Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:48:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Market movement after the Chinese New Year holiday  (Read 452 times)
wodebutterfly (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:56:25 PM

It seems that the 24H trading volume is pretty low recently, as the Chinese New Year holiday is coming to an end, what do you think the market will move, especially the altcoins?

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
sangkler11

Activity: 406
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:55:28 PM

I hope altcoin will move on early March, Currently Bitcoin starts move to $12k but altcoin is still so weak except Litecoin and ETC
buy altcoin now with price so cheap.
wodebutterfly (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:16:27 AM

I hope altcoin will move on early March, Currently Bitcoin starts move to $12k but altcoin is still so weak except Litecoin and ETC
This is altcoin! Whether BTC is breaking record high or dipping badly, altcoin market will be weak with low volume, and when BTC is stabilized, altcoin will skyrocket!

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
crypto2k180

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:44:29 AM

Many experts on crypto currency say that the market will sharply go up as the holidays end! Many Asian countries will begin to buy up the crypt, so it makes sense now to buy, and win on this growth.

EYEGLOB.NET – First and only Eye Health Global Ecosystem on blockchain! Envision the Future!
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:56:04 AM

its happens from last 2 year , before new year starts market up and then down for 2 months , all prices reaches lowest then again up with bounce back power btc will cross 20,000$ this Time and All altcoins will enjoy this rain
SGToken

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:59:26 AM

Many experts on crypto currency say that the market will sharply go up as the holidays end! Many Asian countries will begin to buy up the crypt, so it makes sense now to buy, and win on this growth.

It looks like quite the opposite at the moment. All prices go down, including BTC. Many altcoins are hitting the 20% dipping line.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:06:49 AM

This is altcoin! Whether BTC is breaking record high or dipping badly, altcoin market will be weak with low volume, and when BTC is stabilized, altcoin will skyrocket!

I have to agree on this, in order to see good movement in lats, btc sould be stabile.

Right now situation seems to be a bit scary. Because as soon as BTC tapped 12k, everyone run like crazy. If it wont be scary it is funny!

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:12:05 AM

It looks like quite the opposite at the moment. All prices go down, including BTC. Many altcoins are hitting the 20% dipping line.

So what is it again this time? Another Market crash? There is going to be a hardfork called BTCP right? And this time it includes ZCL, so why is it going down? Is there a country that plans to banned again crypto.
its happens from last 2 year , before new year starts market up and then down for 2 months , all prices reaches lowest then again up with bounce back power btc will cross 20,000$ this Time and All altcoins will enjoy this rain

I find it true that most Alts are indeed in harmony with BTC, I thought it was inversely proportional at first glance. If your statement is true then it's best to buy right now when it is still in the dip.
shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:12:21 AM

In contrast to stocks, ahead of long holidays and religious holidays, the Cryptocurrency exchange rate will go down. This happens because Cryptocurrency is used as the currency in the transaction. Or in other words, people use Bitcoin and the like to shop. But let's see if there will be a change as China's new year has ended.

@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:17:19 AM

There are officially 15 days of chinese new year.
Having said that, there is no concrete proof that the chinese new year holiday caused the dip.
It is just a hypothesis and people try to find a reason for the dip.

skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:47:54 AM

it is decentralized, no one could control the price ( maybe only the whales do it ) so I think that just enjoy the volatile of this market. no one knows where it should be, but when demmand are more high than supply it will be move better.
jdbao

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:26:44 AM

Although the Chinese government banned ico, as well as the cryptocurrencies trading platform.
Many people think that Chinese people have less influence on the cryptocurrencies. However, I think this is not true. I think the influence of Chinese in cryptocurrencies is still huge. Therefore, the Chinese government's influence on cryptocurrencies, the same is great.
timikulit

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:27:39 AM

Chinese New Year is only a factor for price volatility of crypto market. I expect that starting March 2018 we will see a lot of movements and i am expecting also that some altcoins will not survive on this year. Only bitcoin and good cryptos with service and product already provided to the community will remain.

Whales do control the market. the good thing is we know when they BUY and SELL because the ledger or transaction is public. This is the great compared trading FOREX or STOCKs.

wodebutterfly (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:43:11 PM

Yeah, it’s possible, but may not as crazy as that in 2017 as lots of people have already learned about the potential risks in crypto trading and may make decisions more carefully now!

wodebutterfly (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:46:50 PM

I think this year may be a little different from what happened before giving the unprecedented regulations on cryptos and the record breaking fund raising volume of numerous ICO projects.

chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 01:49:45 PM

What a lot of people are saying is that the market won't make much progress until end of march/april.
That is when a lot of Americans get tax returns and have more spendable money.
On top of that, from just a pyschological perspective, as spring comes in people become more open and willing to invest more.

As far as the chinese new year thing, I wouldn't expect a bull run right away.
Most chinese are going back to work, but some still celebrate the full thing (it's 15 days!).
And think of it like this, during your christmas and new year's holiday, you are happy and loose with your money.
After it all and you go back to work?
Yeah, not so much.

you have to realize that a lot of Chinese are coming off of a nice holiday back to the daily grind and having spent a lot of money during their holiday.
I'm not so confident that there will be a mad rush to the crypto markets.

yesuidanggan

Activity: 192
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:50:30 PM

After the Asian New Year, many people return to work!

Many new ico project crowd-funding continues, and people in the region start to focus on the project investment, which is expected to be a climax at the end of February!

wodebutterfly (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:56:21 PM

There are officially 15 days of chinese new year.
Having said that, there is no concrete proof that the chinese new year holiday caused the dip.
It is just a hypothesis and people try to find a reason for the dip.
It is impossible to find any concrete proof of any dip or gain in crypto trading. I still believe the whales control everything. When they begin to be active, the market may go up again, so let’s just see if the volume will increase!

wodebutterfly (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:41:20 AM

In contrast to stocks, ahead of long holidays and religious holidays, the Cryptocurrency exchange rate will go down. This happens because Cryptocurrency is used as the currency in the transaction. Or in other words, people use Bitcoin and the like to shop. But let's see if there will be a change as China's new year has ended.
People already get back to work today in China, it seems that the market has dipped a little before going up crazily!

kiw_91

Activity: 291
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:48:54 AM

With all the recent bad news/ reputations in crypto. I would forcast sideways movement, includes some dips for the crypto market. It will probably move back up in Q2/Q3. China would not make much impact now as the govt crakdown and blocking of all trading website. Thus slowing down the price going upwards. Hopefully china will lift the ban, then we'll see the crypto prices going up like crazy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: