Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:44:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gadget for private communication  (Read 1462 times)
thesteven

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:24:59 PM

By the way, how can anyone be sure that the conversation is fully private or not? Cause I use whatsapp and haven't noticed any invasions of privacy yet.
Antikos

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:02:16 PM

By the way, how can anyone be sure that the conversation is fully private or not? Cause I use whatsapp and haven't noticed any invasions of privacy yet.
WhatsAp uses end-to-end encryption, which means that only you and the person you are communicating with can read the contents, and no one else, not even WhatsApp. Maybe that's why you did not feel the invasion, and maybe there was no reason for anyone to invade your life)
messi1488

Activity: 12
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:03:34 PM

Facebook has implemented many features to make it a hub of its users' Internet experience, and its chat messaging service is no different. When it comes to the safety of chatting on Facebook, the platform is not an inherent security risk to your devices. However, you still need to exercise caution against phishing attacks and consider the privacy implications that come with putting any personal information on Facebook.

Evgeniiaa

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:29:37 PM

The Check Point security research team discovered a vulnerability in Facebook’s Messenger (both the online version and the mobile app) that would allow an attacker to modify the contents of someone’s chat history as well as give them the ability to spread malware through the chat service. This vulnerability existed because messages are normally stored on Facebook’s servers, and Facebook could also modify the messages itself if it so desired. The attackers are simply using a capability that Facebook already has.
Lenikka

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:58:30 PM

At you on a site it is written about Encrypted image gallery. Can you tell more how it will look like?
Alex S K

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:03:29 PM

I think that the level of security of the modern messenger is still insufficient. But on the other hand - what should I hide? from whom? and for what? If anyone wants, he will know everything that is needed without problems. For those who don't want to know about this, you need to completely abandon the gadgets. Everyone makes a choice on their own.
OlenkaMix

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:40:22 AM

Facebook Messenger wants to be your primary messaging app. As people become more and more concerned about security, being the best messaging app means being the most secure. That’s why Facebook is finally adding an option for users to encrypt their chats in Messenger.

Messenger will begin to offer an end-to-end encryption feature to a limited test group of users today. It’s a security option that’s been a long time coming for Facebook, which has considered making end-to-end encryption available for several months.
Mary01

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:54:01 AM

A good device, for those who are seriously concerned about the confidentiality of their data. The level of reliability still leaves much to be desired, so this development has its audience and its investors.
nikitka

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:02:15 AM

There is a reason why we are concerned about security and privacy more than before. Today is the age of instant messaging and we share any sort of personal data online. That is why we need to be extra careful about the privacy of our data. There are many instant messengers popping out every day. These messengers offer different eye-catching features which lure the users to use them. But vigilant users are concerned about the security of these messengers. One of the instant messengers that is very popular especially in India is Hike messenger.
omvxbox

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:16:53 AM

Telegram, the supposedly secure messaging app, has over 100 million users. You might even be one of them. If you are, you should probably stop using it right now. Here’s the unfortunate truth about Telegram: it’s not as secure as the company’s marketing campaigns might lead you to believe.
Denshic56

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:21:51 AM

I'm not sure about the Telegram security account. I use it myself, but I do it carefully. To send important and relatively valuable information I use other, more secure communication channels. If to argue as a whole, then security in these networks is a temporary thing. There was a way to protect data with special protosols, a month later some clever uncle would bypass this defense and break it. The question is only the amount of time required.
SergeyP77

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:22:50 AM

Of course, providing security when communicating on the Internet is of great importance. At the moment I'm not very attentive to security. But after carefully reading this discussion, I may revise my attitude to this issue. 

This product is very good and deserves my attention, but I will not hurry yet. I will study the information carefully. 
sergo772

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:37:14 AM

Perhaps this application most suits modern users of the Internet and allows you to expand their capabilities in the search for crypto currency.

Also surprising is the simplicity and availability of this tool for crypto currency, because it becomes available not only at home, but also wherever you can connect to the Internet.
dmitryhead

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:39:53 AM

Personally, I use ChatSecure. ChatSecure supports Off the Record messaging and the open XMPP protocol. The Android version is no longer maintained, but the iOS one is still actively developed.
Lux12

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:58:31 AM

A sensational—and very much unverified—memo about Russian attempts to compromise President-elect Donald Trump includes new information about the Kremlin’s cyber warfare efforts, including a claim the Kremlin successfully broke into a popular messaging app.

The app, known as Telegram, is popular among dissidents and others who value its ability to send text messages in an encrypted fashion. The encryption feature means that spies or law enforcement are unable to read messages they intercept.
kudryavtsev

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:34:36 AM

How is your encryption related to the blockchain?
NikolayRaev

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:33:38 AM

I totally agree with you

Of course, providing security when communicating on the Internet is of great importance. At the moment I'm not very attentive to security. But after carefully reading this discussion, I may revise my attitude to this issue. 

This product is very good and deserves my attention, but I will not hurry yet. I will study the information carefully. 
thesteven

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:53:49 AM

I have heard about telegram's safety a lot lately. But for some reason I still use WhatsApp more than any other messenger cause I like how convenient and easy it is.
bob62

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:56:10 AM

“Telegram is an encrypted instant messaging app for iOS and Android devices. Obviously, I wouldn’t mention it on this blog if its crypto was perfect. In fact, it’s far from perfect. It’s almost horrifying.

I’m not sure if it was in response to some good criticism, but Telegram recently announced a crypto contest. Basically, if you can recover an email address that was encrypted with their secure messaging app, you can win $200,000 USD worth of Bitcoin.
Artcooll

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:27:46 AM

“Telegram is an encrypted instant messaging app for iOS and Android devices. Obviously, I wouldn’t mention it on this blog if its crypto was perfect. In fact, it’s far from perfect. It’s almost horrifying.

I’m not sure if it was in response to some good criticism, but Telegram recently announced a crypto contest. Basically, if you can recover an email address that was encrypted with their secure messaging app, you can win $200,000 USD worth of Bitcoin.

So you're suggesting we do something like this here? To do something like a contest - "who will be able to crack our defense"? Wink) I think it will be superfluous. Perfect defenses just yet, and if someone really wants to, he can find ways to hack it all. Yes, I am a pessimist, but still there is a fairly reliable level of protection is present.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: