militates towards it becoming a daily currency.

Webberson

Activity: 602
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 09:41:43 PM

On a general note, i really do not see bitcoin becoming a daily currency because it is a digital currency that requires the use of an internet and as such, would not be suitable for smaller transactions.

senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:03:35 PM

Bitcoin can become a currency for daily purchases if you have too many bitcoins and you will still be making expensive purchases. That is, for billionaires it will still work.
 However, for most ordinary people, it is impractical for average incomes and very expensive to use it to make daily purchases.
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:09:49 PM

Just from your own quote those are the issues BTC needs to solve for it to become a daily currency. Once those issues gets fixed it may have more potential for daily use. However, I do see BTC as more of an asset than a currency though.
aimata27

Activity: 531

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 11:13:51 PM

Well it's just like what you have said, even if it's successful, bitcoin is slow in transactions and its fees are too high. So maybe bitcoin cannot become a daily currency for us. But some coins have the potential for being used as a daily currency. Just make sure that that coin is fast in transactions and its fees are so addordable to all of us.
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:30:52 PM

Isn't quite possible if there is no other options just like of using fiat. But then, since fiat currency are still widely used, it can't be push to used this 3rd world currency generation as we considered of having high fees in all transaction. If they just lower the fees or it is free of charge, a huge possibilities that many people will choose bitcoin to be used than of fiat.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:38:52 PM

With the current high fee, bitcoin is better suited to be a digital asset invested for a long period of time. Whereas if you want to use crypto for daily finance I prefer to use altcoin like ethereum (ETH) and bitcoin cash (BCH) whose transaction cost is much lower than bitcoin. But, if you still want to use bitcoin as daily money it could be but the risk of loss is borne by each.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:40:07 AM

I think bitcoin can become a daily currency given that it gets more support from the community now. However, price-wise, we should establish that bitcoins must have a stable price first before being considered a daily currency. People should always consider first the total supply.
yeah, you're right I think an unstable price will certainly hurt the seller if they don't know how to process payment with bitcoin because with fluctuations, of course, the price can drop anytime. if bitcoin is implemented as a daily payment. of course, there must be a special technology like bitcoin debit card so don't need to use transaction fee and bitcoin will be converted automatically to fiat if the sellers want it.
TorbiK

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Diagon

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:45:42 AM

Bitcoin used to be used all the time. The weed was bought and so on. And now everyone wants only if it grew in price, and no one is going to use it.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:55:44 AM

In my opinion bitcoin couldn't be the major of exchange but can be the major way of transactions. Payment is a simple way of paying some items that bought by one person. If we disregard the value of bitcoin it can but but if we took up and look up what the potential of bitcoin can be in the future, then we couldn't allowed bitcoin as the currency daily. What will be the purpose of some altcoins that was and are and will be created in different areas of business in the land of business field. There are a lot of coins who have the exact uses to daily currency.
lelylely

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:10:06 AM

If for now the bitcoin is not good into the daily currency because of its long transaction and high cost. If in the future there is an improvement of bitcoin, I think bitcoin can be for daily transactions.

svetochka.yakovleva.93

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:10:26 AM

It seems bitcoin for daily use is not very convenient. That's when he will not have sharp jumps, then you can and make purchases and other joy of life.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: