Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:40:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are bounty hunters guilty?  (Read 24853 times)
smith136

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:34:05 PM

Who said bounty hunters are guilty? Bounty hunters are not lowering any rate at all, if anything, they are generating additional exposure for the ICO so that ICOs are likelier to succeed. Besides, if giving out bounties were not profitable, ICOs wouldn't be offering them in the first place.

I think what OP was alluding to was the fact that bounty hunters feel like they are under constant prosecution here at the forums. Whether that be from big ranking members who hate the thought of bounty or whether that be from ICOs calling for KYC on some projects. It just seems that this aspect of the forum isn't wanted, which is weird because they offer it. Kind of a catch 22 you can't win whatever side you are on.
agreed, some of the devs/admin of a channel in telegram even saying these are free coins, i don't understand why do they have to belittle what bounty hunters have done or contributed to their project yet in the first place they are the one decided to accept this kind of advertisement system. Mostly of investors do not know what the value of labor service and it's weird they've invested on ICO and then they want profits right after the coin gets listed in exchange.

alexford

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

Pastel Network

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:36:43 PM

Why are bounty hunters guilty?
Why do they say that bounty hunters have lowered the rate, and investors can not even return the money they invested? I think that if the project is honest, this situation is unacceptable, since hunters get a percentage from ICO, and the project team must redeem their token or coin!

No, bounty hunters are not guilty, we're the one who helping them to endorsed the project through social networking sites. We're the one who helping them, by helping them, we are rewarded with the small amount where the project profits. We only get 1 to 3 % from the profit. Even we don't use our cash, buy we support the project by our efforts. Efforts that the project will be broadcast and known by others.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Pastel.network ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Blockchain Art Platform
Tradable Assets  ▼ Unique Ownership  ▼ Proven Authenticity
krodmandoon

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:37:37 PM

Usually sometimes the bounty hunters can cause a drop in price as a result of dumping of a token/coin but that depends on the overall prospects of the coin.If it has good prospects people will be happier to hold rather than dump.

Well this is true, but don't happen too often. Usually when the bounty campaign is over and tokens are paid and listed on the exchanges. Then most of bounty hunters are selling their coins and the price drops.

BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:43:12 PM

Who said bounty hunters are guilty? Bounty hunters are not lowering any rate at all, if anything, they are generating additional exposure for the ICO so that ICOs are likelier to succeed. Besides, if giving out bounties were not profitable, ICOs wouldn't be offering them in the first place.

I think what OP was alluding to was the fact that bounty hunters feel like they are under constant prosecution here at the forums. Whether that be from big ranking members who hate the thought of bounty or whether that be from ICOs calling for KYC on some projects. It just seems that this aspect of the forum isn't wanted, which is weird because they offer it. Kind of a catch 22 you can't win whatever side you are on.
There really aren't any problems with bounty hunting as long as they're not spamming like a dweeb, which is what most of the signature spammers are doing. They barely read the title of a thread and then drop off some incoherent nonsense that is vaguely related to it instead of having actually discussions like you know, the thing that a forum is meant to be used for.
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:12:14 AM

If you are a Spam bounty hunter that does not contribute to this forum. then you are guilty. This is the reason why theymos implemented merit system. to lessen the Spam reply and topics flooding in bitcointalk.

This is also the main reason why ICO campaign rewards are getting low. thanks for the implementation of merit system. the trust for quality, constructive bounty hunters are now going up.

BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:15:56 AM

If you are a Spam bounty hunter that does not contribute to this forum. then you are guilty. This is the reason why theymos implemented merit system. to lessen the Spam reply and topics flooding in bitcointalk.

This is also the main reason why ICO campaign rewards are getting low. thanks for the implementation of merit system. the trust for quality, constructive bounty hunters are now going up.
Is merit actually being considered in bounty campaigns now? On top of activity level that is.
p i e c e

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:58:18 AM

Why do they say that bounty hunters have lowered the rate, and investors can not even return the money they invested? I think that if the project is honest, this situation is unacceptable, since hunters get a percentage from ICO, and the project team must redeem their token or coin!

I think that since opportunities for hunting bounties rewards exist so it shows that developers of the project doesn’t aware enough about the system they created. It is better to avoid such projects I suppose.
Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:47:43 AM

I think OP meant something different. Just did not correctly formulate the question. Most likely was too emotional. Sometimes emotions do not allow to concentrate.

So, as far as I understand, it's about having ICO and there is a bounty. Bounty members work and spend their time. As a result, the project does not gain even a minimum amount on sales. All money is returned to investors. But the bounty hunters remain with nothing. Get just zero.

The second situation. ICO successfully, collected a lot of money. But suddenly after the bounty company is over, the bounty rules change. Now all the members of the bounty need to confirm their identity. But the problem is that many countries have a ban. As a consequence, such bounty hunters worked for free.

Is this honest? No, it's not fair! Will this change? No, it will not. Project developers and bounty managers do what they want.
Bananiheller

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:11:58 PM

Bountyhunters does not usually give such a large percentage of us to seriously influence the price. In addition, many hold a part of the tokens, sometimes everything. The price after the end of the ICO often bring down large investors to repurchase.
shahani

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:27:33 PM

Actually the word guilty is only use for the person who made a bad thing or making any unlawful actions, but as long as we are pairly balance between crypto business and workers we don't need to use any words of accusation like guilty.

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
btcrocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:31:11 PM

Actually the word guilty is only use for the person who made a bad thing or making any unlawful actions, but as long as we are pairly balance between crypto business and workers we don't need to use any words of accusation like guilty.

At first look, I couldn't get what OP was trying to say and after reading some of the posts I guess many people accuse bounty participants to degenerate the value of the project.Having a bounty or not is a decision of the project owners and I don't think it is wrong to be part of it.
jtbcoins

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:35:23 PM

We have normal bounty haunters (that holding their tokens for a little time) and we have newbie bounty hunters (that selling their tokens just after distribution and it's affecting the price, they are actually guilty). You need to understad which one are you.
IlfarIldarovich

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:44:46 PM

I do not agree with the opinion that the hunters are to blame . Usually 2-4 % is allocated to bounty rewards . And I think it does not really affect the price
breeze170

Activity: 186

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:49:13 PM

I think bounty hunters aren't problematic unless they scam the projects. I see it as a way to promote and support your favourite project. But some people use weird methods like spamming altcoin forums, posting weird links, trying to scam bounty projects by doing double entries to different addresses so on.

yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:50:53 PM

Actually most of the time it’s investors who blame the bounty hunters. I can understand them they think bounty hunters get the coins for free which they paid money for but this is not a correct way of thinking. Bounty hunters spend time and they play a very important role in the advertisement of the project.

friday99

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:02:59 PM

actually to say guilty it is a less precise sentence to be expressed. because I think the bounty hunters sell it by not putting up another thing because they only get out of their job and it's natural whether they want to sell or hold it it's their own right either at a price down or a high price.
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:44:09 PM

I think this is just a perception, this always occur when the price of a token dump immediately after launch on exchange, but I have seen several ICO without bounty campaigns dumped after their list on exchanges
byteminr

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 07:24:18 PM

It's bullshit.
Participants of the bounty make advertising for the project and they are useful. Even if they sell their tokens - they have the right to do so. Although I do not do this if I believe in a project
voshue

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:27:26 PM

It is not real bounty hunters like me . Because many of them hodling coins because they got them without payment , i am thinking like that .
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:29:23 PM

I have one question, why do you think that we are guilty? I do not consider myself guilty of anything, I do a good deed, I inform people about the information, for this matter I get a small reward, so I'm not guilty, the decision is made by the person himself, nobody here imposes anything on him
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: